Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 3rd May, 2021

Creed Royal Mayfair

Royal Mayfair pic.jpg

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    A drizzly day here in Nanaimo. Still house-hunting, a rather dull and frustrating endeavour. Wearing PHI Rose de Kandahar.
    Caz, have you ever told us what prompted the cross-country move from Montreal?

Nanaimo, home of one of the best tooth-rotting sweets ever: Nanaimo Bars.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Oud by Mona Di Orio

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Colonia Pura
    Currently wearing: Aramis Gold by Aramis

Blog Entries

Thanks, Shycat! Yes you're right, the peace & quiet really helps me focus, & having to book a space means l feel commited to using the time well. l'll definitely be doing it again.

The wind is howling & the rain is lashing down here tonight. lt's like we suddenly jumped back into November.

Thank goodness we had some sunshine for our trip to the pub yesterday.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Ever so often when I go to my Wardrobe I just grab an old glass vial sample (one that's been around FOREVER I most of the time forget who gave it to me) and pour the whole sample on me and overdose on the scent. Sometimes this can be a disaster but I kind of enjoy the thrill.

Today's sample was:

Korrigan by Lubin

What a weird lactonic gourmand/wood. I can clearly smell the milk notes mixed with the boozy, whiskey smell and vanilla. Fun - but sort of weird and I can't imagine waking up in the morning and reaching for this on purpose.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

Currently wearing: Cuba by Czech & Speake

Basenotes Plus

foxbins and Quarry - no plans on me to apply for the open position, at the moment. TBH we are so incredibly busy at the moment I don't think I could do the job adequetely now...even if I tried. We are over loaded. I would be happy to take a back seat and let someone take the wheel until we get through this rocky road ahead. But I am keeping an open mind and I'll be talking to my bosses boss (she was my Manager before and she's awesome) a lot.

I found another sample I am going to wear tonight - this one I've heard SO MUCH about and I've never tried it:

Scandal (vintage Parfum) by Lanvin

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    A drizzly day here in Nanaimo. Still house-hunting, a rather dull and frustrating endeavour. Wearing PHI Rose de Kandahar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Things will be looking up if you find a place you like.
    Agree completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Caz, have you ever told us what prompted the cross-country move from Montreal?

Nanaimo, home of one of the best tooth-rotting sweets ever: Nanaimo Bars.

Is it possible to have cheesecake in the middle layer instead of custard icing?

P.S. Seems it is.
    Currently wearing: Cuba by Czech & Speake

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Started the day sitting on a stool in front of the new, glass-doored washer and watching it do its thing. Then I filled the ice cube trays and emptied the dishwasher. Can anyone beat that for excitement?

I hope you get a chance to slow down, Mike. But maybe not as slow as my Monday example.

Rose Flash felt too sweet after application, so I cut it with Fragonard Rose de Mai.
    Hi, Quarry, back when my son was in elementary school, I took him with me to the laundromat where he stared thru the glass washer door, and exclaimed, "look, mom, there's my underwear!" I am a laundromat person to this day; once a month I commandeer 3 multi-load washers, wash dry fold, with no going up and down stairs. Oh, and I ususallly finish a crossword puzzle.

Mike, that's a lot of mishegoss to put up with. I'm glad you are taking care of you, and wow, you smell good, too! Lucky moi, I substitute taught in a classroom of darling second graders today, decked out in Ralph Lauren Ralph Hot. I came home smiling.
    Last edited by jujy54; 4th May 2021 at 02:25 AM.
    Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
    Luxe, calme et volupté.

Baudelaire, L'Invitation au voyage

Good luck with the house hunting, Caz!

It was a three perfume day - started with Ambre 114 by HdP for morning, then Coco Mademoiselle EDP Intense for afternoon and early/mid evening and finally, I spritzed on some Coco EDT at a bit after 11PM. Had trouble getting to sleep so put some perfume on and read until 1AM before trying to sleep again.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

My SOTE was Creed Millesime Imperial
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Smell Good, Feel Good

SOTE
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread