Code of Conduct

Default If Juice Comes Out On The First Spray Does That Mean The Bottle Is A Return And Has Been Used ?

Just received my first ever order from a discounter called Fragrance Buy Canada.

One of the items in my order was a bottle of Paco Rabanne Pure XS Night for Men.
    The bottle seemed cello phane wrapped like normal. Top of the box folded seal
    seemed tight and looked normal. The bottom of the box folded seal had some sort
    of gummy like adhesive keeping it sealed. I have seen this before on some bottles
    at places like Ross, Marshalls, etc. After I got the bottle out I went to spray it and
    usually it takes one or two pumps of the sprayer before any juice comes out.of other
    bottles I have had on the initial opening spray. But a normal size spray of juice actually came out.

Are there some brands/bottles or types of sprayers where this is normal ? Or did I possibly maybe
    get a bottle that had been opened, used, returned, re-sealed, and re-sold ? I thought I had read
    some where that juice never comes out on the first pump of the sprayer. Thanks in advance for
    any info/insights on this.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: If Juice Comes Out On The First Spray Does That Mean The Bottle Is A Return And Has Been Used ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro View Post
    Just received my first ever order from a discounter called Fragrance Buy Canada.

Are there some brands/bottles or types of sprayers where this is normal ? Or did I possibly maybe
    get a bottle that had been opened, used, returned, re-sealed, and re-sold ? I thought I had read
    some where that juice never comes out on the first pump of the sprayer. Thanks in advance for
    any info/insights on this.
    I have had numerous experiences with brand new bottles from brands where this happens from authorized dealers. Can't say what the frequency is, but it is more common than one would think. Having said that, the second possibility you mention is not out of the question and it would depend more on the legitimacy of the vendor that you buy from.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: If Juice Comes Out On The First Spray Does That Mean The Bottle Is A Return And Has Been Used ?

Logically, it wouldn't make sense for a brand new bottle that has never been sprayed to spray on the first spray. Obviously, if it's brand new and unopened, there shouldn't be any juice in the uptake tube until it has been sprayed 2 or 3 times to prime it. But as hednic says, it happens....even from authorized/reputable dealers. It's not really explainable, but it happens.

More times than not, if a bottle sprays on the first spray it's because it has already been sprayed. It's as simple as that. I've seen people that work in fragrance stores take a brand new box of fragrance, gently open up the cellophane, flip open the box, take the bottle out and spray it (so I could sample it), and then put it all back together as if nothing had happened. I'm sure this happens more often than we know....EVEN in "reputable" stores.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Does it matter, as long as the bottle is full and the juice smells good?

It is uncommon for a brand new bottle to have a primed atomizer, but it happens. A number of things could lead to this, including quality control tests.
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

s'what I was thinking -- some quality control testing

seems random though

Basenotes Institution

Happens sometimes!

I’ve had it happen, but rarely. As others have said it does happen even from new cellophane sealed bottles direct from the manufacturer or dept. stores.

I would presume many makers spray check a few from every batch bottled to ensure the bottle works as it should.

I would rather have a bottle that has a spray missing and has been checked than one that is unsprayed but the sprayer/bottle is faulty.

And if they wanted to "trick" you, all they need do is turn the bottle upside down and spray until the stem is empty.
    It won't spray until primed when rightside up.
    Enjoy and don't be concerned.
    I smell marshmallows!

Basenotes Plus

The average number of sprays in a 100ml bottle is 1,400. If it is clearly authentic and in not damaged I wouldn't waste 1 brain cell worrying about a bottle missing a couple of sprays.

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain
    Currently wearing: Halston Z-14 by Halston