Code of Conduct

Default Apple notes that sit in the middle?

I made my first full fragrance today and itís nearly perfect, but my apple note turns to green melon in the middle before returning to apple In the end. I figure Iím lacking middle notes with Apple nuances. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Apple notes that sit in the middle?

Manzanate.

I have that as one of my main notes. I believe that may be the thing that turns melon like in middle. Probably because of them wearing off of other notes and introduction of middle notes

Do you have any ozonic/aquatic type notes in there? It's probably something else causing the apple to change. When you find out what it is, lowering it may help, but finding something to maybe inverse it around that time stamp could fix the issue. Or if said cause isn't needed so much you can just remove it.

How about Ethyl Safranate? Or any rose ketone type material.
    When we do not know what you already put in, we cannot suggest what would make it better.
    In my experience Ethyl Acetoacetate + Benzyl Acetate sometimes make fruit type accords melon-y.

Blog Entries

Manzanate has a bit of a melon smell. Hexyl valerate and a bit of alpha damascone maybe? It may be helpful if you stated which direction you are trying to go in. Is it the main notes you want to focus on? Is it a fresh green or red type of apple or is it cooked? =D
    Jude Rutledge
    Currently wearing: Joy by Jean Patou

Yup I do lol ultrazur and aquaflora

Verdox, alpha-damascone, and ethyl safranate (as mentioned above) all have apple-like olfactory profiles to me

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Zhi'ang

Instagram: aromatic.aethers
    Perfumery + Fragrance Review blog: Aromatic Aethers

Quote Originally Posted by WitchingWell View Post
    Yup I do lol ultrazur and aquaflora
    Try 3 blends, one with ultrazur and without aquaflora, one with aquaflora without ultrazur. If one those blends fixes the issue youíve found the culprit. If not try without and see, then dose them to where you want those two to be. Considering you already said youíre pleased with the outcome aside from that, I think adding more apple like materials will just change the apple and not necessarily fix the problem. As I said you can try to use something that would counteract the affects, under the assumption the cause is one of those two materials.

I’m going to try removing both and see if Sauvignone 100 will give me the rainy nuance I want. The overall frag is supposed to be reminiscent of sitting in a graveyard, under an apple tree, while cold rain drips down. If I feel I still need some aquatics, I’ll add ultrazur. Aprifloren smells quite a lot like melon skin so that is probably the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchingWell View Post
    I’m going to try removing both and see if Sauvignone 100 will give me the rainy nuance I want. The overall frag is supposed to be reminiscent of sitting in a graveyard, under an apple tree, while cold rain drips down. If I feel I still need some aquatics, I’ll add ultrazur. Aprifloren smells quite a lot like melon skin so that is probably the culprit.
    That's crazy, no one ever speaks about that and I'm working up a cart right now and saw that (sauvignone) and it caught my attention, maybe I'll buy it.

I guess following the story behind the fragrance, you would obviously need a "Discover Gravity" accord, all items with a molecular weight over 400. Also, this accord would be a great excuse if you can't figure out great diffusive performance ha

Quote Originally Posted by myhaiku View Post
    Manzanate has a bit of a melon smell. Hexyl valerate and a bit of alpha damascone maybe? It may be helpful if you stated which direction you are trying to go in. Is it the main notes you want to focus on? Is it a fresh green or red type of apple or is it cooked? =D
    I second the small dose of alpha damascone. That one really smells like a fresh apple/fruity to me! And it sits in the top and middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper_grassy View Post
    That's crazy, no one ever speaks about that and I'm working up a cart right now and saw that (sauvignone) and it caught my attention, maybe I'll buy it.

I guess following the story behind the fragrance, you would obviously need a "Discover Gravity" accord, all items with a molecular weight over 400. Also, this accord would be a great excuse if you can't figure out great diffusive performance ha
    It smells of strong BO at most dilutions. I’ve diluted mine to .01% and, when added to my solution, it does add a green, slightly aquatic nuance. I would add at trace amounts.

I have A Damascone, though only about 2 grams in the 120 gram formula (tryna keep the IFRA far away from me lol) but I’ll try adding more.

Try Liffarome and Undecavertol and a touch of Allyl Ciclohexyl Propionate

Basenotes Plus

I think Verdox, Fructalate and DMBCB should help for middle notes.
    Currently wearing: Hot Water by Davidoff