Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default A Lounge for us "Under Sprayers"

Tell me how little you wore today.

I did a single spray of En Passant to the chest. An interesting quality to this already light perfume is that I find when I overspray, I stop smelling it a lot quicker. But one shot and I notice wafts throughout the day.
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."
    -John Cage

Basenotes Institution Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Default Re: A Lounge for us "Under Sprayers"

Ohhhh boy! Lol....I wonder if anyone will show you up, saying they sprayed a quarter of a pump!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Ohhhh boy! Lol....I wonder if anyone will show you up, saying they sprayed a quarter of a pump!
    How about ZERO sprays?

I used Bath & Body Works Whitewater Rush Hair and Body Wash in the shower on Wednesday afternoon, and tonight in a hot tub, over 24 hours later, I could smell it beautifully! It has a ton of ambrox in a GIT-ish base.

It was so good, I'm going to actually spray the fragrance tonight! But I did shower with it again a couple of hours ago.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    LOL, I'm waiting for someone to wear a molecule of Molecule 1.
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."
    -John Cage

Nice one, the longest lasting soap/bodwash experience I had was Byredo's "Sunday Cologne" soap. Similarly full of tenacious aroma chemicals, I could smell this on my skin for a good few hours after the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    How about ZERO sprays?

I used Bath & Body Works Whitewater Rush Hair and Body Wash in the shower on Wednesday afternoon, and tonight in a hot tub, over 24 hours later, I could smell it beautifully! It has a ton of ambrox in a GIT-ish base.

It was so good, I'm going to actually spray the fragrance tonight! But I did shower with it again a couple of hours ago.
    -John Cage

I only spray three sprays max of anything. Applied on the same spot to the chest, that is plenty for my personal scent bubble. I do not want projection past that. Many times just one spray is enough. This is not a culture where you wear fragrances for compliments - "smelling" is by and large frowned upon in almost any social context.
    Last edited by motorcade; 21st May 2021 at 07:05 PM.
    Spray less, love more.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post
    Nice one, the longest lasting soap/bodwash experience I had was Byredo's "Sunday Cologne" soap. Similarly full of tenacious aroma chemicals, I could smell this on my skin for a good few hours after the shower.
    Shower gels and shampoos are an excellent way to "go light"!

In any case, I just did 2 half-sprays of Whitewater Rush now. Need to stay light for the Friday Sync, which is "old school" stuff (theme = "Golden Age of Hollywood") this week.

Finally, after 11 years on Basenotes...I have found my people.

ONE SPRAY. THE END.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by motorcade View Post
    I only spray three sprays max of anything. that is plenty for my personal scent bubble. I do not want projection past that.
    Same for me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

How about ZERO sprays?

I tried Whitewater Rush for the first time during SAS last winter. It reminded me of Freshwater and Ocean.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I tried Whitewater Rush for the first time during SAS last winter. It reminded me of Freshwater and Ocean.
    Yes, they definitely borrowed a bit from Ocean - which they did for Atlantic, too. I've only recently enjoyed Ocean, which is a lot more enjoyable for me to wear than it is to sniff on paper. But Whitewater Rush was an easy love for me, from the moment I sniffed it.

I have a body spray for Freshwater - not sure I want to go for the cologne. I like some of the newer ones much more!

Performing the BN salute

Blog Entries

I usually spray just the tops of my wrists. It's like keeping a snack in one's pocket and being able to seek it out when wanting the experience.

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

Zero sprays.
    When I last wore something two days ago I used one spray of LIDGE (which is kind of equivalent to three sprays of many other things...).
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Finally! What took so long?

I'm not sure I qualify today. Three sprays from a decant of Creed - BdP. Maybe that's 1,5 - 2 sprays from a bottle. Is that fine?

Basenotes Plus

Sometimes... One to three sprays is all that is needed.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    Zero sprays.
    When I last wore something two days ago I used one spray of LIDGE (which is kind of equivalent to three sprays of many other things...).
    There you go!

Coasting on a quality base gets some respect, finally!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    Finally! What took so long?

I'm not sure I qualify today. Three sprays from a decant of Creed - BdP. Maybe that's 1,5 - 2 sprays from a bottle. Is that fine?
    Fine with me!

Half-sprays count at the low end.

Seriously, this is where fine metering of scent really does matter. "Sprays" is like "long-distance units". Miles, nautical miles, kilometers - there's a difference!

It also depends on the scent a bit. TdHETF needs a lot of sprays to persist. Three full ones is restrained, IMO.

MD > LA > NYC > Chicago > MSP > NYC > LA > Seattle

My wife's nose is incredibly sensitive, so I typically do one spray, or even try to do partial sprays.

Hahaha! Nice thread. Lately I’m “underspraying” a lot. I pass through low tolerance to fragrances sometimes and right now I passing through one of these times.
    Right now two spays of Guerlain Herba Fresca that is very little when considering it. Will reapply later.
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by LinePlaneVolume View Post
    My wife's nose is incredibly sensitive, so I typically do one spray, or even try to do partial sprays.
    And people thinking it’s a joke when we say 1/4 of a spray.

A3B5D850-5C9D-4871-BF9D-E3169292428F.jpeg
    I don’t understand.It is so vast that surpasses all understanding.Understanding is always limited.But not understanding can have no boundaries.I feel like I'm much more complete when I don't understand.Not understanding,like I say,is a gift.Not understanding,but not as a simple-minded.The good thing is to be intelligent and not understand.It's a strange blessing, like having craziness without being crazy.It is a meek disinterest,it is a stupid sweetness.

Yes, they definitely borrowed a bit from Ocean - which they did for Atlantic, too. I've only recently enjoyed Ocean, which is a lot more enjoyable for me to wear than it is to sniff on paper. But Whitewater Rush was an easy love for me, from the moment I sniffed it.

I have a body spray for Freshwater - not sure I want to go for the cologne. I like some of the newer ones much more!
    Ocean is my favorite by far for the fresh scents. I also enjoyed Suede, have you tried that one? It came out again at SAS along with Paris.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Haha, yea! I used to be a 1 fragrance a day kinda guy but since COVID I typically spray on something else at night. But sometimes I'm just enjoying the dry down of my morning fragrance so much I don't want to cover it up with anything else at night.

Likewise, there have been times where my night scent was still giving me some delightful soft vibes in the morning and I didn't want to wash it off. I remember this in particular with Naomi Goodsir's Bois d'Ascese where half a spray is usually plenty for 24 hours.

There you go!

Coasting on a quality base gets some respect, finally!
    -John Cage

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Ocean is my favorite by far for the fresh scents. I also enjoyed Suede, have you tried that one? It came out again at SAS along with Paris.
    I have Paris, and wear it every once in a while. Not a huge fan - would have probably liked a Suede purchase better! I never got that one.

Noir and Bourbon are still my faves, with WWR coming in third. Marble and Graphite are nice, though - I may get the bigger bottles at some point. I tend to overspray the lighter B&BW scents when I get into them!

5 sprays of Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT on Thursday.

Wrong thread you're stinkin' up the place!

(just teasing maybe it's my fault making the thread title so similar)

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    -John Cage

I have Paris, and wear it every once in a while. Not a huge fan - would have probably liked a Suede purchase better! I never got that one.

Noir and Bourbon are still my faves, with WWR coming in third. Marble and Graphite are nice, though - I may get the bigger bottles at some point. I tend to overspray the lighter B&BW scents when I get into them!
    I like Noir but it was very weak. Bourbon I should've given more time with, I switched out. Graphite was nice. I like the Aromatherapy Stress Relief collection.

And none of this require a single spray!

I'm more often than not, a one spray on the lower neck guy. Today it's Terre d'Hermes EdT, one spray of course.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Now I see it! On Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post
    Wrong thread you're stinkin' up the place!

(just teasing maybe it's my fault making the thread title so similar)
    Lol 5-6 is under spraying haha, most people here push so much more in the over sprayer lounge hahahahaha!

Today 5 sprays of Hermes Terre D’Hermes EDT!

One spray of Grey Flannel was perfect for a morning walk and some yard work this afternoon. Even got a compliment from the Mrs. as she came in for a hug.
    Currently wearing: Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast