Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dependent

Default Re: Fragrances that make you think of other Basenoters when you wear them.

Gucci Guilty Absolute - Danny Mitchell
    Gengis Khan - hednic
    Green Irish Tweed - N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Default Re: Fragrances that make you think of other Basenoters when you wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Chanel Beige - FiveoaksBouquet
    Chanel Sycomore - Cook.bot
    Sous Le Vent - N.CAL
    Bleu de Chanel - Redneck Perfumisto
    Daim Blond - ExtremeK
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cologne Cabinet View Post
    Polo Green - Speckmann0706 and Danny Mitchell

Aramis Havana - Brooks Otterlake

Old Spice - Tspencer

Safari for Men - HellBentForLeather

Avon catalog - Varanis Ridari

Any obscure vintage I’ve never heard of - PStoller

Egoiste - N. Cal Fragrance Reviewer

Montana Parfum d’Homme - Nosey74

Clive Christian - Hednic
    Sous Le Vent would and Egoiste are my Top 2 & 3 personal favorite scents.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

OMG- Starblind and ALD Siberian Musk!!

Go check out the first few pages of the ALD thread...I’ve never seen any bigger love for a perfume by anybody here, than her passion for Siberian Musk!! (at least at the time). I bought samples strictly from her enthusiasm about it. And now every time I see the words, I still instantly think Starblind!

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Whenever I wear Moschino pour Homme, I think of Epapsiou and Purecaramel, because I can never remember which one fights over it being better than or worse than Hermès Bel-Ami.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

Basenotes Plus

Dior Granville - mr. reasonable

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah1919 View Post
    OMG- Starblind and ALD Siberian Musk!!

Go check out the first few pages of the ALD thread...I’ve never seen any bigger love for a perfume by anybody here, than her passion for Siberian Musk!! (at least at the time). I bought samples strictly from her enthusiasm about it. And now every time I see the words, I still instantly think Starblind!
    I still feel this way! And if there were any bottles anywhere on planet earth, I would scoop them up, no matter the cost!
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    I still feel this way! And if there were any bottles anywhere on planet earth, I would scoop them up, no matter the cost!
    Awesome, I hope you come across one at some point!

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Varanis Ridari View Post
    Whenever I wear Moschino pour Homme, I think of Epapsiou and Purecaramel, because I can never remember which one fights over it being better than or worse than Hermès Bel-Ami.
    Purecaramel: Moschino < Bel Ami

Epapsiou: Moschino > Bel Ami

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Purecaramel: Moschino < Bel Ami

Epapsiou: Moschino > Bel Ami
    Bel Ami Vintage will always be Supreme in my world.

Epapsiou is a Great Nose, however I'm better!
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

So many associations, but I'll follow the rules and stick to worn.

Bel Ami - freewheeling & camel - you boys rock for getting me into a bottle of this

Mitsouko - makes me want to cry - N_Tesla and MimiGardenia - thank you for remembering Nick, Starblind - and screw the rules - any serious musk is you, I don't wear 'em, but if I did...

Bois d'Iles - RHM

Eau d'Hermès - Cook.bot OF COURSE Q.E.D. - and she gets Sycomore ONLY in EdT. Also all the classic Diors except Diorissimo, which goes to my wife!

POAL - Kevin Guyer & freewheeling

All Arquistes - Chandler Burr - he gets Hermès Jardins and half of SJP's fragrances - she gets the other half

Égoïste - of course NCFR, also Bavard - maybe both on all Chanels

No. 5 - yellowtone of course, but all you Chanel girls, too.

Garrigue - and many other niche of his beloved style - odysseusm

Montana frags - aiona

Havana - bluesoul - he turned me onto it!

Polo Explorer - petruccijc - he despises it! LOL

Sel de Vetiver - Chandler & Quarry (best split ever)

Unforgivable - Asteroth & bluesoul (fellow fans)

I Am King - Chandler

Boss The Scent - Grant - he gave it props and it stuck with me - I waver on the buy!

Kouros - purplebird7 - her review cracks me up. Any scent with benzoin, especially Body Kouros, makes me think of her, from the note projects

Original Santal - talkingmuffin, Asha - Asha clued me in to how good this scent, very lightly applied, really is.

Shalimar - Mike Perez!

Genghis Khan - hednic - 100% - there is no other!

Viking - Tspencer - the great defender - he earned it!!!

Bleu de Chanel + Eau Première - Ken_Russell - this is a mental state of precision and sophistication - "Being Ken_Russell" - this layering combo is elegant but a younger and somewhat different/earlier me - I only wear it dressed up - so I think of Ken to get my head right. All I can say is it works!

Nanadebary Green - Quarry!!! None other!

Avon - Varanis Ridari - ditto The Dreamer now!

Versace L'Homme - SculptureOfSoul - also Amouage Epic Man

Bleu de Chanel - ChuckW, rum, speckmann, more!

Yatagan - "that dude with the massive collection of vintage Yatagan who only posts about Yatagan"

Roja Dove Anything - Jon Rodgers

MI - N. Cal. FR & samplermike

Windsor / Royal Mayfair - Brian Chambers

Black Opium - ClockworkAlice

Twilly / Trilby - it just stuck in my head when you wore this! And now Libre because I have YSL L'Homme Libre and you wear the new women's!

Many more but wife is complaining! TTYL!!!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Haven’t been on the forums much lately but popping in here.
    These are just some of the fragrances that come to mind either because the person introduced me to it via sample, or we share a preference for it, or their comments set me to seek it. Sometimes a certain note will make me think of particular basenoters.

Timeless & Occur!, but really any Avon I reach for - Varanis Ridari

Vintage Bal A Versailles, Madame Rochas, Femme, fem. classics - grayspoole

Mouchoir de Monsieur, Givenchy Gentleman, Jules - Bavard

House D’Orsay, especially deep vintage - PStoller

Nahema, Iris - DrTricia

Vintage Samsara PDT & Mitsouko PDT, vanilla, sandalwood - NCal

Lauder for Men, Oud Palao, vetiver - LiveJazz

LaNuit, Bottega Veneta, good old Woodhue & Safari, also Diorissimo (not) - Cook.bot

Private Collection & 1000 - Starblind

And two on my try list - Narciso Rodriguez for her, and Avignon - ClockworkAlice
    ”I want all the perfumes”

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by purecaramel View Post

I keep laughing. That’s a tidy resolution to the debate.

Paco Rabanne pour Homme______________Ericrico

Amouage Interlude______________________Francolino

Always be smelling

This we both can agree to
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit

Common Lackey

Chanel No. 19 always makes me think of RoRo, because he is the ultimate human database of knowledge on dating the vintage bottles by design, packaging, and labels.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Chanel No. 19 always makes me think of RoRo, because he is the ultimate human database of knowledge on dating the vintage bottles by design, packaging, and labels.
    Yes! No. 19 also reminds me of jathanas (not around much now) who was not super-big on femme frags but liked that one a lot. Also way-off-scenter, a strong advocate back in that day under his old nic. Those were the years of stupid fights over stuff like Creed, Kouros, feminines on guys, etc. Be glad you missed it!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Kouros - Dimitrios and purplebird7! The lover and the hater!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    MI - N. Cal. FR & samplermike
    A little trivia, Millesime Imperial happens to be the one that I own the most bottles in my collection.

The vintage gold plated bottles from the 2000s are a beauty, they smell excellent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

I'll always think of Redneck Perfumisto and L'Homme Blanc Individuel when I wear Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne. They keep the flame burning bright for that line.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

Basenotes Plus

Talking Re: Fragrances that make you think of other Basenoters when you wear them.

Angelo Orazio Pregoni and his provocative Reviews come to mind when I wear Pathetique

serveimage_022.jpeg

Darvant's Poetry sealed the deal on Bugatti 1992. I am eternally grateful.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.

Common Lackey

Angelo Orazio Pregoni and his provocative Reviews come to mind when I wear Pathetique.
    I miss that guy.

ahh, yes, I forgot Cook.bot and Sycomore EdT, and Starblind and Siberian Musk. I don't wear those fragrances often, I should dig them up.
    Currently wearing: Calandre by Paco Rabanne

No. 5, Reve Indien PerfumedLady — I remember talking with her about the different vintages of No. 5 and she was delighted when I fell for my vintage 1940’s sample.

With Love, Jaisalmer, Cadjmere 18Quarry— We both wear With Love, as she said, and it’s special to each of us. Q helped me get more With Love when I was running out by alerting me of an eBay listing! Many other things make me think of her, such as the original Exclusifs, which we first tested in person together.

Sycomore, Diorella Cook.bot — We share admiration for these two, among others.

Chypre Siam Bavard — He was influential in my obtaining this one, among others.

Vent Vert, Chamade grayspoole (she sent me these vintage samples— so beautiful)

Shalimar Ode a La Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique, Sous Le Vent, Egoiste- N.Cal — he got me hooked on the Shalimar Vanille series, and so many more things!

Cheap & Chic I Love Love, Pamplelune — ClockworkAlice— I think she choose to wear the Moschino because of me

No. 19 Poudre, Y by YSL (feminine) — Freewheelingvagabond — he got me interested in these two

Sira des Indescestrum nocturnum — we had a long conversation and sample exchange on “sweeties” that culminated in this purchase— my vacation scent

No. 5 L’EauRedneck Perfumisto — We were early adopters on this one together.

Galop d’Hermes often makes me think of cacio and the Nagel Rotten Fruit Accord Pass, where I first encountered it. But I also think of him when I wear Eau de Magnolia, because he suggested it to me during my Magnolia quest.

gimmegreen first told me about Mito, and I coordinated with ProustMadeline and Juxtapozbliss to buy it! Juxt was pretty much my constant sniffing buddy on the Basenotes Chicago trip in 2019, so Hilde Solianis, Amouages, and many others make me think of him.

It was ClaireV’s intriguing review of Traversee du Bosphore that first piqued my curiosity about it.

There are about 100 scents that make me think of Ebenas and yellowtone! Particularly classics and modern classics from the Turin Top 100 Quest.

So many more! I could go on and on!
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: Galop d'Hermès by Hermès

Marand75 and his apt description of forest on a hot day came to mind, when I last wore vintage Agua Brava.

Varanis/Zealot with his level-headed and non-hyped "vintage vs. reformulation" assessments have sometimes sprang to mind, when I've noticed little difference between a vintage and its reformulation (which according to some are supposed to have a night and day difference).
    Spray less, love more.