Code of Conduct

Default Any recommendations based on fragrances I like? (warm spicy & sweet)

Hi!

Many of you will probably not take me serious after the following introduction, but even though I got into fragrances a few years ago and have smelled a lot of them since (niche and designer, more niche though), to me there's still nothing that beats my first love that I discovered right after its release and long before my fragrance journey got serious: 1 Million. I know, I know, fragheads love to hate it and personally I haven't been wearing it in years just because I don't want to smell like EVERYONE else. Even more so since the scent is often associated with d**chebags or whatever you wanna call them. Still, I cannot deny that apart from that, in my opinion it's the best fragrance I've ever smelled. So I'm still on my quest for something that beats it and thought you might be able to help me.

I generally like fragrances that combine spiciness with sweetness and I especially like cinnamon but don't want to reduce it to that. Apart from 1 Million, my second favorite would be Oajan by PdM (love Ambre Narguile too, but slightly prefer Oajan).

The third place would probably go to Initio's Rehab (/Spicebomb).
    Also Tom Ford's Noir Extreme also goes in the direction that I'm looking for.

Furthermore, I like Kalemat by Arabian Oud and Side Effect by Initio even though unlike the ones listed above, they're not full-bottle-worthy to me and go in a slightly different direction. The same goes for 1 Million Prive - ironically this flanker reminds me of Oajan/Ambre Narguile as well, but not as good as those (still like it, though).

I'd be really grateful if someone could help me find what I love. I'd say that 1 Million, Oajan, Rehab and Noir Extreme are the best indicators for what I'm looking for.

Here are some other fragrances that I've already tried and that I expect to come up in the replies, but either don't like them as much as the ones listed above or not at all:
    Herod by PdM (too "dirty" for me, but there are some aspects that I like - probably the cinnamon ), every other PdM fragrance (masculine line only), every other Initio fragrances (I like most of them).

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Any recommendations based on fragrances I like? (warm spicy & sweet)

Perhaps Noble Spirit by Eternal Gentleman
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Any recommendations based on fragrances I like? (warm spicy & sweet)

There's a few by Kilian that would fit the bill - Straight to Heaven and Intoxicated. Also Montale Wood & Spices and Bond Lafayette Street.

Have you tried any Montale/Mancera? Red Tobacco might be a good option.
    “I have often observed that [scents] cause an alteration in me and work upon my spirits according to their several virtues; which makes me approve of what is said, that the use of incense and perfumes in churches, so ancient and so universally received in all nations and religions, was intended to cheer us, and to rouse and purify the senses, the better to fit us for contemplation” - Montaigne
    Currently wearing: Greyland by Montale

Basenotes Junkie

BR540 has a Cinnamon Gum type of scent to my nose, and it actually kinda reminds me of 1 Million in some ways, but enough that basically anyone could tell them apart

Kilian Angels' Share, Daniel Josier Ambre Tabac are some other Cinnamic Apple Pie scents supposedly like Oajan

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Spicebomb Extreme, Armani Code Profumo, Paris Hilton Gold Rush Man are also sort of in the area of your tastes IMO

How about Dior's Tobacolor? Perhaps Boss Bottled Oud Saffron.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

I think Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur would be up your alley, and I think it's WAY better than any of those you have listed as favorites.

Looks like Serge Lutens is a house you should explore. Serge Noire and Doce Amere have cinnamon.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Cartier Pasha De Cartier Parfum
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Chanel Egoiste ...

I'll second this option, it's a versatile and easy wear, classy too without being overly sweet nor expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Right on the money...especially EGOISTE and COSTUME NATIONAL HOMME.
    Between Covid and retirement I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Both Lalique Noir Premier Or Intemporel 1888 or L'Artisan Noir Exquis seem like they might appeal to you.

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane
    Currently wearing: Greyland by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by chopwet View Post

I'll second this option, it's a versatile and easy wear, classy too without being overly sweet nor expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I think Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur would be up your alley, and I think it's WAY better than any of those you have listed as favorites.

Yes to Egoiste and Musc Ravageur

I would add Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    GUERLAIN SDV 2007.jpg
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Diorella by Christian Dior

It may be worth checking out Celine's Black Tie, the younger brother of Dior's Eau Noire.
    image_add09ed0-8570-40e5-8b1b-3cc2ad9a3437_1200x1200.jpg

Many great recommendations being already mentioned, also adding Mugler Pure Tonka, Derrick by Orlane, Guerlain Heritage, Jaipur Homme EDP, Tasmeem by Rasasi, Chergui by Serge Lutens, Givenchi Pi, Chanel Egoiste Platinum

Basenotes Junkie

After more thought, I'll also add YSL Tuxedo as being somewhat similar to 1 Million

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RichMan'sOldSpice View Post
    Eau des Baux by L'Occitane
    Those two are great picks. Would add Tabac Rouge by Phaedon, Ambre Tabac by Daniel Josier and Pure Havane by Mugler

Basenotes Institution

Amouage Journey Man

Givenchy Gentleman. The silver cap version. I get notes of spiced honey and supple leather after it has dried down.
    Top 5
    Rive Gauche pour Homme (vintage)
    Polo by Ralph Lauren (vintage)
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme (vintage)
    Jaipur Homme (EdT)
    Davidoff Zino

Cinnamon, spicy, sweet.... sounds like current Z-14
    Currently wearing: Dunhill for Men by Dunhill

How could I forget Ambre Narguilé.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Mona DiOrio Vanille
    Currently wearing: Le Mat by Mendittorosa

If you want to go offbeat and save a lot of money, consider Yacht Man Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Both Lalique Noir Premier Or Intemporel 1888 or L'Artisan Noir Exquis seem like they might appeal to you.
    +1

You might also want to give a try to:

Because you like Initio Rehab:
    L'Artisan - Mon Numero 10
    HdP - 1899
    Costume National - Homme
    Kenzo - Jungle Homme
    Geo F Trumper - Sandalwood
    Chanel - Egoiste
    Azzaro - Visit
    CdG - Wonderoud
    Puig - Quorum Silver
    Polo - Supreme Oud
    Carner - Botafumeiro

Because you like TF Noir Extreme:
    PG - Coze'
    Guerlain - Lui
    T Terenzi - Chimaera

Because you like PdM Herod:
    L Villoresi - Atman Xaman
    Rasasi - Tobacco Blaze
    S Lutens - Chergui
    John Varvatos - Vintage
    Burberry - London
    Chopard - Oud Malaki
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Wow, you guys are awesome! I really didn't expect THAT many replies and recommendations! Thank you so much!

I'll definitely try to sample as many of these as I can even though it might take some time to find them all. A few of them I already know but most of them are new to me.
    I accidentally just came across Chanel Egoiste a few hours ago and knew, that it's one that has been mentioned more than once here. Tried it and even though I personally wouldn't put it in the exact same category as the ones I mentioned, I absolutely fell in love! Definitely unique and high quality, so I'm already happy about this discovery (for some reason I never cared about Chanel too much, I guess, I was wrong and should get to know more of their line)! I'm looking forward to try out all the other fragrances. Definitely gonna order some samples within the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by Ascention View Post
    Wow, you guys are awesome! I really didn't expect THAT many replies and recommendations! Thank you so much!

I'll definitely try to sample as many of these as I can even though it might take some time to find them all. A few of them I already know but most of them are new to me.
    I accidentally just came across Chanel Egoiste a few hours ago and knew, that it's one that has been mentioned more than once here. Tried it and even though I personally wouldn't put it in the exact same category as the ones I mentioned, I absolutely fell in love! Definitely unique and high quality, so I'm already happy about this discovery (for some reason I never cared about Chanel too much, I guess, I was wrong and should get to know more of their line)! I'm looking forward to try out all the other fragrances. Definitely gonna order some samples within the next few days
    This community is one of the most supportive I've encountered.
    Congrats on your find and enjoy the samplings. Don't hesitate to keeps us posted

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    ... Jaipur Homme...
    This is another good recommendation, it's affordable, classy and smooth. I haven't worn mine in ages (EDT) but I remember thinking of it as Shalimar for men, it's a bit powdery and has some vanilla but with added cinnamon aspects. It's a good one and worth trying OP. I assume the EDP is richer but haven't tried it yet.