Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Louis Vuitton - Imagination (?)

From Instagram - new men's scent. Amber, black tea, citrus, cedar. Bottle is light blue-green. Not sure if this is legit or not.

Default Re: New Louis Vuitton - Imagination (?)

From where/whom on Instagram? Can you link to the post?
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I haven't heard anything either about this from my LV contacts.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The account is @ifragranceofficial

Supposedly 6/2 release date

Basenotes Plus

Here's the pic, heard about it this past Friday on Facebook.
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre/Oud & Pink
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense
    Currently wearing: 17/17 Richwood by Xerjoff

I'm definitely behind, but will test this one when I get the chance.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

that Cavalier chap has become almost as prolific at knocking out scents as master perfumer Alberto Morillas
    Currently wearing: Parade by Céline

Now that I know it exists, another definite blind buy for me if it's the gents category.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    that Cavalier chap has become almost as prolific at knocking out scents as master perfumer Alberto Morillas
    Too prolific. I'm like "YESSS!!!" and my wallet's like "NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    I think they keep him locked in a dungeon and he only gets a weekend off if he comes up with a new wonderful creation...
    Currently wearing: Original Santal by Creed

Pre-launch is on May 13th on the Louis Vuitton website and in stores on June 3rd according to LV Client Services. It is a masculine release.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Pre-launch is on May 13th on the Louis Vuitton website and in stores on June 3rd according to LV Client Services. It is a masculine release.
    Nice, I do like the notes.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

I managed to score a sample of this today. I'm a bit surprised. It's as if Afternoon Swim and Cactus Garden had a baby. "Afternoon Garden" or "Cactus Swim"? It's nice. To me, it's not as special as Afternoon Swim, but it's better than Cactus Garden, which isn't my favorite.

I may pass on this one.

So much for LV Client Services. No appearance of this on their website. Today was supposed to be the pre-launch on their website.

So much for LV Client Services. No appearance of this on their website. Today was supposed to be the pre-launch on their website.
    I visited my boutique around lunchtime. They didn't have a tester out, but I asked about it and they brought me a sample.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Brian5701 View Post
    I visited my boutique around lunchtime. They didn't have a tester out, but I asked about it and they brought me a sample.
    Patiently waiting on your first impressions.

Make It Happen!

2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre/Oud & Pink
    10.Cuir Intense

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    Patiently waiting on your first impressions.

He's got it 2 posts above the one you quoted.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    He's got it 2 posts above the one you quoted.
    Thanx deltasun, I don't know how I missed that!
    Make It Happen!

2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    10.Cuir Intense

I managed to score a sample of this today. I'm a bit surprised. It's as if Afternoon Swim and Cactus Garden had a baby. "Afternoon Garden" or "Cactus Swim"? It's nice. To me, it's not as special as Afternoon Swim, but it's better than Cactus Garden, which isn't my favorite.

I may pass on this one.
    So, an hour later, the listed amber note is coming through. It still retains the fresh DNA of AS and CG though.

According to LV Client Services (just got off the phone with them) Today was an "internal pre-launch" to acquaint the sales reps with the scent, notes, etc. and the public launch is still slated for June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by RawMia View Post
    Thanx deltasun, I don't know how I missed that!
    It's all hednic's fault, cutting into the first comment so hastily.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Basenotes Plus

I know right! Can't let him get a bottle before me!
    Make It Happen!

2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    10.Cuir Intense

I may pass on this one.
    If that's the case, then I'll pass with you. I bought and love Afternoon Swim, but Cactus Garden was not wearable for me.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

A lot of the latter offerings sound like fresh perfumes.
    The last time I tried LV fragrances they were skin scents.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.
    Currently wearing: Lyric Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    The last time I tried LV fragrances they were skin scents.
    Some of them are, but others in the line are most definitely not just skin scents.

I reached out to my SA today, and no wonder I hadn't heard from her for a bit: she's no longer in the store. *sigh* She was happy to hear from me, though, and said she would pass on my info and requests to another SA. Maybe I'll stop by the boutique this weekend.

According to LV Client Services (just got off the phone with them) Today was an "internal pre-launch" to acquaint the sales reps with the scent, notes, etc. and the public launch is still slated for June 3rd.
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

June 3rd can't come fast enough...
    Currently wearing: Original Santal by Creed

Also, is it me or is the font on “Imagination” kinda screwy? I noticed it on the image and thought it was some artifact, but it’s on the sample vial as well. The “O” is very narrow, like a zero, compared to the “G”, which is totally round. Hidden message? Coordinates to Cavallier’s prison cell?

Never mind. Orage has the same font. I’ve been watching too many detective shows.

I stopped by the store today to speak with an SA my former SA put me in touch with, and she gave me some samples of Imagination.

It's not very exciting, but par for the course with Louis Vuitton, it seems to be very well made. It does remind me a bit of Cactus Garden and Afternoon Swim. It's more reminiscent of something else that's not a Louis Vuitton, though...I just can't name exactly what. I think a lot of people will just think it's a boring take on a designer fragrance.

It's not for sale yet, and she said she didn't know when it'd be for sale, but she would let me know. She gave me two samples, so I'll give it a few wears to see how I like it.

Basenotes Junkie

Thanks for the updates on this one. Personally, I'm hoping it turns out better for me than Meteore.
    "And I am a weapon of massive consumption
    and its not my fault its how I'm program to function"