Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances to sample if I like ADP Sandalo

Hi there.

Whenever I get into a store that carries Acqua di Parma fragrances, I keep sampling Sandalo and I'm starting to really like it. I definitely like it much better than anything else from the house that I've tried, including the more popular Oud. I find it really uplifting, the kind of fragrance that I love smelling through my shirt during the work day.

The thing is, when I research this fragrance I get the impression that this fragrance doesn't really stand out that much, even though some people do like it. So my question to the community is, what are other fragrances with a similar vibe? At the end of the day, I buy what makes me happy, but I'd love to sample some (hopefully better) alternatives.

I also want to mention that I'm judging this fragrance based on its price on some discounters (around 80-90€), because lots of older reviews complain about retail prices (and deservedly so).

Thanks!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Fragrances to sample if I like ADP Sandalo

Perhaps Yesterday by Room 1015
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Yesterday by Room 1015
    Thanks! It looks really interesting.

Also adding Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood (the vintage may be pricier, while the more recent/current versions are more decently priced and more easily available), Elizabeth Arden Man Sandalwood among the much more affordable ones