Code of Conduct

Default Best of 4711 Acqua Colonia

Besides the original 4711, any of you tried any of the others in this line?

I can pick up the below, as im a bit intruiged by it. I don't expect much in terms of performance, longevity, Sillage etc, but wondering if they are any good.

Blood Orange and Basil
    Pure Breeze of Himalaya
    Sunny seaside of Zanzibar
    Waking woods of Scandinavia
    Lemon and Ginger
    Lime and Nutmeg
    Mandarin and Cardamom
    Safron and Iris

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Best of 4711 Acqua Colonia

I've tried a few in the list, but as I wasn't a fan of the original, my feelings for the others were on par with the original. You should try them if you have a chance and judge for yourself.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

So far liked the regular one and Ice most, in fact more than most or nearly all of the recent flankers/variations

Thanks guys... Ill have a try, as they are pretty cheap. If i dont like it, ill just use it as a nice air freshener around the home.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanbrfc View Post

Blood Orange and Basil
    Lemon and Ginger
    Lime and Nutmeg
    I took a flyer on a box set that has the three above plus "white peach and coriander" and "pink pepper and grapefruit". Before I bought it I had owned some of these in shower gel or lotion. I liked the pink pepper and grapefruit shower gel but you only smell it while using and not at all after. I liked it in the lotion too, and had a couple others, but I think Mandarin and Cardamom is my favorite there. If you use that, like on knees or elbows or whatever, you can still smell it lightly for maybe an hour, it's nice when it first goes on.

As to the fragrances, just checked, they are 8 ml mins, I think I got the box of 5 for about $20 at a discounter. Really need more wearings to give a definitive statement, but I found all of them pleasant and all of them to have even less longevity than regular 4711. Basically use them out of shower for a pleasant scent but don't expect to smell them long at all. I would recommend a smaller size before buying a large bottle of any of these......

Edit - I found these very literal, in that you get the scents listed and not a lot else. It's not like it's a fragrance featuring lime or whatever, it's like an attempt to smell like a lime!!!! I found them kind of fun, but someone that lives for complexity/drydown etc might be less positive..

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    I took a flyer on a box set that has the three above plus "white peach and coriander" and "pink pepper and grapefruit". Before I bought it I had owned some of these in shower gel or lotion. I liked the pink pepper and grapefruit shower gel but you only smell it while using and not at all after. I liked it in the lotion too, and had a couple others, but I think Mandarin and Cardamom is my favorite there. If you use that, like on knees or elbows or whatever, you can still smell it lightly for maybe an hour, it's nice when it first goes on.

As to the fragrances, just checked, they are 8 ml mins, I think I got the box of 5 for about $20 at a discounter. Really need more wearings to give a definitive statement, but I found all of them pleasant and all of them to have even less longevity than regular 4711. Basically use them out of shower for a pleasant scent but don't expect to smell them long at all. I would recommend a smaller size before buying a large bottle of any of these......

Edit - I found these very literal, in that you get the scents listed and not a lot else. It's not like it's a fragrance featuring lime or whatever, it's like an attempt to smell like a lime!!!! I found them kind of fun, but someone that lives for complexity/drydown etc might be less positive..
    Thanks for the feedback. As i enjoy the original 4711, i thought i would try these flankers, just to see if its any good in terms of smell. The names seem rather interesting, hence i want to give it a try. Dont mind if its gone within an hour

I'm not a fan of original 4711 although I respect it, but I went through a bottle of Lime & Nutmeg and I enjoyed it, it basically smells like lime + nutmeg, very refreshing
    I agree with most what woodnotes55 had to say - it's not long lasting, it's a cologne. Although I usually got at least a few hours out of it, but it was always light. They're all great refreshers for mornings or during summer.
    I am personally interested in trying others, I'd love a similar box with different minis.
    If you want to pick up one, I guess just go with the scent profile that interests you the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    I'm not a fan of original 4711 although I respect it, but I went through a bottle of Lime & Nutmeg and I enjoyed it, it basically smells like lime + nutmeg, very refreshing
    I agree with most what woodnotes55 had to say - it's not long lasting, it's a cologne. Although I usually got at least a few hours out of it, but it was always light. They're all great refreshers for mornings or during summer.
    I am personally interested in trying others, I'd love a similar box with different minis.
    If you want to pick up one, I guess just go with the scent profile that interests you the most.
    Thanks.. The Cardamom one intrigues me a bit, as well as that Iris one.