Code of Conduct

Default How does Mona Di Orio Vanille compare to...

... The other big vanilla names?
    I generally enjoy vanillas (especially the spicy ones, not the gourmand), but I am never enough in love to buy FB.

In your opinion, how does Vanille by Mona di Orio compare to Eau Duelle (edt or edp), The Architect Club by Arquiste, D600 or Memoirs of a Trespasser?
    All of them I like, Eau Duelle EDP being my favourite.

Does it offer something different? Is it very similar ?

Thanks for the input

If you have other great vanilla suggestions that offers something bit new/different, shoot away

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Default Re: How does Mona Di Orio Vanille compare to...

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFedec View Post
    In your opinion, how does Vanille by Mona di Orio compare to Eau Duelle (edt or edp)
    I own both and I find it spicier.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

... The other big vanilla names?
    I generally enjoy vanillas (especially the spicy ones, not the gourmand), but I am never enough in love to buy FB.

In your opinion, how does Vanille by Mona di Orio compare to Eau Duelle (edt or edp), The Architect Club by Arquiste, D600 or Memoirs of a Trespasser?
    All of them I like, Eau Duelle EDP being my favourite.

Does it offer something different? Is it very similar ?

Thanks for the input

If you have other great vanilla suggestions that offers something bit new/different, shoot away
    I enjoy Eau Duelle EDT myself and would be interested in any comparisons to Mona di Orio.

As far as vanilla suggestions, have you tried Tihota by Indult? It's probably the most photorealistic vanilla I've tried. Might get boring for some, as it's a linear musky vanilla. But it's such high quality that I get quite the enjoyment from its simplistic design.
    Top 5 Current Obsessions
    1. Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    2. Marc-Antoine Barrois B683 Extrait
    3. Mugler Over the Musk
    4. Zadig & Voltaire This is Him!
    5. Tiziana Terenzi Ursa

Basenotes Institution

Own and enjoy MOAT and Mona di Orio Vanille. Both have their individual greatness. Would not redundant to own both.

Mona di Orio Vanille, Eau Duelle, and D600 are all different scents to my nose.

Mona di Orio Vanille is boozy and does not have the traditional vanilla accord. Eau Duelle is both earthy and spicy, most vanilla of the three. D600 is very spicy, heavily influenced by cardamon.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I own both and I find it spicier.
    Well this is good I like spicy vanilla much more than smooth and or gourmands

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    I enjoy Eau Duelle EDT myself and would be interested in any comparisons to Mona di Orio.

As far as vanilla suggestions, have you tried Tihota by Indult? It's probably the most photorealistic vanilla I've tried. Might get boring for some, as it's a linear musky vanilla. But it's such high quality that I get quite the enjoyment from its simplistic design.
    It is on my sampling list. I actually was considering to get the sample of it instead of Mona di Orio but 2ml cost 10 euros and no ways to try in store here!

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Own and enjoy MOAT and Mona di Orio Vanille. Both have their individual greatness. Would not redundant to own both.
    Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Mona di Orio Vanille, Eau Duelle, and D600 are all different scents to my nose.

Mona di Orio Vanille is boozy and does not have the traditional vanilla accord. Eau Duelle is both earthy and spicy, most vanilla of the three. D600 is very spicy, heavily influenced by cardamon.
    Boozy vanilla in what way, could you compare it with another known one? Similar as Initio Side Effect?

The one big name you left out is Guerlain SDV

Boozy vanilla and the best vanilla out there
    Olfactory perception is the only sensory faculty that can be completely penetrated by cognition.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaLeon View Post
    The one big name you left out is Guerlain SDV

Boozy vanilla and the best vanilla out there
    Yes indeed, did not mention that one because I have not much experience with it to compare But it is a good vanilla scent (not my fave though)

What makes the Mona di Orio different for me is a kind of vegetal sappy note that prevents the vanilla from going into gourmand territory. If you prefer dry and woody over sweet, I think you'll like it.

I am more and more intrigued now
    Will soon order a sample (along others) and keep you posted on how it perform compare to the others mentionned

Boozy vanilla in what way, could you compare it with another known one? Similar as Initio Side Effect?
    The rum plays a prominent role in Vanille, same could be said with a few of the other notes. The vanilla never dominates but you could detect its presence in the scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35