Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Monday, 19th April, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Monday, 19th April, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 18th April, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 18th April, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Au Hasard by Louis Vuitton

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 19th April, 2021

Musk Therapy by Initio Parfums

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I need to get back to some deeper house cleaning/ decluttering (Marie Kondo style) so hoping to find some time for that today.

This morning, I'm wearing Une Folie de Rose by Rosine.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Blog Entries

Afternoon-evening-morning, all,

Re: leg cramps: I was swimmer for many many years (hopefully will be again as the pandemic eases)—high school swim team, etc—so leg cramps are still a fact of life for me, and I found the magic supplement to be potassium. You can get it in bananas, OJ, and coconut water (good stuff for general hydration without all the weird colors and sugars in most sports drinks), and also in supplemental form. Magnesium is also important, but potassium has a particularly important role in the activity of “fast twitch” muscles, which are the ones most prone to cramping. It’s also really good for regulating your involuntary muscles, so it’s great for regulating your heart beat. It adds significant stamina, I find, to long workouts. I am not the jock I once was, but I always took it before long bike rides, and noticed I could go for much longer. Maybe adding it to your regimen will help

I always sneak a little spritz of something before surgery or procedures. Iris Prima is my go-to, and something like that, is enough to make me feel complete without annoying whomever has to get close to my body. I understand the rule—surgical facilities are usually not large rooms, and people have to crowd around you, and a whopping face full of Angel would probably throw the best surgeon off their game. Most of the Hermessences are also pitched about right, I think.

Argh, the mood meds have gone from making me all wired to very sleepy. I sacked out before midnight last night, and still have not really made it out of bed yet. I know these things take time, and patience. I don’t remember this weird swing from On to Off, happening before, but I am sure it is brain chemistry doing whatever it is supposed to be doing. This medication has always worked in the past, and I am noticing little
    things already that seem to be improving. The boyfriend has been a saint. I still can’t really eat, and he is making sure I’m at least trying. I asked for a few days off this week, which I never ever do, and I hope that will give me more time to adjust. For some reason, rice cakes and applesauce are things I am actually craving, so I am off, now, to search the pantry and the fridge.

Speaking of Hermessences. I started the day with the lovely Osmanthe Yunnan. After two hours, it’s already almost gone. Sad face. Not sure if I should reapply or move on. I wish I could find something like this with just a little more longevity. I’ve noticed that overspraying doesn’t make much difference, either. I love the “tea leaf” drydown, yet I know this signifies the very end of its detectable life on skin.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Annie Lennox ❤️❤️❤️

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

Blog Entries

I got into my little mini of Prada Infusion d’Oeillet, and I quite like it. Reviews are mixed, but so far I am on the thumbs up side. I smell quite a bit of Bellodgia in it, especially the spicy/funky accord at its heart, less Bellodgia’s signature Mousse de Saxe. Lots of powder. Definitely a better carnation accord than the Oriza L Legrand, and current Serge Lutens, although they’re both really nice perfumes. I would love to get my hands on the old Prada 2 Oeillet, but I think that line is long extinct. There was a little left on the aftermarket a couple years back, but I think it’s gone. If anyone knows someone who has some—please send me contact info.

I’m very excited about the vintage Mary Chess Carnation, that I hope will be here, sometime this week. Until then, this is scratching the itch.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Annie Lennox ❤️❤️❤️

hello all,
    vtg.

Happy Birthday Yellowtone!

20th day of Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Hello all.

Oeillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Iris Prima by Penhaligon's

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday, 19th April, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Morning all, & Happy Birthday yellowtone!

It started out foggy here, but the sun is out now. l'm wearing Ashoka for my late shift.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Creed Epicéa today
    3x2(nyz)4a

Me and Mrs. Jones...we got a thing going on..

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Happy Birthday yellowtone

Creed Erolfa.

Basenotes Plus

Wore this to bed last night (ever so often I don't want to wear Shalimar to bed, I want something less oriental and more transparent) and liked it so much I'm wearing it again this morning to Cross Fit:

Apres l'Ondee by Guerlain

Giancarlo told me once that this smells like Baby Cologne (here in Miami we have huge honkin plastic bottles of baby cologne at most supermarkets and he and I grew up in Latin households where most Mothers douse their kids post-bath in some sort of cologne...usually lavender or violet smelling...which is why I think ALO reminds him because the violet note is soft, mature and very retro smelling).
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Thinking of Cook.bot today and hoping all goes well and quickly.

Scent twins with Donna in Oeillet Sauvage. Wish you all a good start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning everyone and Happy birthday to Yellowstone I have the day off and it's a sunny day. The temperature isn't too bad either The bf and I plan to have a "braai" later (South African style barbecue ) Today my sotd is Cristalle. It is perfect for today. Finally it seems like we will get a bit more Springlike weather here Have a great day everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Basenotes Plus

Best wishes to Cook.bot for her surgery today.

SotE - Yohji Homme.

Basenotes Plus

Vivid by Liz Claiborne.

Good luck, to cook.bot!
    .......meow........

Hello, happy birthday, yellowstone and all good wishes to Cook.bot (Cool.bot!) re. her surgery.

Today was a spray-the-first-thing-my-hand-hits day: Mazzolari Marina. Nice, but a little light for today's slightly chilled Spring air.

I seem to have missed the carnation train today, so will hop on this evening (and probably tomorrow) in Caron Poivre.

Marvelous Monday to all!

Marina fragrance notes: Green notes, Marine notes, Floral notes, Fruity notes.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

Sillage Monster

Just another day in Jersey!

Best wishes to Cook.bot for a smooth operation and a speedy recovery.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Eau d'Hermes 2001 Coppertop over matching Shampoo Bodywash.

Cook.bot. Thinking of you.

I know you'll be back soon to Synch with "The Nasty Cumin Bomb"
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

I am home and wearing California Reverie. It's sunny and beautiful and I am doing chores. Laundry, groceries, garden center. Trilby, I wish you would come here and clear out my garage and shed! A new shed is being delivered tomorrow and I am not looking forward to rearranging all the stuff. Plus I think there are rodents in the old shed. Ugh.

Cook.bot, heartfelt wishes that everything goes well for you!
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Jour d'Hermès by Hermès

Aramis Gold
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

Good evening all!

I have had a busy morning accompanying my husband to buy tools etc.
    for garden landscaping and to the recycling centre then an afternoon in the garden
    putting up bird feeders and insect hotels so only just got round to posting.

Good luck cook.bot!

My SOTE is Bulgari Omnia.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello all!

Happy Birthday Yellowtone!

Best of luck Cook.bot!

Smell Good, Feel Good

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread
    Currently wearing: Play by Givenchy

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    Trilby, I wish you would come here and clear out my garage and shed! A new shed is being delivered tomorrow and I am not looking forward to rearranging all the stuff. Plus I think there are rodents in the old shed. Ugh.
    Foxbins, I'd be there in a hot minute if I could, armed with a head bandana, latex gloves, and a dust mask. Oh, and some entirely incongruous perfume to keep my spirits up!
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: O Pour Homme by Lancome

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.