Code of Conduct

Default Best ingredients for roller bottles?

Can anyone give a short-cut recommendation for fragrances in roller bottles?

We have ready fragrances that we want in samples in rollers. Can't do only alcohol as the bottles will gradually leak so need to thicken the consistency somewhat. DPG mixed with alcohol kills the projection completely and the fragrances fall flat. Caprate is hideously expensive and therefore not an option.

Anything else we can use that prevents leakage yet maintains great projection and the the scent's normal longevity? DPM (but its for reed diffusers)?

Default Re: Best ingredients for roller bottles?

You kinda have your question backwards. A fragrance will behave differently in different carriers. Instead of looking for some "Carrier X" where your scent "maintains projection and longevity", you need to reformulate your scent from scratch so that it produces the desired projection and longevity when diluted with Carrier X.

If your fragrance was intended for an alcohol-based spray and you're just putting it into DPG or FCO or whatnot instead, then yes, it's going to come out completely differently. You need to pick a carrier, then go back to the drawing board and make a fragrance that's intended for that carrier in the first place.

Basenotes Plus

A present client wants the same scent for both alcoholic spray products and Rollerball products. They are two different formulas for the perfume concentrate.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by ourmess View Post
    You kinda have your question backwards. A fragrance will behave differently in different carriers. Instead of looking for some "Carrier X" where your scent "maintains projection and longevity", you need to reformulate your scent from scratch so that it produces the desired projection and longevity when diluted with Carrier X.
    You're misunderstanding the question. I am not asking about a carrier that will increase projection. I am asking for one that doesn't make the normal projection fall flat. It's an alcohol based fragrance put into a rollers and try to stop it from leaking.

Buyers are constantly transferring spray perfumes to roller bottles for purses... I'm just trying to reduce the leakage.

Quote Originally Posted by grassed View Post
    You're misunderstanding the question. I am not asking about a carrier that will increase projection. I am asking for one that doesn't make the normal projection fall flat. It's an alcohol based fragrance put into a rollers and try to stop it from leaking.
    I answered your question & solved your problem for you a couple weeks ago in your other post about this same issue....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Buyers are constantly transferring spray perfumes to roller bottles for purses... I'm just trying to reduce the leakage.
    Tell your customers not to place alcoholic perfumes meant to be sprayed, into roll-on dispensers again, but only use spraying dispensers.
    Spray is formulated for a spraying action, and substrate. Roll-on dispensers require a different base / substrate, which requires a wholly different perfume formulation to accommodate the different substrate.

This statement should conclude this conversation.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Again, it's falling flat because it's formulated for alcohol and you're not putting it in alcohol. If it was built for an alcohol spray then it just will fall flat when you put it into a different carrier. It's not a matter of "which carrier won't cause this problem", because any carrier other than alcohol will cause that problem.

Step 1 is decide what carrier you're going to use first, then step 2 is go back and reformulate the fragrance for that intended carrier.