Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Weekend Perfume Sync June through June

Hi!

I was wondering if people would like to do a themed sync with me? I had a bunch of categories I thought would be fun to wear, in order to help me wear through my collection, and I bet you have a lot of these too! I was thinking of doing a weekend sync, either one day or both, depending on what works for you. I'm finding that I keep forgetting the Friday sync, just because I have a lot of school and work going on, but the weekend is a time when I can relax and peruse things online and in my wardrobe quite a bit more. I will admit that my ideas are Northern-hemisphere oriented.

Hope you join!

June: It's Summer, Right?

June 5 & 6: Suntan Classics
    June 12 & 13: By The Pool
    June 19 & 20: Has SUN in The Name
    June 26 & 27 Let's Get French About It: Has Soleil In The Name

July: Red, White & Blue/ Bleue, Blanc et Rouge

July 3 & 4: A Very American Perfume
    July 10 & 11: A Very French Perfume
    BONUS:July 14: Bastille Day!
    July 17 & 18: Red (Bottle, Name, Packaging, Ad, or Perfume Note Ingredients)
    July 24 & 25: White (Bottle, Name, Packaging, Ad, or Perfume Note Ingredients)
    July 31 & August 1: Blue (Bottle, Name, Packaging, Ad, or Perfume Note Ingredients)

August: Summer!

August 7 & 8: Suntan Lotion
    August 14 & 15: The Beach
    August 21 & 22: Picnictime
    August 28 & 29: Your Perfect Vacation

September: Autumn

September: 4 & 5: Labor Day Weekend
    September 11 & 12: Back to School
    September 18 & 19: Falling Leaves
    September 25 & 26: Chilly Nights

October: The Thinning of the Veil... aka Falloween!

October 2 & 3: Pumpkin Spice Everything!
    October 9 & 10: Dead Leaves & Incense
    October 16 & 17: Graveyards
    October 23 & 24: Things That Go Bump in The Night
    October 30 & 31: Offerings to the Dead or Trick or Treat!

November: The World Turns In On Itself

November 6 & 7: Smoke & Bonfires
    November 13 & 15: Woolly Warm Things
    November 20 & 21: Gray Skies, Ice, Sleet, Snow
    November 27 & 28: Thanksgiving Feasts, Hanukkah Lights

December: Merry & Bright

December 4 & 5: Christmas Trees!
    December 11 & 12: The Holiday 15: Fudge, Cookies & Candy Canes
    December 18 & 19: Winter Solstice: Keep The Lights Burning
    December 25 & 26: Oh Holy Night: As The Spirit Moves You

January: Bombastic White Florals :
    I've found that white florals smell wonderful in January, just when I need a floral perfume pick-me up. The cold weather keeps them from being overwhelming or suffocating.

January 1 & 2: Tuberose
    January 8 & 9: True Gardenia (none of that tuberose stuff!)
    January 15 & 16: Lily & Jasmine
    January 22 & 23 The Entire Bouquet
    January 29 & 30: Abandoned Resolutions

February: Love Means Roses, Right?!?!

February 5 & 6: Rose & Incense
    February 12 & 13: Rose & Patchouli
    Bonus: February 14: True Rose
    February 19 & 20: Rose & Chocolate
    February 26 & 27: One Dozen Long Stems

March: The Return of Green

March 5 & 6: Spring Break (Let's Get Crazy)
    March 12 & 13: The Ice Thaws
    March 17: Wear Your Best Green!
    March 19 & 20: Delicate Florals
    March 26 & 27: Deep Chypres

April

April Fools's Bonus on April 1st: Your Weirdest Perfume
    April 2 & 3: Aaaachoo! It's the Pollen, I Swear
    April 9 & 10: April Showers!
    April 16 & 17: Wanna Go on a Hike?
    April 23 & 24: Spring Bouquet
    April 30 & May 1: Muguet (Lily of the Valley)

May

May 7 & 8: Senioritis
    May 14 & 15: Prom Night
    May 21 & 22: School's Out!
    May 28 & 29: I Think I Need A Job
    Making room for a baby, selling perfume here!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Weekend Perfume Sync June through June

I may drop in and do some of these! I've got the right frags for a lot of them.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Common Lackey

You have some great ideas for themes! I could see myself joining in on several of these. Weekends tend to be quiet times around BN, so it could be nice to have a reason to drop in for a sync.

Is there any particular reason you posted this in the Female Forum rather than the General?

Some of these could work for myself. The two days of syncing in addition to Friday might be a bit much for some. We used to have a Theme week thread that lasted 1.5 years but it was a bit overwhelming.

You may want to add it to your signature and request for the thread to be stickied. Perhaps share this on the SOTD threads.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

A fun idea, SmokeAndSky!

I will probably not follow it religiously, but I will drop in, too!
    I usually like to wear either just what I want on weekends or something that I think won't bother my boyfriend, family and friends too much, or if I'm traveling (oh, I wish I'll be able to travel at least a bit this year!) then I'm down to whatever I'm taking with me, but it will be fun to see where these things can align with your synch

Also I chuckled when reading this:

June 19 & 20: Has SUN in The Name
    June 26 & 27 Let's Get French About It: Has Soleil In The Name
    I was all "ah, okay, I have Dali's Le roy soleil and Orchid Soleil, they HAVE "sun" in the name!"
    ...Oh, but that's another synch! D:

I read through all the synch themes more carefully and they're really witty and well thought out! Great themes, good job on them!

I probably will not follow the floral and green themes *too* strictly (but I can try! some of my favourites *do* have some rose or white florals in them among other things) and all I'll want to wear during summer will probably be citruses so we'll see what I can squeeze in, but I cannot wait for September, October, November and December synchs - I'm sure they'll just come to me naturally!

As I'm also in Northern hemisphere and I have very distinct four seasons where I live, your synch will give me a lot of ideas, I'm sure

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

This does sound like fun--coming from someone who can't even stick with the Friday sync so take me with a grain of salt. I'm sure I will enjoy watching and following along but I suspect I will sync only occasionally.
    Aaaaand, this isn't funny anymore.

So far might join the June and July syncs based on what is already available in the current wardrobe, with little or no additions to the current lineup
    Currently wearing: Romeo Gigli by Romeo Gigli

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    You have some great ideas for themes! I could see myself joining in on several of these. Weekends tend to be quiet times around BN, so it could be nice to have a reason to drop in for a sync.

Is there any particular reason you posted this in the Female Forum rather than the General?
    Thanks Cook.bot! Probably posted here because it's the forum I peruse the most, and I like the vibe. I'm also a female, I don't know if that accounts for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Some of these could work for myself. The two days of syncing in addition to Friday might be a bit much for some. We used to have a Theme week thread that lasted 1.5 years but it was a bit overwhelming.

You may want to add it to your signature and request for the thread to be stickied. Perhaps share this on the SOTD threads.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Do you mind me asking how to request that it be stickied?
    I just thought it could be fun for people who have more time on the weekend, or who might like another rotation option. The Friday sync has been fun for me to think through my collection, thanks!

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndSky View Post
    Thanks Cook.bot! Probably posted here because it's the forum I peruse the most, and I like the vibe. I'm also a female, I don't know if that accounts for anything.
    No reason you shouldn't post it here, but I was just thinking that it would get lots more traffic from the gents if it was in the General Forum.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

No reason you shouldn't post it here, but I was just thinking that it would get lots more traffic from the gents if it was in the General Forum.
    I sympathize, but I'm thinking that keeping what are clearly femme-leaning topics here will have a real chance of reviving this board, vs. an unrealistic hope to get the bois-bros to take part.

Stated differently, probably more traffic to see it on General, but not sure about more takers. Would be nice, but I have some doubts. All the right guys will surely find them here on the Femme board.

Four types of rose but not four types of wood or four types of leather tells me this is the right board.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Four types of rose but not four types of wood or four types of leather tells me this is the right board.
    Good point.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Cool idea for a thread!

I might participate in a few. I like the idea of these two -

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndSky View Post
    October 16 & 17: Graveyards

November 20 & 21: Gray Skies, Ice, Sleet, Snow

I thought of two more potential ideas -

July - What would I wear to a Q***n rally?

December - What would I wear to your favourite S&M club?
    July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

I sympathize, but I'm thinking that keeping what are clearly femme-leaning topics here will have a real chance of reviving this board, vs. an unrealistic hope to get the bois-bros to take part.
    Has worked, please see above.
    July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post

July - What would you wear to a Q***n rally?
    Hmmm. What goes with a horned helmet, painted face, and animal skin loincloth?

December - What would you wear to your favourite S&M club?
    Okay, this one has me stumped as to its placement on the calendar. (Even though the obvious answer is Whip by Le Galion.)

Okay, this one has me stumped as to its placement on the calendar. (Even though the obvious answer is Whip by Le Galion.)
    Easier to wear leather (and in general "dress up") in the cold .....

I'm assuming you've tried Whip, if so how do you like it? I'm planning on a bottle, it has a really nice fresh oakmoss-laden dry down, a very nice dry chypre structure. Special for Gentleman has a few dedicated fans around here, but it never clicked with me. However, Whip was amazing. I would have ideally wanted to get a small decant / split, but might just go for a bottle as it's hard to find a decant of it.
    July Rotation

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Common Lackey

Easier to wear leather (and in general "dress up") in the cold .....
    But you'd have to leave your bare-ass chaps at home.

I'm assuming you've tried Whip, if so how do you like it? I'm planning on a bottle, it has a really nice fresh oakmoss-laden dry down, a very nice dry chypre structure.
    Haven't tried the revamped version, but would like to. I got a sample of the vintage once in a swap and I loved it.

Special for Gentleman has a few dedicated fans around here, but it never clicked with me. However, Whip was amazing. I would have ideally wanted to get a small decant / split, but might just go for a bottle as it's hard to find a decant of it.
    Tell me if you find a source for Special. I've wanted to try it too, after Mouchoir de Monsieur ranted so fervently about it.

Oh, yes another sync! I do like to have a plan.
    Thanks for posting SmokeAndSky.
    Seeing as I tend to stretch my Friday syncing well beyond the day, I imagine I might end up joining some of these as the weekend ends and the new week begins.
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: White Satin by Angelique

Hmmm. What goes with a horned helmet, painted face, and animal skin loincloth?
    Musk, lots of musk.
    ”I want all the perfumes”
    Currently wearing: White Satin by Angelique

Ha, I like this idea, and I'm much less busy on the weekends than I am on Fridays, so there's an actual chance I might stick to this sync for a change!

As a non American I will have to get creative for some of these though: I have no idea what Labor Day weekend smells like.

As for the S&M club, Marquis de Sade, I should think

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by yellowtone View Post
    As a non American I will have to get creative for some of these though: I have no idea what Labor Day weekend smells like.
    Suntan lotion, beer, and barbeque.

Some of these look fun; will join in as and when. My Wardrobe is more suited to the autumn weekends.
    Summer is here : greens, vetiver, aromatics. Daily drivers : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT; Guerlain Vetiver, Etro Palais Jamais. Aramis Tuscany; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; CDG Zagorsk; Caron Yatagan; Puig Quorum; Hermes Equipage Geranium.
    Sampling : Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire, Corsica Furiosa; Anatole Lebreton L'Eau de Merzhin; Chanel No19 Poudre; Knize Sec
    Currently wearing: Ambra by Etro

Suntan lotion, beer, and barbeque.
    Haha, yeah, this I can work with! I recently had a nasty experience with a hand sanitiser that smelled like beer (disgusting, my hands reeked like a seedy bar for hours), so I'll probably go the bbq route.

Stated differently, probably more traffic to see it on General, but not sure about more takers. Would be nice, but I have some doubts. All the right guys will surely find them here on the Femme board.

Well put my friend, well put!

Haha, yeah, this I can work with! I recently had a nasty experience with a hand sanitiser that smelled like beer (disgusting, my hands reeked like a seedy bar for hours), so I'll probably go the bbq route.
    Laughing
    What have you got for BBQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    So far might join the June and July syncs based on what is already available in the current wardrobe, with little or no additions to the current lineup
    Lovely, I can't wait to see what you wear!

Cool idea for a thread!

I might participate in a few. I like the idea of these two -

July - What would I wear to a Q***n rally?

December - What would I wear to your favourite S&M club?
    Well, I can't wait to see what you come up with! Of course, you would wear Secretions Magnifiques! Or maybe Complex. But why S&M in December? (I'm not in that crowd, don't know the significance, if any, of that time of year for them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Earlyn View Post
    Oh, yes another sync! I do like to have a plan.
    Thanks for posting SmokeAndSky.
    Seeing as I tend to stretch my Friday syncing well beyond the day, I imagine I might end up joining some of these as the weekend ends and the new week begins.
    Sounds good to me! I was finding that I would miss Friday, and think about it and have time on Saturdays and some Sundays too.

Ha, I like this idea, and I'm much less busy on the weekends than I am on Fridays, so there's an actual chance I might stick to this sync for a change!

As for the S&M club, Marquis de Sade, I should think
    You know, what I really love about the Friday Sync, is how creative people get. For me, Labor Day weekend is always colder, so for me, it would be a bit of sunshine, but more like falling leaves and maybe a last picnic. Watermelon, strawberries, sunshine, grass, and nostalgia.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast