Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Dior Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit1.jpgFahrenheit.jpgfahrenheit2.jpgfahrenheit3.jpgfahrenheit4.jpgfahrenheit5.jpgfahrenheit6.jpg

Hi guys, I recently went into a small-town CVS and noticed that there was an older Dior Fahrenheit box, I asked the associate to take it out of the case and after looking at it I realized that this was indeed vintage.

I have done some research however, I don't know the real value on this, on the bottom of the box it looks like it is stamped with 1k04. on the side of the box it says n5207.

I believe this is a 2004 bottle, however I am not certain. Anyone that can help confirm what year this is from, as well as the value it would be appreciated!

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Vintage Dior Fahrenheit

It's a red planet box which means it can't be a 2004 bottle. The red planet packaging only was used from 1988-2002. A 1k04 batch code + a 33 Avenue Hoche address indicates it is 2001 bottle. See the Raiders article at the following link: http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...1988-2015.html

Should be good stuff if it's anything like my 1997 bottle. Value is around $75-$150 right now assuming the juice is still good.

Blog Entries

What a find! I'm so jealous!
    Check out my Sale Thread
    Check out my Swap Thread
    My Fragrantica Wardrobe

Blog Entries

Because the ingredients listed are alcohol and fragrance, this has to be earlier than the 1997 bottles that recently popped up. I disagree on the value range. Even at $125, the buyer would be getting a deal.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Because the ingredients listed are alcohol and fragrance, this has to be earlier than the 1997 bottles that recently popped up. I disagree on the value range. Even at $125, the buyer would be getting a deal.
    Good catch on the ingredients list Mudassir. This must be a late 1991 bottle just after Dior switched addresses.

Wow, that is insane! Thanks so much for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

I literally can't believe I found this, I definitely would have assumed in 20 years it would have sold!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rinx7 View Post
    Good catch on the ingredients list Mudassir. This must be a late 1991 bottle just after Dior switched addresses.
    With this being older than I originally thought, how does this affect pricing? I am looking to sell this rather than keep it. I like Farenheit but I don't love it, and for the money I would pocket I can't justify keeping it.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Nice find!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickled View Post
    Wow, that is insane! Thanks so much for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

I literally can't believe I found this, I definitely would have assumed in 20 years it would have sold!

- - - Updated - - -

With this being older than I originally thought, how does this affect pricing? I am looking to sell this rather than keep it. I like Farenheit but I don't love it, and for the money I would pocket I can't justify keeping it.

Thank you everyone for your help!
    It was my impression that most of the 33 Ave Hoche Red Planet bottles are roughly the same. Price of vintage Fahrenheit is slightly depressed right now because somebody on eBay was selling a huge lot of vaulted bottles from 1997 (that's why my estimate in the first post was a bit low compared to Mudassir's). I figure you could probably get 150+ for it though if you wait a bit for the price to creep back up. Stunning find.

January 2005 batch has the same formulation code: 5207. So it appears Fahrenheit must have gone un-reformulated for quite a few years? AFAIK, later in 2005 the formulation code was changed to 00639/A.
    Spray less, love more.