Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Al Shareef Oudh Dedicated Thread

Individual bottle prices - $485.

Dependent

Stoked for these. Gonna shoot for ward.
    Last edited by Castingshadows; 3rd May 2021 at 03:50 AM.
    Currently wearing: Lustre by Hiram Green

Pleasantly surprised with the price. Was expecting much more than that.

Anyone knows when the single bottles are becoming available?

Quote Originally Posted by RedPillFrag View Post
    Anyone knows when the single bottles are becoming available?
    Whenever he gets done with the bundle sale.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Price wise, i say lets give composition a sniff, lets see the price and then we can say yay or nay.
    If it will be garbage, i will be the first one to shamelessly announce it.
    When does it arrive?
    All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.

Quote Originally Posted by scenting prey View Post
    When does it arrive?
    I didnt get tracking yet, so i would think closer to beginning or mid of next week if he dispatches mine out today or tomorrow
    Ill keep everyone posted as soon as i have any news.

My set has shipped today. Expected next Wednesday, which I'm hoping will change once it leaves Australia.

- - - Updated - - -

Received my goodies on Saturday 15/05/21. Have let them sit for a couple of days (I have found over the years that natural perfumes require a settling period), will be testing Ward and Jasmine tonight.

I like the presentation, the bottles are good quality. The seal has the brand name in Arabic. Cardboard used is sturdy.
    The sheet is a nice touch, I'm sure there will be some discussion as to the directions. The bottle removal notes are thoughtful as it is a very snug fit, so needs coaxing out, some may need them.

IMG_6177.jpgIMG_6178.jpgIMG_6179.jpgIMG_6180.jpgIMG_6181.jpgIMG_6182.jpgIMG_6183.jpgIMG_6184.jpgIMG_6185.jpgIMG_6186.jpgIMG_6187.jpgIMG_6192.jpgIMG_6193.jpgIMG_6214.jpg
    Last edited by bigbloke; 17th May 2021 at 01:25 PM.
    Prices Reduced!UK Only:UK Only:Misc/Roja/Cartier/etc...

Current favourites:
    Frederic Malle The Night
    Roja Dove Semi Bespoke 14
    Roja Dove Roja (Haute Luxe)
    Kilian Eternal Oud
    Chanel Cuir de Russie Parfum
    Roja Dove Great Britain
    Nabeel Spirit of Dubai Baz

Niice! Let us know how these fare.

Looking forward to hearing more about them!

I'm wearing Ishraaq today. The bottles have very nice atomizers which give a nice fine mist of a spray.
    Initially Ishraaq has a strong blast of incense - Clear cool lemony frankincense underpinned with spices and a slight animalic undertone. The incense stays the most prominent note for the first hour or so, and then the woods and the oud start becoming more prominent. The oud is mainly woody and resinous with a very slight skank to it. It's very well blended and I find it hard to pick out individual notes. I don't get any florals, but there is some sweetness as things progress. The dry down is a deep resinous oudy sweetness with a faint air of incense floating at the back. I like it a lot.
    Currently wearing: L'Oudh by Tauer

Quote Originally Posted by MrPod View Post
    I'm wearing Ishraaq today. The bottles have very nice atomizers which give a nice fine mist of a spray.
    Initially Ishraaq has a strong blast of incense - Clear cool lemony frankincense underpinned with spices and a slight animalic undertone. The incense stays the most prominent note for the first hour or so, and then the woods and the oud start becoming more prominent. The oud is mainly woody and resinous with a very slight skank to it. It's very well blended and I find it hard to pick out individual notes. I don't get any florals, but there is some sweetness as things progress. The dry down is a deep resinous oudy sweetness with a faint air of incense floating at the back. I like it a lot.
    Might be my natural substitute to Dawn.
    How would you compare it between ensar, AA, areej?

Thanks

I was wearing the Night yesterday, and I felt the style was more similar to that than Ensar/AA/Areej. The ouds felt more Ensar than Areej. The blending was more polished than either
    Currently wearing: L'Oudh by Tauer

How is Ward and Jasmine review going BigBloke?
    Mine stuff is stuck in USA

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    How is Ward and Jasmine review going BigBloke?
    Mine stuff is stuck in USA
    Yes BigBloke - you are leaving us all in suspense...
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

I start believing that Ward and Jasmine are like Ayahuaska - one sniff and ur in different dimension. BigBloke is just gathering knowledge and review thatll be Earthshattering

Basenotes Plus

Wow. I will pray to the Gods of Split.
    All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.

Sorry for the delay folks. I had a spritz of Ward the other day but only made very brief notes. I tried it again today and have made detailed notes:

Al Shareef Oudh: Ward

Nice hit of Rose in the opening, sweet and rich. Not very green or sharp in itself. Any sharpness in the scent is from the saffron. Slightly earthy = patchouli.

Saffron and sandalwood are very noticeable and provide an addictive sweetness, not gourmand.
    If you’ve tried Shalini Jardin Nocturne, this has that sort of feel.

Not sure what Shamamah smells like but there is something a tiny big pungent and resinous (like a traditionally done Cambodi oud), not off putting at all. Just forming the backbone to the scent.

Lots of sandalwood, gives it that nice oomph of woodiness.
    After a short while I’m picking up some spices, the faintest of mango pickle notes. Perhaps this is what the oriental amber resin is.

A little bit later I’m picking up smoke. Also something along the lines of myrrh and frankincense - something a little bit menthol and cool.

Blending, as mentioned by another member, is different to that of the other artisans who offer sprays. Ensar’s blending for Tibetan Musk was different to the previous EO parfums, and much smoother. Ward falls into this category.

The notes do mention musk, not something I’m picking with ease. To be honest, given everything else that is going on in the scent, it’s difficult to know what I’m looking for (I’ve got Siberian musk in sandalwood, and Tibetan musk grains as a reference).

This developed quite quick on my skin. Starts off very bright, and energetic. Transitions to a darker, spicier scent.
    Quite a complex scent, but not challenging. By the time I’m at the drydown I totally get what Al Shareef meant by saying that you wouldn’t describe this as a rose scent.
    It’s very nice, and I’m not disappointed with the blind buy.
    Haven’t given it a full wearing yet so can’t comment much on performance, aside from that it does sit quite close to the skin (based off a spritz on my hand).

Current favourites:
    Frederic Malle The Night
    Kilian Eternal Oud
    Roja Dove Great Britain

Thank you thank you

Seems that first 2 are pretty good perfumes in themselves.

Who can chip in to the smell of Jasmin?

Will do Jasmine tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Jasmine

Opens with a fresh, slightly green Jasmine, a little sweet.
    A grassy note pops up for a bit.
    Saffron, sandalwood and orris give it a classy, rich, expensive feel.
    This is not a jasmine soliflore.

As the scent develops the jasmine becomes a little bit more dominant. The Jasmine is not indolic or overly sweet. It is not sickly either.

The mid/drydown is where this really shines. Picking up quite a bit of sandalwood, and it’s a really nice blend with the orris and jasmine. Comes across a little dry, buttery if that makes sense. The greener element of the jasmine works very well here.

For my tastes, at this point I do prefer Jasmine more than Ward. It’s very nice.

I’m anticipating the perfumes to become more powerful over time, as has been the case with every other artisan, as naturals are being used.

These are early thoughts. So far neither Ward or Jasmine have been challenging. Both are easy to like. I will revisit both after a couple of months to see how they have developed.
    Last edited by bigbloke; 22nd May 2021 at 10:23 PM.

Current favourites:
    Frederic Malle The Night
    Kilian Eternal Oud
    Roja Dove Great Britain

I got my pack and wore Ward earlier.
    According to press release - we might not have said its rose perfume if he didnt tell us. I disagree with that.
    It is a very delicate, high quality rose. Rose is red, and when you inhale it, its so soft as if you are touching a petal with your fingers. Very very nice.
    This rose is overplayed with sandalwood that to me is infused with hoojari frankincense. Very fresh, sparkly and green.
    The total effect of these 2 or 3 elements make me want to think of pink lemony taif rose.
    Shamama saffron and patchouli i dont detect.
    Deep into dry down, musk appears, its lightly animalic, but nothing scary.
    Projection is not big, its more apparent in firat hour or 2, but then quiets down.
    Materials are very natural.
    Style wise - it reminded me of Agarwood assam. They had a rose sandalwood frankincense attar that i thought of, but theirs had bigger presence of Frankincense, which made perfume sharper. Another perfume family i can link this one to is Triad by Bortnikoff. His, once again, is a bit sharper due to oud, and more wattery.

Ishraaq - ishrag is strong in smell and projection from the start to finish.
    I right away linked it to a combo of Cola by hendley and Agar de noir by Areej, with leather from Cuir oud padishah.
    It starts with dry spices, very light sweetness accompany them as if it was honey. Soon after a bit of cedar and malaysian oud (modhesh like with slight swampiness) join party, make it even more intense and woody. Leather follows the suit.
    As it goes into drydown, it becomes more sweet, but never as sweet as AdN.
    I dont get any flowers, animalics are not in your face, but must be there to add depth and texture.
    Very nice as well, style wise once again is similar to areej(his oriental frags). Evokes feeling of spice markets in the markets of the days long gone.
    Cant say wright now its worth the premium over what areej offers.

Jasmin will wear tomorrow as Ishraaq is everpresent and attention demanding. Blocks other perfumes from shining.

Any more thoughts on these?

Jasmine is not to my liking. To me it is similar to Rising mysore, but like extrait. Very very strong. Leather note there is something like coriander and cedar, so comes off a little harsh to me.
    Initial few seconds are good, its nice jasmine, but then perfume transforms and is really masculine smelling frag.

For those who purchased the set, would love to hear your thoughts after a few wearings.

Anyone try their Attars? I’m looking at Hekayat and Al Ghaliyah II. Would the style of his Attars be more similar to Ensar or Agar Aura style, or completely different than both?

Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Anyone try their Attars? I’m looking at Hekayat and Al Ghaliyah II. Would the style of his Attars be more similar to Ensar or Agar Aura style, or completely different than both?
    I have tried Hekayat, it is basically a Siberian Musk/Mysore Sandalwood maceration. But very well done, almost a reference for me for musk/sandalwood macerations. I get what is exactly described in the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dothraki View Post
    Samarqand is stunning with rose, oudh, myrrh and musk. It's so beautifully blended and the quality of materials is undeniable as to be expected from Al Shareef.

Ok thanks! I prefer my Attars a little rough around the edges...blending wise. Sounds like these wouldn’t be it. They sound great nonetheless.