Code of Conduct

Default YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

I was in the bar tonight. I could smell another guy's fragrance. I asked him what he was wearing and how many sprays. He said 2 sprays of YSL Y. It was loud. I had on 11 sprays of Armani Code Profumo. A couple chicks walk up and say "who smells good?" They smell in the direction of three of us sitting next to each other. They said it was the guy with the Y. They couldn't smell my fragrance. This got me wondering... I applied mine when I got out of the shower. I had applied lotion on, and let it dry before spraying the fragrance. Does Y have that much more sillage/loudness over Code profumo? Or do I have the skin type that eats fragrances? Two of the 11 sprays were on my shirt.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: YSL Y vs. Armani Code Profumo

Quote Originally Posted by smelleditdealtit View Post
    Does Y have that much more sillage/loudness over Code profumo? Or do I have the skin type that eats fragrances?
    My guess is the latter.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Y has a way of cutting through the air. Those fizzy aldehydes it has, they just zing. Code Profumo is old tech, the designer game is responding to performance complaints in innovative ways now.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

Quote Originally Posted by NickZee View Post
    Y has a way of cutting through the air. Those fizzy aldehydes it has, they just zing. Code Profumo is old tech, the designer game is responding to performance complaints in innovative ways now.
    Damn. Didnt know about this old tech new tech. That said, Code Profumo is one of my long lasting perfumes. Amazed Y outperforms it.

While considered the performance of YSL Y to be very good, could never imagine this outperforming, at best equaling the performance of Code Profumo
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

Based on the comments so far provided, I assumed I have fragrance eating skin. Today I spray 20 sprays of Tabac Rouge on. I asked a friend of mine that was sitting in a seat next to me if he could smell it. He said "a little". I am starting to wonder if I need to let the moisturizer work for a couple hours before applying. Not just long enough to where my skin is no longer oily from the lotion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edgeowns View Post
    Damn. Didnt know about this old tech new tech. That said, Code Profumo is one of my long lasting perfumes. Amazed Y outperforms it.
    To be fair its the first time I’ve said it or heard it said but there certainly has been a lot of progress in recent times with a lot of new aromachemicals being developed. In fact, its difficult for me to review new designer fragrances using traditional note references, I fall back in broad category descriptions instead. And judging by the way note pyramids have been reduced to 3 notes, it seems the perfume industry is also struggling to explain what their fragrances smell like
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

Quote Originally Posted by smelleditdealtit View Post
    Based on the comments so far provided, I assumed I have fragrance eating skin. Today I spray 20 sprays of Tabac Rouge on. I asked a friend of mine that was sitting in a seat next to me if he could smell it. He said "a little". I am starting to wonder if I need to let the moisturizer work for a couple hours before applying. Not just long enough to where my skin is no longer oily from the lotion.
    forget those scents try 20 sprays Tom Ford Tobacco Oud or Tobacco Oud Intense.
    Currently wearing: Parade by Céline

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    forget those scents try 20 sprays Tom Ford Tobacco Oud or Tobacco Oud Intense.
    I don't have those fragrances. But I do have a Red Tobacco sample vial. I will try sussing it out some more. If it comes to it, I'll just spray that on like 10 times and see.