Code of Conduct

Default ORIGINAL Marlou 50ml d'ambiguite : You know that I'm weak for you (weak for you) I can't help myself

(I can't help myself/Sugarpie Honeybunch) : "You know that I'm weak for you (weak for you) I can't help myself, I love you and nobody else"......

Hi all,

Many here at BN know of my LOVE of Marlou 50ml d'ambiguite. Just a short while ago, I was in a panic as an Internet "snafu" proclaimed that Marlou had permanently closed. I was like "Noooooo!" Fired on by emotion, I quickly found an online Fragrance site selling Marlou and I planned to immediately purchased a "back up" bottle of "d'ambiguite" (one of my TOP FIVE) Fragrances.

But wait! What's this ? Much to my surprise, "d'ambiguite" had since been reformulated and RE-named! Ooh no (thinks I). The new reformulated Fragrance is now called "Ambilux Eau de Parfum". The Fragrance site/seller had a brief explanation/description about the new "Ambilux" and it's "reformulation". Well, since this explanation seemed copacetic, I went ahead and purchased a new bottle of "Ambilux".

I recently tried "Ambilux" and it is indeed a lovely Fragrance however, when compared to my "original" bottle of d'ambiguite, new "Ambilux" is a bit on the "tame" side. I suspect for "the average" person (who somewhat enjoys "Animalic" notes) that new "Ambilux" will be most satisfactory. However, however, when it comes to (yours truly) SixCats! I MUST have that "Full Frontal Assault/take no Prisoners" experience of (original) "d'ambiguite". I only have 3/4's of my original bottle of "d'ambiguite" remaining.

Well, I decided to contacted Mr. Marlou himself (Briac) in France and I confessed to Briac that, while I very much like the new "Ambilux" (which I had purchased State side) that I am just too damn "HARD CORE" of an Animalic Fragrance Head and (original) "d'ambiguite" is my "Kryptonite". The "up shot" ? What luck! Briac informed me that there was some remaining stock of "original d'ambiguite" available! Suffice to say, I now have an original bottle of my beloved "d'ambiguite" on it's way to me from France!
    I am one happy Cat!

SixCats!

FOUR TOPS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3bksUSPB4c

Default Re: ORIGINAL Marlou 50ml d'ambiguite : You know that I'm weak for you (weak for you) I can't help my

Thanks for sharing the story SixCats! What a great outcome. Glad you've been able to secure a bottle of your favourite fragrance and now you can spray with wild abandon...! Let us know when it arrives.

Default Re: ORIGINAL Marlou 50ml d'ambiguite : You know that I'm weak for you (weak for you) I can't help my

Yup you just have to order it from him in France which is a little more expensive than LuckyScent. By the way when is his new perfume supposed to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Thanks for sharing the story SixCats! What a great outcome. Glad you've been able to secure a bottle of your favourite fragrance and now you can spray with wild abandon...! Let us know when it arrives.
    Thank you Derbyman. I was so very happy to secure a "back up" bottle of this most excellent (special) favorite Fragrance for my collection. I hope to make my bottles last a looong time. I hope Marlou reconsiders keeping "original" d'ambiguite in production. To the best of my knowledge, it is now only available from France.

https://persolaise.com/2018/03/perso...uite-from.html

https://colognoisseur.com/tag/marlou-dambiguite/

http://takeonethingoff.com/blog/2017...uite-a-review/

SixCats!

Now that's what I'd call a happy ending!
    Wanna Shop? --> Buzier's Sales

MY TOP SHELF: Azzaro pH, Bel Ami, Blackbird, Blend 30, Cuba, Davidoff '84, Derby, Edition, Equipage, Jules, Knize Ten, Kouros, Leather Oud, Puredistance M, Santal Noble, Tribute Attar, Yatagan
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

Hi GWM,

All things considered (price wise and including shipping from France) the cost wasn't too bad at all. Ooh, good question GWM regarding Marlou new Fragrance. Briac did mention to me (a Month or two ago) that a new Marlou Fragrance was soon to be released. I suppose I could ask Briac, however, I should just hang tight as the Mrs. will KILL me if I make another expensive Perfume purchase (or purchase anything else for that matter). Aside from Colognes, I've gone a lil' bit CRAZY purchasing (one of my other Hobby) some pretty pricey Knives. Also I'm still collecting vintage Gillette Safety Razors. I now have about two hundred Safety Razors which I've collected in only two years! Yikes! In fact lol, this very day, I found (another) beautiful vintage Gillette FATBOY Safety Razor! The FATBOY is one of my favorite (adjustable) Razors.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gill...9etqVb57773PeM

SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    Now that's what I'd call a happy ending!

LOL, yes indeed G. Soon, you'll be able to "snort" exactly what I'm talking about!

SixCats!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    I was so very happy to secure a "back up" bottle of this most excellent (special) favorite Fragrance for my collection.
    SixCats!
    Well done!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Well done!
    Oooh, thank you kind Sir!

SixCats!

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    I am one happy smelly Cat!
    Fixed that for you.

(I'm glad for you, SixC!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Fixed that for you.

(I'm glad for you, SixC!)
    LOL, yes indeed Cook. No doubt I'm smelling like an old "Barnyard Cat".

SixCats!

Beautiful fragrance story That made me want to discover this brand (already saved their website for samples)

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFedec View Post
    Beautiful fragrance story That made me want to discover this brand (already saved their website for samples)

Hello Ima,

Thank you for your kind comments. I admit that (especially) Marlou "d'ambiguite" is a rather acquired taste, but dear God, how I LOVE this Fragrance. Do give Marlou a try!

Regards,

SixCats!

Thank you for sharing the story, very happy for you - since reuniting with an older (or for that matter, also more recent) fragrance love is always a highly rewarding and altogether simply beautiful, inspiring sensation

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thank you for sharing the story, very happy for you - since reuniting with an older (or for that matter, also more recent) fragrance love is always a highly rewarding and altogether simply beautiful, inspiring sensation

Hi Ken_,

Ooh, you are most welcome KR and thank you for your kind words. Yesterday, I wore (NEW) Marlou "Ambilux" (out and about) and it is a WONDERFUL Fragrance ! However, of the two Marlou (d'ambiguite Perfumes) the (NEWER/reformulated) "Ambliux" for sure would be the more "Socially acceptable" (read "safer bet") to wear (in Public) Fragrance. However, it's those "special" moments (when I feel like a "Testosterone" fueled Tom Cat on the prowl) I reach for "original" (take no Prisoners) Marlou 50ml d'ambiguite. Yesair!

SixCats!

Enjoy in good health
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Enjoy in good health
    Ooh, thank you N.CAL. I will indeed!

SixCats!