Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Default MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    To my big surprise, I received free samples from MFK.

    These are Cologne Forte flankers of Aqua Celestia, Aqua Universalis and Aqua Vitae.

    Did anyone else receive free samples, out of the blue?

  2. #2
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    25,043

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Did you get to try those?

    AV Forte is fantastic.
    Currently wearing: Cuiron by Helmut Lang

  3. #3

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Did you get to try those?

    AV Forte is fantastic.
    Not yet, I just received these new samples.

    I will try one tomorrow.

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil
    Posts
    342,224

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Awaiting your impressions.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  5. #5
    Dependent deltasun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    7,534

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Nice! Hopefully, they stuffed some with my order arriving tomorrow.

    Let us know what you think.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

  6. #6

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    I would love some of his older scents reinterpreted with less loud white musk. Not sure if these new ones do that. Celestia has a lot of lily of the valley in it, which I don't care for personally.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    I am here.
    Posts
    15,310
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Lucky you! That's awesome. I'll look forward to eventually getting my nose on these... but it'll probably be a while before I do. I'll probably need a new bottle of Aqua Universalis by this time next year.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Boy Chanel
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Rose 31
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tabac Rouge
    Reflection Man
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Aqua Universalis
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Amouage Silver Man
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer
    Currently wearing: Musk Cologne by Bortnikoff

  8. #8

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    How are they?
    Currently wearing: Platinum goste by Chanel

  9. #9

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    First impressions.

    I think it is exactly as advertised.
    Fresher variations of existing fragrances.

    Simplified and complex at the same time.
    Always keeping you in doubt what you are really smelling.
    Androgynous like only MFK can do. Almost bizarre how he achieves this.

    Aqua Celestia Forte was one of my favorites of the regular Forte flankers.
    The Aqua Celestia Cologne Forte opens up much fresher with an amazing Lime note.
    It smells very promising, until those florals appear out of nowhere.
    Very disappointed that he tipped this one to the feminine side, in this case I prefer Aqua Celestia Forte.

    Aqua Vitae Cologne Forte, the gold bottle, is a floral bomb.
    Here the fresh effect fades quickly and a big bouquet of flowers pops up.
    Not wearable for me personally. Might smell amazing on a female.

    Aqua Universalis Cologne Forte is exactly as advertised.
    A much fresher variation where the fresh cologne effect lasts a long time.

    The people who like the original Aqua's, might have to try these variations.
    I think they will like them.
    Me personally, I will be revisiting my sample of Aqua Celestia Forte.

  10. #10

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    How can you make Celestia and Universalis even fresher? I mean what smells fresher than Aqua Universalis? I will sample these as well but I'm just trying to wrap my head around these releases.

  11. #11

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    How can you make Celestia and Universalis even fresher? I mean what smells fresher than Aqua Universalis? I will sample these as well but I'm just trying to wrap my head around these releases.
    In fact, Aqua Universalis is a floral fragrance (lily-of-the-valley), and only after that it's fresh. It seems easy to dillute the floral part and to strengthen the lemony one.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

  12. #12

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Hoping mine are on the way in the mail. They always send me samples of new releases. I'm the man

  13. #13

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    In fact, Aqua Universalis is a floral fragrance (lily-of-the-valley), and only after that it's fresh. It seems easy to dillute the floral part and to strengthen the lemony one.
    What I'm saying is that why would you make a laundry detergent type fragrance (I enjoy this one, it just smells like fresh linen) even fresher? It seems Kurkdjian doesn't have any creativity anymore or perhaps he has but refuses to come up with a more challenging release in fear of poor sales.

  14. #14

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    he has but refuses to come up with a more challenging release in fear of poor sales.
    This. Now MFK has become semi-designer semi-niche manufacturer. For example, L'Homme a la Rose smells absolutely like a designer Givenchy/Jimmy Choo/etc fragrance.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

  15. #15

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    This. Now MFK has become semi-designer semi-niche manufacturer. For example, L'Homme a la Rose smells absolutely like a designer Givenchy/Jimmy Choo/etc fragrance.
    Yeah you're right.

  16. #16
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil
    Posts
    342,224

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    First impressions.

    I think it is exactly as advertised.
    Fresher variations of existing fragrances.

    Simplified and complex at the same time.
    Always keeping you in doubt what you are really smelling.
    Androgynous like only MFK can do. Almost bizarre how he achieves this.

    Aqua Celestia Forte was one of my favorites of the regular Forte flankers.
    The Aqua Celestia Cologne Forte opens up much fresher with an amazing Lime note.
    It smells very promising, until those florals appear out of nowhere.
    Very disappointed that he tipped this one to the feminine side, in this case I prefer Aqua Celestia Forte.

    Aqua Vitae Cologne Forte, the gold bottle, is a floral bomb.
    Here the fresh effect fades quickly and a big bouquet of flowers pops up.
    Not wearable for me personally. Might smell amazing on a female.

    Aqua Universalis Cologne Forte is exactly as advertised.
    A much fresher variation where the fresh cologne effect lasts a long time.

    The people who like the original Aqua's, might have to try these variations.
    I think they will like them.
    Me personally, I will be revisiting my sample of Aqua Celestia Forte.
    Thanks for sharing your impressions. Looking forward to trying them myself.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  17. #17
    Dependent deltasun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    7,534

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Nice! Hopefully, they stuffed some with my order arriving tomorrow.

    Let us know what you think.
    Got my Ciel de Gum yesterday finally, and they did insert the three-pack sample, so that was definitely appreciated.

    I did not spend much time with the samples yet, but did spray Aqua Universalis on paper. It seemed almost unrecognizable at first, very floral. I then get a nice bite of citrus, very bright. Then the rose comes out more and that's where I am, about an hour later.

    Not sure if I prefer this to the original. My first quick impression says no. I already prefer the original to the Forte and this one takes it another step away from the original, I feel. Will try the others at some point.

    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

  18. #18

    Default Re: MFK - Aqua Collection - Cologne Forte

    20210501_111453.jpg

    Tried the new collection.
    It's lovely and very summery. Smells more contemporary than the regular collection.
    However they all done in the same manner - Kurkdjian just added the same amount of lemony/acid freshness in all the scents.

    Thus, Aqua Universalis and Aqua Celestia now smell like something from Atelier Cologne - Pomelo Paradis and Orange Sanguine come to mind.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 3rd October 2020, 07:01 PM
  2. MFK: Aqua Celestia Forte
    By L'Homme Blanc Individuel in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th March 2018, 02:54 AM
  3. Aqua Vitae Forte vs Aqua Universalis Forte vs Nio??
    By alikay in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 31st May 2017, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000