Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Wednesday, 5th May, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Wednesday, 5th May, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Tuesday, 4th May, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Tuesday, 4th May, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Faded Indigo by Joseph Abboud

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 5th May, 2021

Sable Nuit by Armani Prive

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

5th day of Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

It's an Ivoire kind of day.

ivoire.jpg
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 5th May, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Morning all!

l finally got confirmation of the extension to my dissertation deadline this morning, after spending quite a bit of time on the phone. What a relief!

Blue skies & fluffy white clouds here today, but it's cold. l'm wearing DK Gold for my late shift.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all.

L'Ombre dans L'Eau Eau de Toilette by Diptyque
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Glad to hear, Teardrop!

Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Performing the BN salute

Blog Entries

When I think about how hard teardrop and ExtremeK and ComDiva and Mike and most of you have been working, I almost feel guilty going outside to transplant and weed -- almost. Mr. Q is going to the rental to jackhammer some concrete, so he won't have to smell the JM Fresh Mint Leaf I'll wear this morning.

misunderstood maverick

teardrop...

Wraith by Spectral spirits. Not in the directory.
    ... "I hope the exit is joyful. And I hope never to return."... Frida Kahlo

Phileas
    Currently wearing: Windsor by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. Hail showers for the second day running here today. Survived the bombardment on the way home from work thanks to a sturdy umbrella

Relaxing with a pinot noir and sending another for teardrop.

10 Corso Como EDP.

Good morning, good smelling people. Frapin 1270 today.

Good morning everyone After yesterday's blues I feel much better today. Thanks for the comforting messages on yesterday's sotd thread My Champaca arrived in the mail, it's sunny and I'm soon off to meet my sister. I put on Bois de violette before I checked the mail, so that is my sotd

TF Tobacco Vanille: Blind buy arrived today....

Impressions...

1. Money Shot....hated it... straight to VHS for me...could all the comments be wrong !

2. Ten mins in... hmmmm..

3. Quiet Time: Love that rich Vanilla.. it's a definite keeper.. just need to get past that awkward 20ish mins...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Hugh Parsons Traditional.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Arsene Lupin Dandy
    July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Basenotes Plus

Hello dears, I'm in Hiris today. I find this perfume to be an energizing iris (contrary to Turin's "sad iris") and I needed some pep today. My work overwhelm this week has been taxing, again.

I just went back and read through Monday and Tuesday's threads and am so sorry I missed them in real-time. I tried to post Monday (was sampling Zoologist Elephant) but for some reason my post wouldn't publish.

(((ine))) and (((quarry)))

Mike, this is my favorite quote I've ever read on Basenotes. "Ever so often when I go to my Wardrobe I just grab an old glass vial sample (one that's been around FOREVER I most of the time forget who gave it to me) and pour the whole sample on me and overdose on the scent. Sometimes this can be a disaster but I kind of enjoy the thrill." I freakin love this and am thinking about asking you if I can use it for my signature.

Roberto, did you get that cute little perfume trio from Chanel? I'm thinking about blind buying it because the set is so darn cute, I love the concept behind them, and I haven't bought a bottle in SO long. Then I remind myself that I don't blind buy, I'm trying not to buy full bottles at all anymore, and that I'm literally an addict and buying one bottle is a slippery slope to being back where I don't want to be with $300 bottles I'll never wear enough to even put a dent in (hello, 6.8oz bottle of 31RC EDT). What is it about *owing* bottles that is so satisfying? I am on my first decant of 1957 and trying to be happy with it. It will probably last me a year or more. But there is no denying that spraying from a heavy glass Chanel bottle, enjoying the weight in your hand, is a different experience than spraying from a nondescript glass decant with a typo on the label (poor soul wrote "Chanel 1951," bless them). The next bottle I do purchase will almost certainly be 1957.

Today is my pre-Friday; we are going to Savannah this weekend for the second time in two months. The first trip in March was a scouting trip to see if we'd like to relocate there. Turns out yes, yes we would. This weekend is house-hunting: scouting neighborhoods, getting a feel for what it would be like to live in several of the neighborhoods we're considering.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Smell Good, Feel Good

SOTM/SOTA
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread
    Currently wearing: cK be by Calvin Klein

Basenotes Institution

Mona di Orio Vanille

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Chanel Jersey today. I'm looking forward to an afternoon at the beach.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 Poudré by Chanel

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    It's an Ivoire kind of day.
    Go, Kewart!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    But there is no denying that spraying from a heavy glass Chanel bottle, enjoying the weight in your hand, is a different experience than spraying from a nondescript glass decant with a typo on the label.
    Amen to this, Erin. I've been trying so hard to get over this syndrome, and be happy with decants.

Today is my pre-Friday; we are going to Savannah this weekend for the second time in two months. The first trip in March was a scouting trip to see if we'd like to relocate there.
    I've taken a few holiday trips to Savannah over the past couple of years, and every time I go I think about relocating there. It's so beautiful, and satisfies my architecture yearnings that have gone unfulfilled since I left New Orleans.

Today I'm wearing vintage Dioressence, from a decant provided by much-missed Basenoter RoRo. Not my favorite of the old Diors, it leans a little too oriental for my taste. But still not a heavy-hitter, almost a spa-like version of an oriental.

DioressenceEauParfumeeAtomiseur_RobsBottle_DecantedForMe..jpg

Basenotes Plus

Hi all. ErinK, I think you were smart to buy that large bottle of 31RC EDT. Many people feel the EDP isn't an improvement, and the EDT bottles have now become highly coveted. I can think of a couple BNers that would love to have your bottle so treasure it and enjoy it!

I'm finally getting my first COVID vaccine today. Canada's vaccine roll-out has been agonizingly slow, and we're losing the race unfortunately in some Provinces as COVID ramps up. But we're getting there.

Currently wearing vintage Givenchy III EDT.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

My scent of the day is 31 Rue Cambon edp.

ErinK - I enjoyed your post. Have fun house hunting!

GUCCI POUR HOMME II

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Basenotes Institution

SOTE: Bentley Intense

Hi, everyone!

My turn to do a multi-day read through of the last 5 days of posts: Happy belated birthday, dear N.Cal ; Freewheelingvagabond, hope the caffeine continues to keep the headaches under control - fun tip: Excedrin is a combo of acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine; congrats on the new car, Trilby - drive it in safety and good health; welcome to the Quarry School, Roland-the-French-speaking-warrior-Klingon-cat-gargoyle - you've chosen an *excellent* home; Mike, up in the northeast, I think the recommended age for shingles vaccines is 55, your work craziness sounds beyond intense, and I echo other posters who suggest you re-apply for the manager position; Shycat, there is a piano moving company here in Boston (seriously, moving pianos is all they do) called Deathwish Piano Movers; and ExtremeK, thanks for the check-in on my new unemployed status - see below.

First, SOTD: Van Cleef & Arpels Orchidée Vanille, from a sample.

So my first week of unemployment got off to a rocky start. I'd promised myself a week of real vacation. Okay, staycation, but still. Friday night, came home from a very nice "congrats on taking a buyout" dinner with friends (all fully vaccinated, well-ventilated open design living/dining area) to discover that the main drain to our *entire house* has gotten blocked - by tree roots, it turned out. Saturday morning dear husband must buy a wet vac, we spend the day bailing, dumping, trying to dry the floor with fans only to have it flood again. Finally figured out that showering, washing dishes, doing laundry, using *any* of the sinks, caused flooding. Fortunately friends let us use their shower. That got resolved late Monday afternoon with an emergency visit from a drain clearing company.

Also over the weekend, while trying to apply for unemployment, I discovered the identity theft I thought I'd thwarted last November was shut down, but my SSN was still in the Unemployment Insurance database as "permanently frozen." Spent more than four hours on Monday speaking to various people at the state UI office and might... MIGHT be on the road to getting it cleared up. Of course, no telling for sure how long it'll be before I get any ca$h. Sigh.

Much of yesterday and today have been more relaxing. Mostly puttering, some "diamond painting" (paint-by-numbers on color-coded sticky canvas with beads instead of paint), watching The Crown, and today I did buy a couple of columbines to replace the ones that died back - including one with a double-ruffle bloom!

Oh, one more question: Many of you seem to have tried/bought/become enamored with Chanel Le Lion. It sounds like one I'd enjoy, and I'm wondering if any of you know if the Chanel boutiques are providing samples. I'm not even sure if the Chanel boutique in Boston is still open (the Ritz has changed hands), but if they are still there, I might try to secure a spritz or two.

Okay, that was way longer than I'd intended, but at least now I think we're mostly caught up! And I think I'm going to extend my vacation to 10 days. Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone.

Van Cleef & Arpels Orchidée Vanille fragrance notes: Mandarin, Lychee, Bitter almonds, Chocolate, Bulgarian rose, Violet, Vanilla absolute, Cedar, Tonka bean, Musk.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson
    Currently wearing: Santalum by Profumum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast