Code of Conduct

Default what is the specific problem with keeping your fragrance in bathroom?

the atomizer is one-sided so no material can get into the bottle.
    the temp of the shower is no radical imo and I can put it in the draw when no sunlight will hit the perfume.
    so what is the specific reason? thx

Default Re: what is the specific problem with keeping your fragrance in bathroom?

Under those conditions there's no problem in keeping the perfume in the bathroom. Plus, it's really about very long term preservation (ie decades). If one uses the perfum within a few years, there's no issue even with a warm bathroom (direct sunlight though can be a problem even at shorter times).

cacio

Default Re: what is the specific problem with keeping your fragrance in bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Under those conditions there's no problem in keeping the perfume in the bathroom. Plus, it's really about very long term preservation (ie decades). If one uses the perfum within a few years, there's no issue even with a warm bathroom (direct sunlight though can be a problem even at shorter times).

cacio

Also if the bottle is properly ventilated and spared from extremely high temperatures, combined with this very fast rate of using/wearing a scent, possible spoilage becomes highly unlikely.
    Both due to a fast use up rate and also the next (best) choice to appropriate storage even considering the temperature, humidity and airing conditions existing in bathroom.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

They should be fine given the situation stated.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

so I run a test in my bathroom door and windows closed at all time:
    before shower - temp is 26.1 degrees celsius and humidity 33%.
    after 7 min of hot shower - 26.9 degrees celsius and humidity 75%.

like I thought the hard radical change in degrees isn't there but the humidity is jumped high.
    is there any problem now with those details for fragrances?
    do know that the whole time the door is closed and the window also closed and is it more of a stress test because a lot of people open the doors/window after or while they take a shower. so the humidity can disappear more quickly.

Shouldn’t be a problem I just never desired to test or chance it I keep them in my bedroom away from light since I plan to keep them for a very long time.
    Current Top Favorites:

Ralph Lauren Polo
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Egoiste
    Costume National Homme
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT
    Caron Le 3ème Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Cartier Pasha De Cartier Parfum

It’s cause I have trouble deciding which one I will carry to take a shower with me.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I have many fragrances in spray bottles kept maybe 10-15 years in a bathroom in dark drawers. Still excellent.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Basenotes Institution

Humidity is not your friend when it comes to fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Humidity is not your friend when it comes to fragrances.
    why? what it does?

Smell Good, Feel Good

As long as they are all spray bottles, humidity shouldn't be an issue. My theory is that a bathroom's temperature can increase by 15 degrees F whenever one showers. Of course it depends on the size of the bathroom, too. If that's good or bad, I don't know, but I'd rather not risk it. Plus there is not enough room for my fragrance wardrobe in my bathroom.
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

I've had spray scents in my mirrored bathroom cabinet for 20 years.
    They all smell fine to me.

The only one that ever went off was a splash bottle.
    Regards,
    Renato

Wearing Perfume Right Now

I've never believed there was a problem keeping perfumes in a bathroom.