Code of Conduct
    Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Narciso Rodriguez for Him + flankers

A directory search for Narciso Rodriguez for Him pulled up these seven:

The two entries for 2020 are the same thing. They need to merge. So that leaves six options, and one was a Limited Edition, so not counting that there are five options.

I just got samples of four of them:

1. Narciso Rodriguez for Him (2007)
    2. Narciso Rodriguez for Him edp Intense (2012)
    3. Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir edt (2015)
    4. Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir edp (two samples) (2018)

So most of them, but not the 2020 release. Smelling notes to follow. If you've tried any of these, what are your impressions?

D1917158-2BD6-4DFA-99F0-C828C24E88C1.jpg
    Last edited by Bavard; Yesterday at 12:19 PM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Narciso Rodriguez for Him + flankers

Happen to have all of them and my preferred is the Eau De Parfum Intense although like them all.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I have all except the Extreme and like them all. Bleu Noir edt could be an everyday wear for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    So most of them, but not the 2020 release. Smelling notes to follow. If you've tried any of these, what are your impressions?
    I have tried Bleu Noir EdT (2015 release) quite a bit recently and liked it very much. Superb smell, but it is so close to Declaration Essence by Cartier that I could not justify owning both.

I also tried the other two flankers of the Bleu Noir line and didn't think that much of them.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Original EdT - beautiful musk and violet leaf composition. A bit avant-garde, not unwearable at all. I sold my bottle as it would tend to sit too close to skin.

NR for Him EdP Intense - same musk as in the above, but now it's mostly musk, accentuated by iris (pink pepper listed as a note on Basenotes, I am unable to detect it). A bit sweet in the mid-phases, but that changes in the dry-down which is mostly a warm, cuddly musk with a touch of sweetness. Sillage is good, could be a touch better. Kind of in the same ballpark as Kiehl's Musk, but Kiehl's has more florals and has a bit more growl.

Bleu Noir EdT - as noted, very similar to Declaration Essence, but sort of 'scrubbed clean'. I really like how this smells, but unfortunately it's too quiet and fleeting on my skin, and I parted with my bottle.

Bleu Noir EdP - only tested on paper at store couple of years ago, recall it being 'brighter and richer' than the EdT but also more mainstream.

Is there a difference between For Him Musk and For Him EdP?

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Bleu Noir EdT - as noted, very similar to Declaration Essence, but sort of 'scrubbed clean'. I really like how this smells, but unfortunately it's too quiet and fleeting on my skin, and I parted with my bottle.

Bleu Noir EdP - only tested on paper at store couple of years ago, recall it being 'brighter and richer' than the EdT but also more mainstream.
    Yup I had the same experience with Bleu Noir EdT - dry down was good while it lasted, it then disappeared into nothing. I sampled it extensively so I made an informed decision not to buy.

Totally agree on the EdP being mainstream. It reminds me of Polo Blue EdP, Montblanc Legend and just about your usual calone-heavy fresh scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Hoover View Post
    Is there a difference between For Him Musk and For Him EdP?
    Apparently, yes. Musc for Him from 2009 is yet another option.

https://www.basenotes.net/ID26132135.html

Dependent

I've only tried the original and I loved it. It smells like wet cement, but in a good way.

I'm trying the original Narciso Rodriguez for Him from 2007 and I like it. It smells synthetic, but intentionally so, and wearable. On first spray I liked it. For a while, I wasn't sure how it would go from there, and there was a green note that was almost scary, but it has softened and bloomed, and sweetened slightly, and now it's feeling luxurious.

Musk is an interesting concept. There's actual deer musk, and I've smelled that is some perfumes. Then there are lots and lots of different synthetic musks, also known as white musks, I believe. I also think musc spelled with a c is the same thing as musk spelled with a k.

Given all of these variations on synthetic musk, and if it's easy enough to make a few new ones whenever, then someone with a skillful hand at using these musks could create something artistic with them, in theory, I would think. And I think it happened with Narciso Rodriguez for Him. It smells like a hit to me. It's nice and masculine.

A couple other fragrances I've tried recently that also smelled like nothing but a mix of synthetic musks, but still smelled nice, were Glossier You by Glossier and 1957 by Chanel.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him is super delish. Like a synthetic jasmine for men. I see, now, they're calling it violet leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    I'm trying the original Narciso Rodriguez for Him from 2007 and I like it. It smells synthetic, but intentionally so, and wearable. On first spray I liked it. For a while, I wasn't sure how it would go from there, and there was a green note that was almost scary, but it has softened and bloomed, and sweetened slightly, and now it's feeling luxurious.

Musk is an interesting concept. There's actual deer musk, and I've smelled that is some perfumes. Then there are lots and lots of different synthetic musks, also known as white musks, I believe. I also think musc spelled with a c is the same thing as musk spelled with a k.

Given all of these variations on synthetic musk, and if it's easy enough to make a few new ones whenever, then someone with a skillful hand at using these musks could create something artistic with them, in theory, I would think. And I think it happened with Narciso Rodriguez for Him. It smells like a hit to me. It's nice and masculine.

A couple other fragrances I've tried recently that also smelled like nothing but a mix of synthetic musks, but still smelled nice, were Glossier You by Glossier and 1957 by Chanel.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him is super delish. Like a synthetic jasmine for men. I see, now, they're calling it violet leaf.
    Love this first impression, Bavard. This one is an absolute gem. Spot on. Even though it’s almost futuristically synthetic, I very heavily get the wet concrete smell in this one and I find it really romantic.
    Currently wearing: MAAI by Bogue Profumo

So far liked Bleu Noir EDT and for Him Intense the most, while still owning and using a bottle of the second.
    However also admitting to not have tested very much from this house, barely most of the 7 fragrances in the thread starting post.

I'm trying Narciso Rodriguez for Him edp Intense (2012). I don't like it as much. It reminds me of Santos Concentree, and I also don't like Santos Concentree that much.

This is especially true early on. As they develop, the harshness recedes.

I think Narciso Rodriguez got the effect they were going for. I feel left out because I've read how much other people can enjoy this kind of thing.

Enjoyed your perspective on NARCISCO RODRIGUEZ FOR HIM.

I just sold that one. I know it has some hardcore fans but I found it a tad gloomy. I didn't really relate to the wet concrete vibe some get, but it did feel dank, mildwey, rainy day-ish to me.
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Holy formatting Batman, that looks sharp!

I tried the original years ago - liked it but don’t remember much about it. I haven’t seen any of these in brick-and-mortars for some time.

The only other I’ve tried is the original Bleu Noir, which I purchased at a rack store some time ago. I loved it, but performance was worse than poor, and I’m not usually one to care about that kind of thing. I returned it.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Uncanny,
    Just been pondering this recently.
    Been waitng for a deal
    Original For Him - musky voilet wet concret - what I recall from anumber of years ago.
    I'm feeling I would really dig this now.

Thanks for your notes!

Many thanks for the posts, gentlemen!

I'm trying Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir from the DecantShop. It wasn't labeled as edt or edp. I wore it for a couple hours this morning. I was conflicted about it, leaning more neutral than thumbs up. But conflicted.

I put on some of the Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir edt from the Perfumed Court, to confirm it was the same thing. And it's not at all the same.

The one labeled edt smells like Declaration Essence, as mentioned above. I think the Decant Shop sample is the edp (even though it says edt on their website). I've put on the edp sample from the Perfumed Court, and they are at least similar. They develop so quickly, I would need to apply them at the same moment to be sure. But I'm thinking I have two identical samples of the edp.

Bleu Noir edp is an interesting fragrance. It was bugging me. I don't think I would want to wear it much, but it is really interesting, and I might want to wear it after all. No, not quite. I'm voting for the original Narciso Rodriguez for Him (2007) as my best in show from these four samples.

About Bleu Noir edt: it might be slightly sweeter than Declaration Essence.

Bleu Noir edp has great moments, and, to me, borderline cloying moments. It's interesting and worth giving a wearing, I think.