Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Bleu De Chanel

  1. #1

    Default Bleu De Chanel

    I wanted to ask, please. Is the difference between the Blue De Chanel -EDT and the EDP and the Parfume very slight? Are the three very similar, especially the EDP and the Parfum?
    I purchased some nice samples of 10 ml each and it seems like the EDP and the perfume are identical. I actually asked if the seller could have mixed them up.
    I appreciate any clarification.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    To me they're all similar in scent. It really comes down to how potent you want BDC to be for you.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

    Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

    Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    344,574

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by new but older View Post
    I wanted to ask, please. Is the difference between the Blue De Chanel -EDT and the EDP and the Parfume very slight?
    IMO - Yes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / Île de chypre
    Posts
    15,019

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by new but older View Post
    I wanted to ask, please. Is the difference between the Blue De Chanel -EDT and the EDP and the Parfume very slight? Are the three very similar, especially the EDP and the Parfum?
    I purchased some nice samples of 10 ml each and it seems like the EDP and the perfume are identical. I actually asked if the seller could have mixed them up.
    I appreciate any clarification.
    I would say there is a difference and it is noticeable. If you wear both regularly, you will begin to see some of the differences.

    Personally I find the Parfum the woodiest of the bunch, whereas the other two focus on the citrus freshness. The EdT being the freshest of the bunch, but yet rather 'screechy'. The EdP being the easiest to wear. All in all though and as others have said, they all share the same DNA.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    25,197
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    I think the EDT is the most distinct of the trio, with the strength of the EDP and parfum making those two seem very similar to each other. With more experience at fragrance, the EDP and parfum are easily distinguished.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

  6. #6
    The Scented Devil
    Varanis Ridari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue WA
    Posts
    12,786
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    EdT: fresher
    EdP: sweeter
    Parfum: woodier
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil
    Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Formerly Zealot Crusader

  7. #7

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    Thanks for the feedback.
    The problem is, buying samples from various sellers on eBay. In the back of my mind, I always ask myself, is this sample authentic?
    I have carded vials of all three, the EDT, the EDP, and the perfume.
    I like all three and I can tell the differences with the carded samples.
    So I purchased 10 ml samples from different sellers on eBay.
    They are reputable sellers with good feedback.
    The 10 ml samples I purchased are not the same as the carded samples, especially the Parfum.
    In my conclusion, I would say that the 10 ml sample of the Parfum is not authentic. It is off.
    Thanks for the replies.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    47,260

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    To me they're all similar in scent. It really comes down to how potent you want BDC to be for you.
    This. The only difference I smell is the maturity of each one. The order of maturity is EDT, EDP and then Parfum.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    To my nose alone and therefor subjectively, always perceived the EDP and the Parfum as indistinguishably similar regrading both scent and their performance.
    While the EDT slightly lighter not just as performance but also as actual scent.

  10. #10
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    25,197
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by new but older View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    The problem is, buying samples from various sellers on eBay. In the back of my mind, I always ask myself, is this sample authentic?
    I have carded vials of all three, the EDT, the EDP, and the perfume.
    I like all three and I can tell the differences with the carded samples.
    So I purchased 10 ml samples from different sellers on eBay.
    They are reputable sellers with good feedback.
    The 10 ml samples I purchased are not the same as the carded samples, especially the Parfum.
    In my conclusion, I would say that the 10 ml sample of the Parfum is not authentic. It is off.
    Thanks for the replies.
    I think you may be right. Selling EDP as Parfum could be profitable and hard to spot.

    Samples will often smell different from decants and bottles, for numerous reasons. I would recommend doing a study on paper - 4 identical marked pieces, soaked at one tip as identically as possible with the two EDP samples and two Parfum samples. Follow them all carefully for a day or two. Keep an open mind, looking for the Parfum's woodiness and the EDP's coolness. I believe this test will be definitive.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

  11. #11

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I think you may be right. Selling EDP as Parfum could be profitable and hard to spot.

    Samples will often smell different from decants and bottles, for numerous reasons. I would recommend doing a study on paper - 4 identical marked pieces, soaked at one tip as identically as possible with the two EDP samples and two Parfum samples. Follow them all carefully for a day or two. Keep an open mind, looking for the Parfum's woodiness and the EDP's coolness. I believe this test will be definitive.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I did what you said and it gave me a clear understanding. I went to Macy's to get some good samples on paper too.
    Something is not right with my one 10 ml parfum sample, it is clearly off.

    I am just trying to pick one that I like best to purchase a full bottle and this threw me a curveball. lol.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Bleu De Chanel

    I appreciate all the replies and suggestions from everyone. Once again this is a learning experience for me. It is very interesting.




Similar Threads

  1. Swap 70ml Prada L'Homme EDT for 33ml of Chanel Bleu de Chanel EDP?
    By Sloth in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th February 2020, 02:21 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 25th December 2016, 03:06 PM
  3. Bleu De Chanel vs Mix of Bleu and Chanel No.5 Premiere
    By Noodlz in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th April 2013, 11:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000