Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Thursday, 13th May, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Thursday, 13th May, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Wednesday, 12th May, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Wednesday, 12th May, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Green by Byredo

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday, 13th May, 2021

Othoniel Rosa by Diptyque

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

13th day of Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

hello all,
    vtg.

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Narciso EDP for a long shift today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good morning all.

Rive Gauche on this wet, cloudy morning.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Mauboussin by Mauboussin

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Shades

Wet and grey here too but no complaints. Off work until Monday and the garden needs a good watering so we will just chill out and let mother nature do her stuff. Will be raising a glass later in a belated celebration for International Nurses Day (especially our very own opthalmic nurse here on BN ).

Amouage - Beach Hut.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Thursday, 13th May, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Pasha Parfum by Cartier

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Welcome back, Shannon!! You’ve been missed. Count me in among the hawthorn lovers. L’Eau d’Hiver is one of my favorite scents with a hawthorn note.

Gallivant Istanbul today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Ô de Lancôme by Lancôme

Yes, belated wishes on Nurses' Day!

I wore Citrus Noir by Molinard in the morning, then at noon I showered and changed into L'Instant de Guerlain EDT. Both are slowly growing on me.

Basenotes Plus

Hi (((Shannon)))! Wow, it's been years (I had my own BN hiatus). I've missed you and have thought of you often. So good to hear from you.

More vintage today but changing it up from the green chypres in the warm aldehydic hug that is L'Interdit.

One of my coworkers has gotten interested in perfume during the pandemic and told me she is sampling L'Interdit today but doesn't care for the tuberose in it. I was so confused (L'I doesn't have tuberose!) so I went to Google and learned that it was not just reformulated but completely recreated in 2018 and what is now called L'Interdit bears no resemblance to the original.

K, isn't it interesting how our taste develops? So cool that you like Le Parfum de Therese now!

jujy, I loved reading your post about going to the baseball game by yourself, enjoying the birds overhead and the long shadows on the field. You have a way with words. It was a beautiful post.

NCAL, sorry to hear it's gotten worse, not better! Hang in there, it will be better soon.

One more thing...I would love to come to a BN meetup!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Escada PH.

Good morning everyone.

ELDO I am Trash today, from a sample - a floral day.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Good morning everyone.

ELDO I am Trash today, from a sample - a floral day.
    I don't typically like florals, but I love that one!

I decided to randomly grab one of my fifteen Sixteen92 frags today, and it turned out to be one that is not in the Basenotes database, Mind Over Matter. It's a softer skin-scent type...milky vanilla with hints of black tea, light musk and a touch of smoke.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Hello everyone I just got up to get ready for my last nightshift. But before that I have a table reservation at a Sushi-restaurant.It'a public holiday today, so all the shops are closed. Sotd for a grey day is Diorissimo.

Hello, everyone, and all the best to our BN nurses for a belated Nurses' Day.

Depending on my employment situation (and theoretically some disposable income again), I would be up for a Chicago BN meet-up in the fall *and* Seattle the following Spring. But both depend on my getting another job soon! Guess I'll use the meet-up possibilities as an even greater job-hunt incentive (and I'm already pretty darn incentivized).

K and Erin, now I need to go back and re-try Parfum de Therese, too, since I didn't care for it when I first tried it ages ago.

SOTD is Penhaligon's Quercus, which I haven't worn in an extremely long time and always associated with ivy (in my head), only to discover that it's quite pleasant, but nowhere near as green and waxy as I remember. Time to dig out my Ivy Splash!

Have a thrilling Thursday, all!

Quercus fragrance notes: Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Bergamot, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Cardamom, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Galbanum, Musk, Amber.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

The power of bleu

I’m wearing SL Fleurs de Citronnier today.

Thank you for all the kind welcome back messages. This is part of what makes Basenotes so great.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Common Lackey

Another almost ridiculously perfect spring day here: 70F/20C with pollen-free post-rain crisp air, greenery and birds abounding.

Fleurs de Sel (2007) by Lyn Harris for Miller Harris

A trip in a bottle to a cool, rocky coastal beach that hasn't yet warmed up.
    This scent always makes me think of Ebenas.

And yes, hurrah for nurses! So many great ones were the only thing that made my month-long hospital stay endurable last year. One in particular: after days and days of the horrid, grey, flaccid, tasteless hospital food, this nurse brought me a beautiful fresh orange, neatly sliced into eight wedges, and said "I always bring one for my lunch, but today you can have it." That sweet, juicy orange was the most heavenly thing I could imagine eating at the time. And that very same nurse was the one who had to clean me up after that delicious orange gave me diarrhea.

Shades, so glad to see you! You were missed.

I'm wearing Woman in Gold today, feeling a tiny bit richer because after 14 months and, I am assuming, quite a lot of pressure from foreign governments, Air Canada has refunded fares for people affected by the flight disruptions in spring 2020. I get back $488. It's about time. What lousy public relations. Even after this refund, I'll do my best not to fly Air Canada ever again.

K, I've tried Rolling in Love and it was a big fat no for me. I think the almond put me off, it's a hard note for me to wear.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Blog Entries

Cheers, Jon!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: V.O. by Jean Marc Sinan

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Jo Malone Tuberose Angelica. I'm officially on a Jo Malone spree!
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Between two pine trees

Another meet-up or two is sounding better and better! I love the (potential) attendee list so far!

Erin and ComDiva, I *love* the experience of tastes evolving -- I find change and growth enlivening and exciting. I'm still meh on aldehydes, but if they're deftly used (i.e., used almost "invisibly" to lift heavy parts of a fragrance), I'm OK with them. I think that's why I find myself loving Sycomore EDP; there was a light hand on the aldehydes.

This morning, I had a bit of headache when I woke up, and my application of Le Parfum de Thérèse (Day 2) made it worse, thanks to the aldehydes. It definitely smelled more metallic. But the I took some medicine for it, and *poof* -- no more metallic note, and I'm back to enjoying it.

I should have read the note list for Rolling In Love, foxbins! I know almond is not one of your favorite notes. It isn't mine, either, but I love it in Antico Caruso, and I'll admit I'm fascinated by the concept of skanky almond.

I actually have an afternoon free from conference calls, so I'm going to take advantage of it and get some work done that has been hanging over my head.

Still dreaming of retirement.

Blog Entries

Samsara for bedtime.

Basenotes Institution

Tobacco Vanille

Performing the BN salute

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    And yes, hurrah for nurses! So many great ones were the only thing that made my month-long hospital stay endurable last year. One in particular: after days and days of the horrid, grey, flaccid, tasteless hospital food, this nurse brought me a beautiful fresh orange, neatly sliced into eight wedges, and said "I always bring one for my lunch, but today you can have it." That sweet, juicy orange was the most heavenly thing I could imagine eating at the time. And that very same nurse was the one who had to clean me up after that delicious orange gave me diarrhea.
    (((Cook.bot)))
    Two nurses stand out in my memory from my dreadful December -- the man who cared for and entertained me while I awaited emergency surgery, and Susie, who was named after her great grandmother, a slave who was given the name of her mistress.
    To Shades and teardrop and all the sensitive, attentive, hard-working nurses: Thank you for what you have done for others. I never said thank you more in my life than last December.

ComDiva, I hope you find the right job, a perfect match.

VIP Room today.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

Basenotes Plus

Vacation is over - first day back to work today in a cloud of:

Lamplight Penance by Chatillon Lux

Staggeringly strong apricot/leather...and so affordable. The only thing wrong with this one is Giancarlo despises it...so I have to wear it when I know he's not around.

((Yay - so glad shadesofbleu came back to pay us a visit!!!))
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff