Code of Conduct

Default Does anyone have any musk xylol/xylene?

I canít seem to find any reputable suppliers to purchase from, aside from sus sellers on alibaba. I assume itís because of the ban, and even if those alibaba suppliers were reputable they only sell by the kilo which makes no sense considering itís banned.

I do want to learn more about nitromusks and from some research I need to smell this, and musk ambrette as well in time.

So yeah if anyone is sitting on any and wouldnít mind sending or selling a tiny amount itíd be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Does anyone have any musk xylol/xylene?

I bought some musk xylol from perfumers World. I do have some and mayve can sell a gram. But I reckon you better off buying from them.
    Also it is an alert in some countries. . As musk xylol is the base ingredients to make trinitrotolouene...what you know as TNT
    :-)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Y by Yves Saint Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by refael_sakura View Post
    I bought some musk xylol from perfumers World. I do have some and mayve can sell a gram. But I reckon you better off buying from them.
    Also it is an alert in some countries. . As musk xylol is the base ingredients to make trinitrotolouene...what you know as TNT
    :-)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I didn’t think to check them. Will do now, but definitely have to spend $100 there to get free shipping. Can’t pay $40 for 5g of musk lol

Haha what’s a little TNT gonna do?

Just checked, they don’t have it, maybe I picked the wrong letter of the alphabet to find it ��

Basenotes Plus

I thought I told Christine where she could buy it, but I don't see it stocked, maybe she needed it for a client instead.
    I don't have that much, only about half an ounce...
    Not something I use too much.
    But Christine could likely get it for you... with a MOQ.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    I thought I told Christine where she could buy it, but I don't see it stocked, maybe she needed it for a client instead.
    I don't have that much, only about half an ounce...
    Not something I use too much.
    But Christine could likely get it for you... with a MOQ.
    Thanks, no worries at all.
    The MOQ will probably be too much, obviously it’s practically useless, aside from learning it which is all I wanted.
    Thanks again

https://nishantaromas.com/ has both Musk Xylol and Musk Ambrette. They usually sell 50g-100g if you ask them. Only thing, their shipping might be expensive. They are based out of India.

Casper, if the gram Rafael offered to provide wouldn't suffice, when I saw your post before I didn't know how much I had or, frankly, where it was, but on finding it now, I have 15 g, or at least so the bottle says. I have used none of it since having purchased it.

My opinion based only from smell of the crystals themselves, which admittedly is a highly limited evaluation, is you'd be wasting time and effort by acquiring it, other than if determined to replicate older formulas using it. But then again that could be personal taste. I don't see it as doing anything that such as Musk Ketone and Musk Ambrette won't do better. To me it just seems the poor relative that is similar but doesn't really have the goods. But again, maybe another nose would perceive differently.

One essentially never, however, sees anyone going on about oh if only we could still use musk xylol, what a loss!

I don't believe I've ever seen that, and at least from how it smells to me, that lack of care for the loss makes perfect sense.

Basenotes Plus

Please forgive me for not mentioning this before, as I just noticed my supply yesterday...
    https://www.consolidated-chemical.co...?categoryId=-1

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Casper, I would definitely go with that over the stuff I have. My stuff is from my one poorly-considered and ill-starred order from Perfumer's World and so it inherently is in doubt.

Please forgive me for not mentioning this before, as I just noticed my supply yesterday...

PK
    Paul, do you find that company (Consolidated Chemical) to be reliable & trustworthy source of aromachemicals generally? They have some stuff that isn't super easy to find, such as lyral, phellandrene, some particular enantiomers (like each limonene), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post
    One essentially never, however, sees anyone going on about oh if only we could still use musk xylol, what a loss!

This made me laugh, but I can take your word on it.

I was just doing some forum archiving, and seen some old posts about it and wanted to see what nitromusks did in formulations. I have musk ketone from perfumersworld as well and I just don't know if it's good. It smells nice, but you understand. Thanks for the reply, maybe I'll pick it up from the link Paul sent, just to see.

PK
    Thank you, this supplier got some stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by mnitabach View Post
    Paul, do you find that company (Consolidated Chemical) to be reliable & trustworthy source of aromachemicals generally? They have some stuff that isn't super easy to find, such as lyral, phellandrene, some particular enantiomers (like each limonene), etc.
    I got phellandrene from PA if you want to look there, they also have lyral.