Code of Conduct

Default Dior homme legit check, please help

I searched the forum but maybe not well enough and I’m sure this has been asked before so sorry for the ignorance. But I recently purchased a Dior homme with batch code 9j03 printed on the box and bottle. Purchased from a outlet mall that had this mixed with a couple newer reformulations. According to the batch code this is a 2019 but I’m not really getting the iris note. From these pictures can you help and let me know if this is authentic. . 3331B623-299B-44DA-B306-ACF110A031C4.jpg20E9383D-F005-4487-9333-AF473AC80F38.jpgE5EDA8F3-2DBC-4F97-89BD-2BC8346B4504.jpgA6020EA3-33D1-4488-8E67-25BB076B94D0.jpg61F157EC-5F8B-4EFB-A5CE-1DCBD3EACFCC.jpg7D37F686-ECAB-4CB1-A502-59A76FA2E227.jpg

Default Re: Dior homme legit check, please help

You get no iris because you purchased the newest ''Dior Homme 2020'' which doesn't feature any iris. The one with iris is now called ''Dior Homme Original'' and has apparently limited distribution. The bottle you have should be legit, you just have another version of the Dior Homme line.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    You get no iris because you purchased the newest ''Dior Homme 2020'' which doesn't feature any iris. The one with iris is now called ''Dior Homme Original'' and has apparently limited distribution. The bottle you have should be legit, you just have another version of the Dior Homme line.
    So even though the batch code says manufactured in 2019, it’s still the new 2020 formulation of Dior homme?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuck8588 View Post
    So even though the batch code says manufactured in 2019, it’s still the new 2020 formulation of Dior homme?
    Yup. I buy a lot of new releases, and batch codes of 1Q and 2Q launches are typically manufactured in 3Q and 4Q of the prior year.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

The bottle definitely looks "new release".

This is an excellent fragrance. Even though I'm a fan of the old formulation, this new one is fantastic, too - just different. It's worth owning. I'm teetering on a buy.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Looks like the new one to me too.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    The bottle definitely looks "new release".

This is an excellent fragrance. Even though I'm a fan of the old formulation, this new one is fantastic, too - just different. It's worth owning. I'm teetering on a buy.
    Yes I agree it’s a nice fragrance but I enjoyed that iris note from the original so I was excited when I thought I found this 2019 batch. I don’t have the original formulation in the collection so thought I found this hidden gem.

Yep you got Dior Homme 2020. A quick and easy way to recognize the original Dior Homme without opening the box is it does not have the bee on it.

Maybe we can coin a new phrase "you got 2020'ed" or "you got Demachied" when something great is replaced by something generic.

"I went to see the the Monet exhibit, but they had replaced it with a KAWS pop up!"

"You got Demachied!"

Or "I ordered the wagyu steak but they brought me a Mcodonald's harmburger!"

"2020'd again!"

*can also be used in situations where someone steals your work, makes it worse, and puts their name on it
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."
    -John Cage

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post
    Yep you got Dior Homme 2020. A quick and easy way to recognize the original Dior Homme without opening the box is it does not have the bee on it.

Maybe we can coin a new phrase "you got 2020'ed" or "you got Demachied" when something great is replaced by something generic.

"I went to see the the Monet exhibit, but they had replaced it with a KAWS pop up!"

"You got Demachied!"

Or "I ordered the wagyu steak but they brought me a Mcodonald's harmburger!"

"2020'd again!"

*can also be used in situations where someone steals your work, makes it worse, and puts their name on it

Yupp they got me, or should I say I got myself. Oh well the hunt shall continue. Anyone figure out how to ship from France yet? Lol

It's the new release of Dior Homme.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Yea, I really wish at the very least they would just make Dior Homme Original available worldwide. At least 2020 isn't an awful fragrance, it's just that it's a mediocre fragrance that replaced a masterpiece. You could make it your dumb reach frag or bathroom spray.

I've gone hunting around fragrance discount shops at outlet malls, and so far at least most of them do have pre 2020 Dior Homme, and when I asked "is it the original not the new version" most places knew what I was looking for. So, maybe you can keep searching around and find a bottle, use the bee on the box trick to make sure you got the right one before opening.

I've got 2 backups now and contemplating a 3rd before they get hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck8588 View Post
    Yupp they got me, or should I say I got myself. Oh well the hunt shall continue. Anyone figure out how to ship from France yet? Lol
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."
    -John Cage

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Would have to agree with Red on this. It's an overlooked release due to the name (and understandably this will cause confusion for many), but it's not one to be missed. It's a really good composition. After Sauvage, Dior had to up their game somehow!

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Feel you on this
    Kinda gleaned from various threads and discussions that the "bee" branded new version is NOT the one I want. I'm sure it's great in it's own way. Lol went on original DH hunt, and am over it now. Bangin fragrance