Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Your Current Favorite Fragrance Bottle and Packaging Presentation

I know many don't care about the presentation of fragrances and only care about the juice inside that bottle. The actual fragrance is of course the number ONE important consideration when purchasing a fragrance, but I for one also greatly enjoy a well thought out, aesthetically appealing bottle and packaging presentation as well.

One of the things I really enjoy is when the bottle and packaging seem to match the aesthetic of the fragrance and the house, as in the former Slumberhouse Flask Bottles, which just "fit" the house vibe as well as the juice inside the bottles.

So...I was just thinking about which bottles and packaging presentations are my current favorites and wondered if anyone else thought about this as well. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I just wanted to share my current faves.

1. Louis Vuitton: The clean look along with the beautifully colored fluids in the bottles combined with the stopper looking caps have just bowled me over with this line. I keep thinking how amazing a bottle of Sun Song next to a bottle of Afternoon Swim, next to a bottle of California Dream would look on my dresser tray. They're just so stinkin' cool looking and also fit the warm, summer vibe they're supposed to, too a tee! I have to confess that I've only ordered a ton of samples from this fragrance line to see if the fragrances are as amazing as the appearance of the line, so I don't know yet if I even like this line..LOL! But...I have a feeling there are several I will like or love and own.

2. Areej Le Dore: I've seen some people complain about Areej Le Dore's bottles for many different reasons, but I for one absolutely love them! Every series is unique in it's own way from juice to bottle to box. They're just brilliant in my opinion and I love the way Russian Adam makes the whole experience of owning an Areej Le Dore fragrance an artistic experience...bravo RA!

3. Amouage: Absolutely beautiful presentation from Amouage every time. I love some of their fragrances and don't care for some as well, but their bottles, packaging and presentation are outstanding and beautiful!

4. Slumberhouse: As I mentioned, when Josh was using the flask bottles, I felt they were the literal translation of the Slumberhouse vibe. The new bottles are funcitonal, and the new sprayers are infinitely better than the flask bottle sprayers were, but man...I do miss the flask bottle vibe.

5. Henry Jacques: I only own one Henry Jacques fragrance, but I felt like I was in a Paris fragrance house opening a fragrance made for the King when I unveiled my bottle of Soudain L' Hiver. A beautiful presentation and packaging to be sure from this house.

6. Creed: I do love to crack open a new Creed box and move the little folded cards from the top of the bottle as well as the flap. It's silly, I know, but I still love to do it and I kind of like the fire hose quality of the Creed sprayers too. I've learned how to not over apply, but it's nice to know they're going to perform when you push down on them.

7. Heeley: I love the bottles, boxes and inserts from James Heeley's fragrances. They're so clean and functional, yet elegant at the same time. Top notch all the way in my opinion.

8. Dusita: This house has a very classy presentation from their bottles to their boxes and presentation. Another top of the line experience when opening a new bottle.

9. Fueguia 1833: I love their bottles and the wooden box they come in. Expensive, but classy, elegant, but with plenty of heft to the glass of the bottles as well. Excellent presentation from this house.

10. Mona di Orio: I love the bottles and the packaging as well. The unusual bottles with the thick glass on the bottom are just cool and look amazing in my book.

Okay...there are a few I enjoy. What about you? Is this something you enjoy, or is this something you couldn't care less about?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Your Current Favorite Fragrance Bottle and Packaging Presentation

For me, the classiest in my collection would be the entire Absolute Oil collection of 8 fragrances from Clive Christian in Crystal as well as No.1 Pure Parfum Concentrated Limited in Crystal.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I love glass, and I get almost as much visual and tactile pleasure from the bottles as I do from the scent itself. Favourites include glass-stoppered extrait bottles of Guerlain, Vero Profumo, Hermes, Cartier La Panthere, as well as the Serge Lutens bell jars. Plus lots of others. Henry Jacques perfume oil bottles are a recent love too.

Spray bottles I like include MFK's ones with the tin-finished caps, Diptyque's and Malle's bottles. Glass bottles with good heft, and caps which snap shut properly are particularly satisfying to use.

Frederic Malle's Superstitious is one of my current favorites.

Sex Appeal is my pick, because it flashes a refreshing middle finger in the direction of fancier niche.
    Spray less, love more.

I admire the Chanel packaging of their classic men's line: Pour Monsieur, Antaeus, and Egoiste.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I think the most beautiful bottles in my collection are the Celine Haute Parfumerie bottles
    Celine-2.jpg
    fotojet-64-1566374097.jpg
    CELINE_PARFUM_INSTAGRAM_11.jpg
    o.86373.jpg

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

I'm a sucker for futurism and kitsch, so the bottles I think look cool would cause projectile vomit from most other Basenoters.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader
    Currently wearing: Lomani by Lomani

Yeah, a beautiful presentation is definitely an added bonus and in some cases bad bottles make me actually not even want to try a perfume. Sure, I might miss out, but there‘s so much to discover, I am not afraid of skipping an ugly one here or there. For example Mugler A*Men weird star bottles are some of the absolute worst and I am not touching them with a 10 foot pole.

Xerjoff has a beautiful presentation on their Stars something bottles. They even add a piece of a „real“ meteorite. Gimmicky sure, but the box, the packaging and the bottles are gorgeous.

I also like the simplicity of Acqua di Parma bottles. They‘re all the same aesthetic and it just looks good on your perfume stand if you have consistency, my opinion.

TF Private line 50ml are excellent. So are Heeley and Creeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Varanis Ridari View Post
    I'm a sucker for futurism and kitsch, so the bottles I think look cool would cause projectile vomit from most other Basenoters.
    Not from me!

My current favorite bottle is a complete retro/homage to vintage Rochas Moustache. The new EDT (called "Original 1949") actually honored but improved on the original Moustache bottle from 1949: heavier, thicker glass, deep ribbing, same classic hockey puck cap. Simple and classic. I adore this bottle.

Almost anything that is and remains classic, in the style of male Chanel, not all Dior but still the Eau Sauvage line and Armani fragrances within the designer category.
    While Knize, ADP, Lubin and Houbigant as well as further traditional French exclusive brands along these lines, Penhaligon's and also seconding Creed among the niche ones.

My favourite bottle designs are, in no order

YSL M7 Fresh
    Papillon, especially Anubis and Dryad, because of the juice color
    Memo, especially Russian Leather
    vintage l‘Artisans
    Tauers, especially l‘Air, because the color of the label is so gorgeous with that blue
    Lutens travel spray cylinders

Some bottles I find very nice on pictures, but am underwhelmed with their low quality when in hand (Tom Ford!!, although MdAA has a beautiful color).
    Some i loathe on pictures, like Histoires (the 60mls) and the new H24, but they turn out quite pretty in real life.
    Some are vastly different than expected (Merveilles line, Hiram Green — I thought they‘d be spherical )
    I don‘t care too much about the box, was a bitunderwhelmed by the cheap white cardboard inside the Papillon boxes though.

And yes, the cap has to snap

Pussy Deluxe - Showcat

Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I also enjoy Heeley's style. I preferred them without labels though. I think the label cheapens the look.

I was briefly wondering what I would create if I were to have my own brand and I veered towards something between the Chanel Exclusifs and Heeley's bottles. I do like the look of the Celine bottle above, and like the Rochas bottle, the corrugated glass of Tom Ford's signature line scents have always been striking.

I think the best overall bottle is Tom Ford's 250ml flacon for Costa Azzurra. The flacon is stunning.

4783765400d6a6f78d4afd58c2894b65.jpg

I also like the late 90s/early 00s style bottles like Gucci Rush and Armani He - very Y2K. That said, perhaps my favourite bottle of all, and the one that I don't blame Tom Ford for imitating with Gucci, is Kors' original Michael.

There's something to be said about the colour of the liquid of course but the cap is an excellent way of taking a simple design and making it more interesting than expected.

il_794xN.1974109981_ervj.jpg

If I made my own fragrances, I would probably aim to make something akin to the Kors bottles, but with a slightly different style of top. I might make them out of a different material rather than geometry as I think the rectangular design is part of the visual appeal. I also think opaque bottles are overrated and annoying, although they seem to be the norm these days - perhaps to encourage people to spray more/not notice how much they're using, as well as too appeal to the Instagram 'rainbow coloured' approach of visual marketing (Parfums de Marly?).
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.”
    Currently wearing: Oud Minérale by Tom Ford

Dependent

1- Jovoy
    2- Xerjoff
    3- Kilian
    4- Memo
    5- Amouage
    6- BN9
    Currently wearing: Casamorati 1888 by Xerjoff

Really enjoy the bottles of Nishane and Maison Francis Kurkdjian! Finally, have to include the luxurious Roja Dove fragrance bottles
    MFK.jpgNishane.jpg
    Roja dove.jpg

Henry Jacques, Hermès Hermessence, Chanel Exclusif, Dior Privee

Quote Originally Posted by slpfrsly View Post
    I think the best overall bottle is Tom Ford's 250ml flacon for Costa Azzurra. The flacon is stunning.

4783765400d6a6f78d4afd58c2894b65.jpg

I absolutely love all the flacons from that line. If I was rich & foolish I'd buy them all just to have them as decoration.

Azzaro Pour Homme
    Ralph Lauren Polo
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Antaeus
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Just about anything the last few years from Arabian Oud. I recently purchased their Royal Oud, but at a huge discount in a standard box (and it's a huge discount from what the price shows since it's been added to their USA site: $700, but now on sale for $420 - I still got it way less.) The full presentation, with matching 12ml attar, is quite stunning, though.

s-l1600-4.jpg
    _3_2.jpg
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

The bottles shown above are gorgeous. They are mostly from brands I don't have but if I did start to indulge in some of those houses I'd probably want several scents lined up.

Quite often I don't like the bottles of perfumes I do like. As it happens, the current selection out on the tray contains some of my top favourite bottle designs as well as top perfumes.

​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Basenotes Plus

“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post

1. Louis Vuitton: The clean look along with the beautifully colored fluids in the bottles combined with the stopper looking caps have just bowled me over with this line. I keep thinking how amazing a bottle of Sun Song next to a bottle of Afternoon Swim, next to a bottle of California Dream would look on my dresser tray. They're just so stinkin' cool looking and also fit the warm, summer vibe they're supposed to, too a tee! I have to confess that I've only ordered a ton of samples from this fragrance line to see if the fragrances are as amazing as the appearance of the line, so I don't know yet if I even like this line..LOL! But...I have a feeling there are several I will like or love and own.

Okay...there are a few I enjoy. What about you? Is this something you enjoy, or is this something you couldn't care less about?
    I second the Louis Vuitton bottles. I love the simple design of the apothecary bottle and their different colors. I have thirteen scents, two of them 200ml, and they look awesome all lined up. I can recommend switching to the full bottles

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I like Chanel, Hermes, Dior bottles and packaging in general.

Most of the ones listed in this thread I find gaudy.
    July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

The Chanel n°5/Pour Monsieur edt bottle is probably my favorite.
    I like the clean and unassuming Chanel & Dior exclusif & Privé bottles as well.

That said, I like wild and flagrant creativity and bottles like this make me smile from ear to ear.
    17250277206-4-700.jpg

Mugler Les Exceptions bottle and wooden box with the clip closing.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post
    Amazing bottle!
    I used to stare longingly at my Grandpas bottle of Safari as a kid, almost spellbound by it and dreaming of Africa and safaris and a time before. Every time I visited I would smell it, but it never smelled like I thought it should. I thought it would smell of leather and wood and smoke and animals and gun oil and all the things I envisioned smelling on an African safari. But the eucalyptus always threw me off and I could never warm up to it.

Regardless, one of the best looking men’s bottles ever imo.

The Dior Homme bottles are wonderful
    DIOR HOMME INTENSE SILVER COLLAR.jpg
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Dependent

As far as COMPLETE presentation, its hard to beat Areej Le Dore and Clive Christian in my collection;
    Areej.jpg
    CliveChristian.jpg
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast