Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Wednesday, 12th May, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Wednesday, 12th May, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Tuesday, 11th May, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Tuesday, 11th May, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Christian Lacroix by Christian Lacroix

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 12th May, 2021

Rose Aria by Heeley

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Bel Ami

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

As an update to my Covid 19 vaccine, the soreness in my arm is now at its peak feel really achy when moving it. It's probably going to be hard to sleep because of the discomfort. I'm feeling a little exhausted/tired and my head hurts. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse than this.

12th day of Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,

NCal, hopefully you'll start feeling better soon!

I'm in Shalimar Cologne today, it feels very fitting right now.

NCal, hope you feel better soon.
    I had my second Astra Zeneca jab on Monday
    but seem to have got away with no side effects this
    time around.

I am testing some samples in bed at night and applied
    By Killian Rolling in Love yesterday. Whoa .. I can still smell
    it this morning. This one is full-on sensual and very obvious
    in its intentions shall we say.i.e. not an office scent.

rolling in love.jpg

I will wash the remainder off and go for Le Parfum de Therese
    today.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 12th May, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Morning all!

We have a mix of sunshine & showers here, & thankfully that annoying wind has died down. l'm wearing Un Matin d'Orage for my late shift.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,

Basenotes Plus

((((N.Cal))))

Seveline - Vanille Patchoulilaurence dumont
    .......meow........
    Currently wearing: Héliotrope Blanc by Piver

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. N.Cal I hope you feel better soon.

Vintage Chloè for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I had my second Astra Zeneca jab on Monday
    but seem to have got away with no side effects this
    time around.
    Very glad to hear it
    I felt pretty lousy after my first vaccine and hope it will be a little easier the next time. I'll still be extremely grateful when I eventually get my second dose regardless of any side effects.

Tauer - Incense Rose.

N.CAL, hope you feel better soon.

Good morning.

Today, am in Frapin 1270.

Yesterday, all coconutty in coconut body lotion and Sarah Horowitz Perfect Coconut Milk. The dog wanted to lick my legs, the lotion was Eminence brand and they use natural ingredients (not exclusively) so likely real coconut in there.

Monday rose deodorant and Samsara.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Richard James Savile Row.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Guerlain Sous Le Vent. It's been a while and it smells very good. I wore the heck out of it when I first got it (around 2013) and it's on my Top 10 Most Worn list. The bottle has about 1/3 left and I'm kind of stingy with it because it's discontinued.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Smell Good, Feel Good

SOTM/SOTA
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread
    Currently wearing: Play by Givenchy

Common Lackey

A cool, rainy spring day here, only 58F/15C, perfect for a crisp vetiver.

Guerlain Vetiver (1961) by Jean Paul Guerlain

I took a Lyft to my doctor appointment yesterday, and my usual driver had added room scents to his regular lineup of perfume oils for sale. I bought one called Black Ice that seems to be entirely composed of rooty vetiver and patchouli. Not a proper perfume, but still a really good smell. He claims he sells a lot of it as a car interior scent, to people who want to cover up the smell of pot. And no, I didn't notice the interior of his car smelling of it.

Basenotes Plus

I was in a vintage green mood again today and reached in the ol' vintage sample drawer. Pulled out Jolie Madame. It got an approval from Heather (she never ceases to surprise me! I was sure this would be a recoiler).

(((NCAL))) Hope your arm feels better soon. H had a sleepless night or two, too, due to vaccine-arm.

Cook.bot, I got a good chuckle out of your update. Your Lyft driver sounds like a character.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Today I finished up a small decant of Carnal Flower (purchased a 50 ml bottle last year)

SOTD

Hello everyone I just got up and start to prepare for my 2nd nightshift. Yesterday was calm, so fingers crossed for this one I have ordered Chinese takeaway so hopefully that will be delivered soon ErinK, I love Jolie madame I have a small decant. I think it's vtg. N. Cal get well soon Sotd is Winter palace.

Cook.bot, I hope everything went well at your appointment.

I'm wearing Rhubarbe Ecarlate this morning.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Institution

Bleu de Chanel Parfum

The power of bleu

Hello everyone! It’s been a minute ...

I was talking with Mike Perez a few days ago via text message and mentioned to him how I had forgotten so much about fragrances and notes, how I had lost my creativity. I miss talking about scents and miss the camaraderie here. I have not stopped wearing scents, I just don’t really talk about them these days. I thought I would stop by ...

I’m wearing Cuir de Lancome today. I love this one, it’s my Springtime leather scent. At my old job, I would walk by a trio of trees by the parking lot. They would have white blossoms in the Spring and they would fill the air with a slightly astringent, but softly sweet and clean-smelling aroma. I was told they were Hawthorn trees. Cuir de Lancome smells like those trees ... and sure enough, Hawthorn is listed as one of the notes.

It’s nice to stop by and see everyone! Have a good day ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Futuros by Aubusson

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Hello everyone! It’s been a minute ...

I was talking with Mike Perez a few days ago via text message and mentioned to him how I had forgotten so much about fragrances and notes, how I had lost my creativity. I miss talking about scents and miss the camaraderie here. I have not stopped wearing scents, I just don’t really talk about them these days. I thought I would stop by ...

I’m wearing Cuir de Lancome today. I love this one, it’s my Springtime leather scent. At my old job, I would walk by a trio of trees by the parking lot. They would have white blossoms in the Spring and they would fill the air with a slightly astringent, but softly sweet and clean-smelling aroma. I was told they were Hawthorn trees. Cuir de Lancome smells like those trees ... and sure enough, Hawthorn is listed as one of the notes.

It’s nice to stop by and see everyone! Have a good day ...
    *waves to Shades* Nice to see you here again

Blog Entries

Good to see you, shades! l adore the smell of hawthorn, & l look forward to it blooming every spring. There are several on my route as l walk to & from work, & l always inhale deeply as l pass...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Between two pine trees

NCal, hope you feel better soon. For me, being fully vaccinated (which I was as of last Thursday, including the 2-week wait) has been well worth the admittedly minimal side effects I had. They were quickly past, and it feels good to know I've further reduced the risk to me and to others.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I am testing some samples in bed at night and applied By Killian Rolling in Love yesterday. Whoa .. I can still smell it this morning. This one is full-on sensual and very obvious in its intentions shall we say.i.e. not an office scent.
    Now I want to try Rolling In Love. I'll bet foxbins does, too. Who didn't see that coming?

I'll happily participate in that BN group hug! I'd be at the next meet-up in a hot minute.

It's good to see you, shades! <waves> Another Hawthorn lover here. It's also a note in Daim Blond.

I'm wearing Journey Woman today. But now I'm kind of thinking about revisiting Le Parfum de Therese, which I haven't tried for a good 5 or 6 years. My nose has changed.

Hello, all, healing thoughts (and a suggestion for Tylenol just for overnight) to N.Cal, hurrah for the shades sighting (and another hawthorn fan, here), and just general positive vibes for everyone.

SOTD has been Rogue Perfumery Flora and Fauna. Quite lovely throughout the wearing, with plenty of changes throughout - all good, to my nose.

I'm off to my first in-person (though this will be outdoors and masked, too, I believe) Zumba class in well over a year. Looking forward to it!

Flora & Fauna fragrance notes: Bergamot, Labdamun, Dried apricot, Moss, Amber, Rose & jasmine notes, Civet, Orris, Soft leather.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson