Code of Conduct

Thread: jazmin yucatan

Default jazmin yucatan

if anyone else has had the pleasure of trying out D S & Durgas "Jazmin Yucatan", i need some help finding other similar fragrances with such a wet green jasmine...there are no reviews posted here on basenotes and the youtuber at "Devilish Scents" went ballistic with his bottle spraying it all over his body.....i would really like to see what else i can find, if there is anything similar....thank you
    Currently wearing: Areté by Redwood Alchemy

Default Re: jazmin yucatan

It’s not jasmine but Monstera by Xinú is worth a look.

https://xinu.mx/products/monstera-50-ml-1-7-oz

Indolis by Areej le Dore also comes to mind, definitely not as aquatic but a very interesting and complex green jasmine. Pretty much impossible to find though.

Basenotes Plus

Also for wet, green florals I’d suggest Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia. Beautiful tropical, green florals.

Good timing, I literally tried it yesterday at their boutique and again today at Nordstrom. I don't always love jasmine, but this is nice. Somehow I liked it better the first time I tried it I didn't spray very much on my wrist. Today I did a few sprays to get a better sense of it and it seemed to get just a tad sweet for me.

It is really nice, but for me Perris Monte Carlo Jasmin de Pays (composed by Jean-Claude Ellena) just edges it out. They are a similar treatment of jasmine so definitely try this out. The Perris Monte Carlo is a bit more streamlined but even more natural smelling and not a lot of sweetness.
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."
    -John Cage

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Perhaps Courreges Pour Homme although might be hard to find.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Courreges Pour Homme although might be hard to find.
    to hednic, thank you --- i could only find Courreges Homme (1977) in the basenotes review section and this is what was written " an absurdly overpowering Johnson and Johnson's baby powder for hours" ....this sort of puts a damper on my searching it out, although as i'm finding, certain skins can do very strange things to certain scents....thank you for the suggestion....

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    It’s not jasmine but Monstera by Xinú is worth a look.

https://xinu.mx/products/monstera-50-ml-1-7-oz

Indolis by Areej le Dore also comes to mind, definitely not as aquatic but a very interesting and complex green jasmine. Pretty much impossible to find though.
    thanks.....i managed to try Monstera today......on my skin it doesn't work as well as on paper, so obviously i should put it on my clothes...... not nearly as wet as jazmin yucatan which is full-blown monsoon (for me) and deep jungle

Quote Originally Posted by cheapimitation View Post
    Good timing, I literally tried it yesterday at their boutique and again today at Nordstrom. I don't always love jasmine, but this is nice. Somehow I liked it better the first time I tried it I didn't spray very much on my wrist. Today I did a few sprays to get a better sense of it and it seemed to get just a tad sweet for me.

It is really nice, but for me Perris Monte Carlo Jasmin de Pays (composed by Jean-Claude Ellena) just edges it out. They are a similar treatment of jasmine so definitely try this out. The Perris Monte Carlo is a bit more streamlined but even more natural smelling and not a lot of sweetness.
    thank you....i had already ordered the Perris Monte Carlo a few days ago.....one of the reviews here on basenotes says that Rogue's "Jasmin Antique" is better....so i've got another one to try.....thank you for your suggestion