Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Today I bought May 2021

Any purchases made and/or any planned purchases for the month of May.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Default Re: Today I bought May 2021

A bottle of OJ Champaca. (technically in the lastt day of April, though)

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Eden-Roc by Dior Prive 125ml EDP

Last edited by hednic; 30th April 2021 at 10:23 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The Entire L'Atelier Parfum House of 7 Fragrances 100ml EDP

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Accendis 0.2

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

Backup bottle Guerlain Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus
    MITSOUKO FLEUR DE LOTUS.jpg
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

From the Osswald sale.
    All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.

Pierre Guillaume - 07 Solsekia and Morning In Tipasa 7.2 100m EDP!

I hope I will not regret this, but I just bought about 50 mls of vtg Diorella on ebay. It is a splashbottle.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 9th May 2021 at 10:15 PM.

The Three New Releases by Maison Francis Kurkdjian 70ml EDP

Indigo Perfumery in Cleveland is back open for appointments so I got to sample fragrances in a real perfume shop for the first time since the pandemic started - it was so lovely to be back! I picked up a Curiosity Set of pocket perfumes from CurioNoir - I think the only place in the U.S. that stocks them. My immediate favorite is Purotu Rose - a dry woody and offbeat rose with some teak and cumin. Looking forward to spending time with the others in the set too.
    Curosity_Set_2_b_large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    I hope I will not regret this, but I just bought about 50 mls of vtg Diorella on ebay. It is a splashbottle.
    Let us what you think of it. It's one of two femme Diors that I enjoyed a lot, the other being Miss Dior.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Let us what you think of it. It's one of two femme Diors that I enjoyed a lot, the other being Miss Dior.
    I love Miss Dior (org) too, but I've only tried and own the new formulation ( about 2008-2009 version)

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    I love Miss Dior (org) too, but I've only tried and own the new formulation ( about 2008-2009 version)
    The vintage is definitely worth sampling, I prefer the perfume extrait over the EDT as you get more depth from the scent. Have you tried Sous Le Vent? That's what Diorella reminds me of.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    The vintage is definitely worth sampling, I prefer the perfume extrait over the EDT as you get more depth from the scent. Have you tried Sous Le Vent? That's what Diorella reminds me of.
    I have a large (50 ml) splash decant of the modern Sous le vent. Edt.

Basenotes Plus

Well, well, well. Guess who bought a couple of Guerlain classic style. A small decant of vintage (gasp!) Guet-Apens and a FB of Shalimar Serie Limitee. Baby steps, right? Should fit right in with the super basic Surrati Malaki and Swiss Arabian Oudh Cambodi.
    All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.

Crazy In Love by Montale 100ml EDP

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Crazy In Love by Montale 100ml EDP

Congrats on this Hednic, I'm looking forward to getting it too, notes are right up my alley

Viking Cologne by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Ealu View Post
    Congrats on this Hednic, I'm looking forward to getting it too, notes are right up my alley

Thank you.

Lovely Garden by Mancera 120ml EDP

WIld Leather by Yves Saint Laurent 125ml EDP

For my Birthday I purchased:
    -Mugler Alien Mirage (totally blind, got a good deal)
    -Robert Piguet Fracas
    -MFK Gentle Fluidity Gold

And my most prized posession (if it’s authentic)- A small bottle of Dior Midnight Poison. I’m the most excited about this one!

Funnily, they should all be arriving by the end of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyland View Post
    -Robert Piguet Fracas

And my most prized posession (if it’s authentic)- A small bottle of Dior Midnight Poison. I’m the most excited about this one!

Happy and fragrant birthday and congrats on the haul!
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyland View Post
    -Robert Piguet Fracas

Looks good. Hope you enjoy your birthday fragrance purchases.

Miller Harris Etui Noir
    Michael Kors Starlight Shimmer

Literally, I need no more perfume, I need more perfume like I need a hole in the head. That said, a "reasonably" priced ($20 with shipping etc) mini of Byzance came to my attention at the tail end of April, and as I've only ever seen them at astronomical prices, I pounced. It smells more or less like Ysatis to me, which I have and love, but have no more need of. So whew, dodged a bullet there!

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.00.16 AM.jpg

I keep eyeballing Paloma Picasso: I really want to try a fresh bottle to see if it's as grotesque and unwearable as the mini I bought years ago, which I think was spoilt. Everyone raves about it, I want in on the magic. But see point one.

And who knows why, probably because reformulations and perceived scarcity terrifies me, I just bought another vintage Dune edt on eBay.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.01.46 AM.jpg

Oh, and that really lovely bottle of Shalimar edp in the 2020 limited edition bottle, clothed in pretty oranges and blue branches. I miss wearing Shalimar. I have more bottles of extrait than I should, considering I never wear them. It took me a while to figure out that I'm simply a spray girl, not a splash. I wanted something I could spray and go and be pretty to look at, but I'm addicted to "deals" so eBay it was for me.

Shalimar 2020.jpg

And also at the tail end of April, received in May: a (I believe perfectly) preserved bottle of Tabac Blond, I think from the 1980s.
    Not having been alive/aware to smell it previous to its current powdery incarnation (ugh, not for me!) I think it's glorious. I kept hearing it described as a leather fragrance, and obviously, there is no leather to be had in the 2015 on edition, just even more suffocatingly sweet powder than is in Shalimar. Shalimar is about all I can take when it comes to that.

I don't know how close what I got is to the OG turn of the century version, but dang, it's pretty darned great.

Also, this is not my picture, and I'd never take one like this (it was the seller's) but perhaps anyone who knows about dating bottles can chime in here:

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.04.25 AM.jpg
    Making room for a baby, selling perfume here!

Ambre Cello (latest L'Orchestre Parfum) 100ml EDP

Paris Edimbourg by Chanel 125ml