Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If you have to choose a perfume for me ? (:

Hello ! 😊 I'm glad to be here !

Sorry for the maybe stupid post, but for fun I want to know which fragrance you would pick for me according to my pictures ? 🙈 (Usally I wear make up but I have to stop it for a while because of eczema...)

I'm a shy, dreamy, soft, peaceful, romantic, carefree young woman, a little bit excentric, akward and childlike. Think Belle in Beauty And The Beast and a little bit Luna Lovegood ha ha. People say that I'm nice, cute, agreable, smiling, but sometimes too in my own world and a little bit weird.

I like to feel pretty and classy.

I'm totally not a "bossy" or "sexy" girl.

I have to admit that I like when my perfume is noticeable and when I get compliments.

I search an unique, very pleasant, whismical, fairy-like scent. Maybe kind of fruity ? Floral ? I have tried Insolence EDT, it's a very good fragrance, but to my nose there is something that it makes it not totally "the one". Maybe I will repurchase it but not as my signature scent, maybe at least a little bottle.
    Totally different I like Gucci Bloom too, but I doesn't last 😞
    Again very different Mon Guerlain is very lovely too, but too mainstream.

I want to find MY perfume, THE perfume that is me in a bottle, that I will still wear i in 2, 5, 10 years and even more ! I want a versatile and easy to wear one, with a subtle scent, but with a sillage.

Thanks in advance, see you 🙋🏼
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: If you have to choose a perfume for me ? (:

Great pictures. Part Belle, part Luna sounds nice! That hat is one of the best things I've seen.

Insolence, Gucci Bloom, and Mon Guerlain - I've smelled all three of those. Those three make it sound like a broad range of style is on the table.

Dior and Chanel options, which I know best, always come to mind.

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte is my first suggestion.

Hi, I can see you in Chanel, I think 19 could suit you well. If you are concerned it might come off as dated I think you might like Misia (Insolence) or Jersey (mon guerlein), also 1957. On the downside they are expensive
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Great pictures. Part Belle, part Luna sounds nice! That hat is one of the best things I've seen.

Insolence, Gucci Bloom, and Mon Guerlain - I've smelled all three of those. Those three make it sound like a broad range of style is on the table.

Dior and Chanel options, which I know best, always come to mind.

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte is my first suggestion.
    Good one
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

Welcome to the forum. I like your pictures and your style!

I think one of the Chanel Chance scents might suit you quite well, and perhaps Dior's Joy Intense. They're fruity, floral, and sensual, without getting into 'Femme Fatale' territory.

Welcome to the forum, Lifee!

I could definitely see you in Lolita Lempicka! Lolita Lempicka Mon Premier is the version you would find most easily and it's beautiful! It's a quirky aromatic gourmand, quite unique as it's more cool than warm, and definitely has those enchanted forest vibes! It has some cherry and liquorice so you must be okay with that, but it's definitely an easy wear, not challenging for others, but also unique and has that vibe you're going for!

Insolence is another one, although it's very different. What you don't like in EDT? If you don't like the fruitiness or it seems a bit too outgoing for you, I would suggest trying the EDP: it's softer and much more about the violet, and is more dreamy. But they're both quite similar actually.
    If it's too loud and in your face to you, try Guerlain Meteorites: it's very similarly fairylike and dreamy and powdery, but has some apple in top notes and is much much much more quiet. If you want sillage and projection, it's not it, it's super subtle though.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I'd go along with Misia
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Common Lackey

I'm thinking you're an Annick Goutal kind of girl. A little too quirky for Guerlain or Chanel.

But I haven't decided which Goutal yet. I'll have to look at their offerings and pick one....

The weather might make a difference. Which country do you live in?

What a splendid introduction! Welcome to Basenotes. I think you'll like it here!

What are some of your favorite notes?
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 9th May 2021 at 06:20 PM.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Blog Entries

My first thought is that you must try Faerie by Van Cleef & Arpels. You'd surely love the bottle, at least!

Welcome to basenotes!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Welcome and thank you for posting.

In additions to many great recommendations, also recommending especially Escale a Portofino by Dior, Rhubarbe Pamplemousse by l'Occitane, Voyage d'Hermes EDT by Hermes among the citrus, Arlesienne (again by l'Occitane), Chevignon and also Jaipur Bracelet by Boucheron among the both easygoing as much as effortlessly classy and elegant floral options.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I'm thinking you're an Annick Goutal kind of girl.
    The perfect suggestion.

Thank you very much everyone for your responses and cool suggestions. And thanks for the kind words about my pictures ha ha !
    It's funny that you are some to suggest a Chanel. I would be happy to wear a Chanel, but it's difficult to tell which one would suits me. Christalle, n°19, jersey, 1857 and Misia sound lovely �� And of course Chance !
    And what do you think of n°5 Eau Première and n°5 L'Eau ?
    And not Chanel Dior Joy Intense, Lolita Lempicka, Meteorites by Guerlain, Annick Goutal (by the whey @Cook.bot I'm from France, Elsass (North-East of France, next to Germany) and Faerie by Van Cleef & Arpels (the name just appeals me ��) sound very interesting too.
    And for Insolence @ClockworkAlice it's hard to explain,
    maybe some notes together ? Maybe I have to try the EDP yes ��
    I absolutly need to smell all those fragrances ! ��

Oh, so many suggestions, you are amazing, thank you ! 😊 I really need to smell all those interesting fragrances !
    Some of you suggested Chanel perfumes, and it's true that I would be happy to wear a Chanel. I guess in all those suggestions from this brand at least one would suit me. What do you think of n°5 l'Eau Première and l'Eau ?
    And not Chanel all the other suggestions sound lovely and right in my alley.
    @ClockworkAlice about Insolence it's hard to explain. Maybe some notes together ? Yes, I need to try the EDP 🙂
    @Cook.bot I'm from France, Elsass (North-East, next to Germany.) 🙂

Again, thanks a lot for all your responses ! 😊🌸 And thank you for the kind words about my pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by Lifee View Post
    I want to find MY perfume, THE perfume that is me in a bottle, that I will still wear i in 2, 5, 10 years and even more ! I want a versatile and easy to wear one, with a subtle scent, but with a sillage.
    Hi Lifee and welcome! I think others might help you better scentwise, but since nobody has posted this so far, there‘s a common saying over here: If you‘re searching for a signature scent, for your one and only — you‘ve come to the wrong place Take this with a grain of sugar, so to speak... There are countless stories of people who came here for this reason, and, well found their one (two, three) and only for several of their countless facets. I‘m one of them. A year and a half ago, I stumbled upon this by accident, with a similar question in mind as you have. Now I‘m a true perfumista and love every single of my, cough, several fragrances

As I said, not an expert for “female“ scents, still I could see you loving one of these also:
    Serge Lutens — Iris Silver Mist (classy, dreamy, slightly nerdy)
    Creed — Aventus for Her (criminally underrated fruity floral imo)
    Chanel — Chance (maybe a little too mainstream for you)
    Nicolaï — Angelys Pear (wonderfully fruity yet classy pear springtime marvel)
    Gucci — Guilty Absolute pour Femme (berry slightly leathery rosy patch)

All the best!

Basenotes Junkie

I think you might try a floral... perhaps histoire d orangeurs or chasse aux pappillion

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    1. Sandalo by Lorenzo Villoresi
    2. Eau D'Hederin by Annick Goutal
    3. Neroli Portofino by Tom ford
    4. Gris Clair by Serge Lutens
    5. L'Ombre Dans L'Eau by Diptyque
    6. Colonia by Acqua di Parma
    7. Scandal by Roja
    8. Sublime Vanille by Creed
    9. Moon Safari by Memo
    10. Pour Homme by Paco Robanne

Basenotes Institution

Samsara sounds like your style. Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard Lifee, I would recommend Diptyque Philosykos.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'd go along with Misia
    Excellent suggestion, hednic. Chanel Les Exclusifs is a nice series for her to try. Frederic Malle L’Eau d’Hiver too.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

I'm thinking you're an Annick Goutal kind of girl. A little too quirky for Guerlain or Chanel.

But I haven't decided which Goutal yet. I'll have to look at their offerings and pick one....

Yes! Quirky in a very good way. Goutal... or maybe Hermès?

Misia is a great choice, though.

I think the main commonality that comes across to me among all the fragrances you chose, Lifee, is their opacity.

Some that come to mind based on your previous choices, my perceptions of fragrance opacity, and your own color and style choices:

-Twilly by Hermès (spicy tuberose)
    -Eau de Merveilles by Hermès (salted orange)
    -Les Nuits d’Hadrien by Annick Goutal (citrus patchouli)
    -Angel Muse by Thierry Mugler (hazelnut gourmand)
    -Fruitchouli Flash by Tauerville (peach patchouli)
    -Eau Duelle by Diptyque (juniper vanilla)
    -Bibliotheque by Byredo (violet leather)
    -Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta (jasmine suede)
    -Helmut Lang EDP (lavender musk)— this one seems to have been discontinued, but if you love Mon Guerlain but find it too mainstream, this might be the ticket.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Rochas by Rochas

Thank you so much everyone, you are amazing ! 😊 So much suggestions that sound very great and right in my alley ! 😃

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Insolence is another one, although it's very different. What you don't like in EDT? If you don't like the fruitiness or it seems a bit too outgoing for you, I would suggest trying the EDP: it's softer and much more about the violet, and is more dreamy. But they're both quite similar actually.
    I don't really know what I don't like in Insolence. It hard to explain.
    Maybe some notes together ? I appreciate it, but it's not THE one. Yes, I need to try the EDP 🙂

I'm from France, Elsass, North-East (right next to Germany)🙂 Yes it's true, some perfumes work better in certain weathers.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Yes! Quirky in a very good way. Goutal... or maybe Hermès?

YES! Hermès. Exactly! She already loves their colors and styles.

Lifee, you could be in the Hermès annual catalog! You must try all their fragrances!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

I'm from France, Elsass, North-East (right next to Germany)�� Yes it's true, some perfumes work better in certain weathers.
    That‘s great, as you can order samples of basically everything mentioned here to be sent to you, even the more exclusive stuff. Shops like nose.fr (FRA), firstinfragrance.com (their HQ is actually near Karlsruhe and you can also go there, don’t know if possible at the moment though) and essenza-nobile.de (GER) among many others have a broad selection to try out. It‘s always fun to read how suggestions have worked out for people asking here.

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Intense
    Chanel Coco Noir
    Hermes 24 Faubourg

These will be excellent and performance is top notch.

There is also the new Ralph Lauren Woman which is a excellent new release and smells very nice, also comes in a newer Woman Intense concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

Lifee, you could be in the Hermès annual catalog! You must try all their fragrances!
    Yes! That’s what I was thinking!

Lifee, Speckmann has a great suggestion with 24 Fauberg— kind of a classic, slightly spicy white floral/Chypre. Princess Diana famously wore it.

Some other standouts from the Hermès catalog:

-Galop d’Hermes (joyful sueded rose)
    -Iris Ukiyoe (ethereal iris)
    -Eau de Mandarine Ambree (candied mandarins)
    -Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate (fruity rhubarb)

Keep us up to date on your discoveries!
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Rochas by Rochas

So many great suggestions here! I'm seeing something with purple flowers for you, some violet at least. Maybe Aimee-moi by Caron. Candied flowers, soft but with a bit of a tang, and an opaque, sweet base.

Do let us know if you try any of these, I'm curious to see where you land, as the suggestions cover a wide range of scents.

Common Lackey

I'm totally not a "bossy" or "sexy" girl.

I search an unique, very pleasant, whimsical, fairy-like scent. Maybe kind of fruity ? Floral ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Got it: Osmanthe Yunnan by Hermès.

You must try this, Lifee. The osmanthus blossoms have a quality like apricots mixed with tea, all set against a background of soft suede leather. And all very sheer and fairy-like.