Code of Conduct

Default The best Creed Vetiver 1948 alternative?

Although not 100% identical I think Byerley by Parfums de Marly is very similar to the old Creed 1948 vetiver. Check it out and let me know if you sense a similarity as well. Thanks.

Default Re: The best Creed Vetiver 1948 alternative?

As for an alternative, I've yet to find one that comes somewhat similar to Vetiver 48. On as side note I'm curious if you too collect and own rare Creeds.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Funny... I have a bottle of this that I truly need to move to a new bottle and/or repair the top part of the nozzle below the spray as it seems to have a hole somewhere in it.

But I have to agree. This is an odd one. A bit of citrus, a lighter take on vetiver and ambergris with ginger - it's akin to Tabarome but replace tobacco with vetiver, that's the closest I've seen so far (but it's still very different).

I'm still looking for a solid alternative too.
    "Work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need" - Voltaire

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

No worthy alternative IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I definitely agree.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Absolutely. This is in my top 3 Creeds. Sometimes I wish Creed would bring this back. Then I think no, they would only make a mess of it. Plus, I guess some of the original ingredients have been banned now.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Absolutely. This is in my top 3 Creeds. Sometimes I wish Creed would bring this back. Then I think no, they would only make a mess of it. Plus, I guess some of the original ingredients have been banned now.

I love this too.

I'm not one to buy fully into many of the "natural" claims once espoused by Creedophiles, by I do believe some of the ingredients in this and other gray caps were banned by IFRA around 2010. That seems to be the time a lot of them got vaulted. Not sure what's in VETIVER '48, but I sense it would be disappointing if they tried to reissue it.

It's my opinion that many of the gray caps had stop being produced pre 2010. I think they didn't sell well at all and they hung around for several years because they were unsold bottles in retailers inventory.

One of my few big frag regrets was not snaring a flacon of VETIVER '48 when I knew it was being phased out. But as I recall money was tight for me then, and I also hadn't grown as fond of it as I am now.
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.
    Currently wearing: Rose 31 by Le Labo

I've found nothing similar

I wish Creed would 'unvault' as I loved wearing it

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    As for an alternative, I've yet to find one that comes somewhat similar to Vetiver 48. On as side note I'm curious if you too collect and own rare Creeds.
    I have some yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Funny... I have a bottle of this that I truly need to move to a new bottle and/or repair the top part of the nozzle below the spray as it seems to have a hole somewhere in it.

But I have to agree. This is an odd one. A bit of citrus, a lighter take on vetiver and ambergris with ginger - it's akin to Tabarome but replace tobacco with vetiver, that's the closest I've seen so far (but it's still very different).

I'm still looking for a solid alternative too.
    I know right? Good alternatives are difficult to find sometimes.