Code of Conduct

Default Forgot how much I love Tribute Attar!

After discovering the big Oud and Musk guys like RA, Ensar, Taha ..working with some of the finest ingredients in the world, Iíve neglected most of my previous collection (Creeds, Amouage, Frederic Malle etc.). I most likely will not be using most of them (still think Amouage is the best ďname brand/storeĒ house) But tonight I was inspired to dip into my bottle of Amouage Tribute Attar. I was hoping my nose didnít turn down to it after experiencing the works of Russian Adam, Ensar and Taha. I was pleasantly reassured that I still love Tribute Attar.

There is a very unique, distinct, underlying glassyness that accompanies the smoky, earthy, spicy, woodsy, florals that gives the composition a glossy smoothness that holds it all together like a magic glue. Maybe itís a synthetic material? Not sure but Itís powerful, smooth, interesting and distinct. What a great Attar. It makes me appreciate ALDís Ottoman Empire even more as I can clearly see the inspiration from Tribute, but created into a slightly different interpretation. So close yet so far apart at the same time.

Just thought Iíd share.

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Forgot how much I love Tribute Attar!

Tribute Attar is one of the best things I've sampled - Red Box, Black Box - one was better than the other, I can't remember which.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Tribute Attar is one of the best things I've sampled - Red Box, Black Box - one was better than the other, I can't remember which.
    Yeah I hear the white box stuff is the best but haven’t had the pleasure, I haven’t tried the black box either (newest?) but the red box I picked up last year smells just like my 2013 sample from Luckyscent. I have about 8ml of Homage too. Very good stuff but Tribute scratches that itch for me so I don’t use the Homage.

I love it too. I think the earliest one (white) was smokier, hence even more interesting. But I'm very happy of my red box.
    cacio

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

This is a favorite of my grandson.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.