Code of Conduct

Default C & S Perfecto Fino, powerhouse lovers' ultimate dream!

a power house gem... any fans?

Default Re: C & S Perfecto Fino, powerhouse lovers' ultimate dream!

Hey bibo - funnily enough I've just ordered a sample of this from C&S after your entry in the 'criminally underrated' thread reminded me that I hadn't tried it yet. Thank-you!

What can I expect? I love the (admittedly slightly tacky looking!) packaging as well...!

Gasoline, tobacco, leather vibe! I can't really pinpoint what it is, but it takes a full wearing to make it develop. Solid performer but a multifaceted kind of scent! Was rather disappointed when I bought it on impulse, but glad to have it in my wardrobe now! Sure you will enjoy it!

Yup, I'm a fan. I first got my hands on it not long after it was released. I have a review of it in the usual place.

I rate it quite highly. This sort of fragrance is ground-breaking given when it was released. The quality of ingredients is top notch.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Need to try this one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Great juice, got it the week it came out!!!
    If I were a good man, I'd understand the spaces between friends

Seems like something I might enjoy, I need to give this a try at some point.

Amazing fragrance which I'd not define a powerhouse.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

It has been discussed a lot in this THREAD.

Basenotes Junkie

Great stuff. Quickly became one of my favorites. Smoke, cedar, tobacco, bay rum-type spices. Dry, dry, dry. Great, long evolution from opening to end.

Thank you for the recommendation, added to the list of upcoming test options

Quote Originally Posted by bibo View Post
    Gasoline, tobacco, leather vibe! I can't really pinpoint what it is, but it takes a full wearing to make it develop. Solid performer but a multifaceted kind of scent! Was rather disappointed when I bought it on impulse, but glad to have it in my wardrobe now! Sure you will enjoy it!
    This sounds like it could be right up my alley, any similarities to the 'gasoline king' Fahrenheit?
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by chopwet View Post
    This sounds like it could be right up my alley, any similarities to the 'gasoline king' Fahrenheit?
    No, not really any similarities at all to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    Amazing fragrance which I'd not define a powerhouse.
    Agree. This amazing fragrance just never received the attention it deserves. Only sampled 3 times and loved it. Just didn't want a whole bottle. Tried to get someone to do a split, but couldn't find any takers. I would still be interested in 20ml if some does end up splitting.

Quote Originally Posted by chopwet View Post
    Not the same but in the same league, several hours in the dry down a friend of mine thought i was wearing Fahreneit and talked about kerosene/cocaine kind of vibe. He was a Coke Head years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by bibo View Post
    Not the same but in the same league, several hours in the dry down a friend of mine thought i was wearing Fahreneit and talked about kerosene/cocaine kind of vibe. He was a Coke Head years ago!

Sounds like it's worth a sniff

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yup, I'm a fan. I first got my hands on it not long after it was released. I have a review of it in the usual place.

I rate it quite highly. This sort of fragrance is ground-breaking given when it was released. The quality of ingredients is top notch.
    Oh yeah recently dabbled.
    Yes I'm terrible with logging sampling !

Did come across as a stiff leather mostly, quality blend.
    Throwing off the frag by season or weather for the time being, and this fits right in with rotation right now along with Moschino PH, Worth PH, Open Black Antaues and the like.

Well.....received my sample of this from C&S....I dabbed a tiny amount on the back of my hand from the 'world of miniature' wand thingy and BOOM! It's like being smacked in the face with a hammer dipped in Birch Tar. I must have 0.0000000001ml on my hand and it's overpowering the 6 sprays of Davidoff 1984 I applied at 8am this morning.

It smells a lot like vintage Rochas Macassar to my nose. It's been on around half an hour now and it's softening around the edges but still...blimey.

Goodness knows what a decent dab/spray of this will be like. I'll need a gas-mask...!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Well.....received my sample of this from C&S....I dabbed a tiny amount on the back of my hand from the 'world of miniature' wand thingy and BOOM! It's like being smacked in the face with a hammer dipped in Birch Tar. I must have 0.0000000001ml on my hand and it's overpowering the 6 sprays of Davidoff 1984 I applied at 8am this morning.

It smells a lot like vintage Rochas Macassar to my nose. It's been on around half an hour now and it's softening around the edges but still...blimey.

Goodness knows what a decent dab/spray of this will be like. I'll need a gas-mask...!
    Okay, count me as VERY interested!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Yup, welcome to the ultra potent world of Perfecto Fino. The stuff is nuclear and will easily fill a room - just be careful not to drop that sample vial
    That's why I gave it such a glowing review - for anything in 2020 and beyond, it is quite an achievement. I am currently wearing several sprays of Declaration Essence, which is also birch-tar heavy (though I should clarify it's a totally unrelated scent). Compared to the birch tar in Perfecto Fino, Declaration Essence is just a drop in the ocean.
    In the cooler months, Perfecto Fino could easily become an easy reach for vintage and/or powerhouse lovers.

You only need a small amount of this stuff. 100ml could quite possibly last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Agree. This amazing fragrance just never received the attention it deserves. Only sampled 3 times and loved it. Just didn't want a whole bottle. Tried to get someone to do a split, but couldn't find any takers. I would still be interested in 20ml if some does end up splitting.
    I'd be happy to hook you up Drop me a PM.

I loved this too from the first sniff. Powerful smoky tar. If you spray a tiny spray away from yourself (under the shirt etc) you catch that phenomenal smoky-phenolic base from time to time. Criminally underrated, but perhaps I prefer it that way. I would hate for the oversprayers to get their hands on this.

Quote Originally Posted by uhbhatti88 View Post
    I'd be happy to hook you up Drop me a PM.

I loved this too from the first sniff. Powerful smoky tar. If you spray a tiny spray away from yourself (under the shirt etc) you catch that phenomenal smoky-phenolic base from time to time. Criminally underrated, but perhaps I prefer it that way. I would hate for the oversprayers to get their hands on this.
    Too Late!

Welcome to the Club!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Okay, count me as VERY interested!
    I don't want to make any recommendations without having a full wear of it first but I can say one thing for sure, you won't have any issues with strength, longevity or sillage...!

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yup, welcome to the ultra potent world of Perfecto Fino. The stuff is nuclear and will easily fill a room - just be careful not to drop that sample vial
    That's why I gave it such a glowing review - for anything in 2020 and beyond, it is quite an achievement. I am currently wearing several sprays of Declaration Essence, which is also birch-tar heavy (though I should clarify it's a totally unrelated scent). Compared to the birch tar in Perfecto Fino, Declaration Essence is just a drop in the ocean.
    In the cooler months, Perfecto Fino could easily become an easy reach for vintage and/or powerhouse lovers.

You only need a small amount of this stuff. 100ml could quite possibly last a lifetime.
    Thanks rum - funnily enough I balanced the sample vial on my desk as I was trying to apply a tiny speck of it and it stuck to my finger as I put it down and nearly spilled I would have had to have employed a HazMat team to come in and fumigate the house!!

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    Welcome to the Club!
    Cheers Francolino!

A top favorite.
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Rum introduced me to this scent. I love it and find the birch tar smells like railway sleepers warmed in the summer sun. The smell of smoking by a BBQ on a hit sunny day.
    I am going to end up buying a bottles sometime soon.

Great stuff, enjoy it.