Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    I was in the bar tonight. I could smell another guy's fragrance. I asked him what he was wearing and how many sprays. He said 2 sprays of YSL Y. It was loud. I had on 11 sprays of Armani Code Profumo. A couple chicks walk up and say "who smells good?" They smell in the direction of three of us sitting next to each other. They said it was the guy with the Y. They couldn't smell my fragrance. This got me wondering... I applied mine when I got out of the shower. I had applied lotion on, and let it dry before spraying the fragrance. Does Y have that much more sillage/loudness over Code profumo? Or do I have the skin type that eats fragrances? Two of the 11 sprays were on my shirt.

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    353,076

    Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    Quote Originally Posted by smelleditdealtit View Post
    Does Y have that much more sillage/loudness over Code profumo? Or do I have the skin type that eats fragrances?
    My guess is the latter.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3
    Dependent NickZee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,458
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    Y has a way of cutting through the air. Those fizzy aldehydes it has, they just zing. Code Profumo is old tech, the designer game is responding to performance complaints in innovative ways now.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

  4. #4

    Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    Y has a way of cutting through the air. Those fizzy aldehydes it has, they just zing. Code Profumo is old tech, the designer game is responding to performance complaints in innovative ways now.
    Damn. Didnt know about this old tech new tech. That said, Code Profumo is one of my long lasting perfumes. Amazed Y outperforms it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    While considered the performance of YSL Y to be very good, could never imagine this outperforming, at best equaling the performance of Code Profumo
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

  6. #6

    Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    Based on the comments so far provided, I assumed I have fragrance eating skin. Today I spray 20 sprays of Tabac Rouge on. I asked a friend of mine that was sitting in a seat next to me if he could smell it. He said "a little". I am starting to wonder if I need to let the moisturizer work for a couple hours before applying. Not just long enough to where my skin is no longer oily from the lotion.

  7. #7
    Dependent NickZee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,458
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    Quote Originally Posted by edgeowns View Post
    Damn. Didnt know about this old tech new tech. That said, Code Profumo is one of my long lasting perfumes. Amazed Y outperforms it.
    To be fair its the first time I’ve said it or heard it said but there certainly has been a lot of progress in recent times with a lot of new aromachemicals being developed. In fact, its difficult for me to review new designer fragrances using traditional note references, I fall back in broad category descriptions instead. And judging by the way note pyramids have been reduced to 3 notes, it seems the perfume industry is also struggling to explain what their fragrances smell like
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

  8. #8

    Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    Quote Originally Posted by smelleditdealtit View Post
    Based on the comments so far provided, I assumed I have fragrance eating skin. Today I spray 20 sprays of Tabac Rouge on. I asked a friend of mine that was sitting in a seat next to me if he could smell it. He said "a little". I am starting to wonder if I need to let the moisturizer work for a couple hours before applying. Not just long enough to where my skin is no longer oily from the lotion.
    forget those scents try 20 sprays Tom Ford Tobacco Oud or Tobacco Oud Intense.
    Currently wearing: Parade by Céline

  9. #9

    Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

    Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    forget those scents try 20 sprays Tom Ford Tobacco Oud or Tobacco Oud Intense.
    I don't have those fragrances. But I do have a Red Tobacco sample vial. I will try sussing it out some more. If it comes to it, I'll just spray that on like 10 times and see.




Similar Threads

  1. Armani Code Profumo and Armani Code Utimate - Need your opinion
    By Max94941 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th December 2016, 05:47 PM
  2. Armani Code Profumo.... Code Flanker or One Million wannabe?
    By BradW in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20th December 2016, 04:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000