Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Oakmoss-based fragrance

I guess I didn't pay attention then!

To my nose Allyl Hexanoate/Caproate and A. Heptanoate are quite different although both are intensely fruity, the Hexanoate is an almost overripe sweet pineapple, whereas the heptanoate goes more in the green direction of apple and banana with only little pineapple to it.

How about a benzyl acetate/apple type? Oakmoss seems to accentuate apple and jasmine pretty well at least, a light touch of benzyl acetate, maybe apple oliffac, manzanate, a-damascone, and that would marge nicely into Clearwood. Even a trace of PK pineapple can do interesting things. Also Treemoss (Symrise I believe) is fantastic at branching out a mossy woods accord. And trace of Fir balsam abs can do wonders. Also Fir resinoid (Oregon) can really freshen things up with an apple-like balsamic quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrapunctus View Post
    To my nose Allyl Hexanoate/Caproate and A. Heptanoate are quite different although both are intensely fruity, the Hexanoate is an almost overripe sweet pineapple, whereas the heptanoate goes more in the green direction of apple and banana with only little pineapple to it.
    Tremendously useful info!

Quote Originally Posted by mnitabach View Post
    Tremendously useful info!
    Yeah Heptanoate (Heptoate) is more like cognac, winey while Caproate/Hexanoate is more rounded and full bodied. I find the former more diffusive, the latter seems to turn things 'bad' more easily even though it seems like it wouldn't. It took me forever to discover the culprit in my formulas.

Quote Originally Posted by chyprefresh View Post
    How about a benzyl acetate/apple type? Oakmoss seems to accentuate apple and jasmine pretty well at least, a light touch of benzyl acetate, maybe apple oliffac, manzanate, a-damascone, and that would marge nicely into Clearwood. Even a trace of PK pineapple can do interesting things. Also Treemoss (Symrise I believe) is fantastic at branching out a mossy woods accord. And trace of Fir balsam abs can do wonders. Also Fir resinoid (Oregon) can really freshen things up with an apple-like balsamic quality.
    Really great suggestions. Thanks!
    Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2