Code of Conduct

Question Online store: See Scents

Has anyone heard of or used an online perfume retailer called See Scents?

They are UK-based or so it seems, but as I've only just noticed them, thought I'd ask other members for their feedback.

Default Re: Online store: See Scents

So no one has heard of them, no one has used them or no one is interested in sharing their experience?

I haven’t used them mate.
    Currently enjoying

Bois du Portugal / Aventus / Pour Monsieur / Boss Number One (current)
    Sagamore (vintage) / Drakkar Noir / Bright Neroli / Cool Water (vintage)
    Patrick / Allure Homme / Jazz Club / YSL Pour Homme HC

Blog Entries

It just takes a few hours to set up shopify. I would be very surprised if they are legit. Even the selling point of working hard to develop distribution relationships and insisting on authenticity is a red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    It just takes a few hours to set up shopify. I would be very surprised if they are legit. Even the selling point of working hard to develop distribution relationships and insisting on authenticity is a red flag.
    Interesting comments - thanks.

I have looked the company name up and they are registered by their parent name as stated on their site. They also list a phone number so I suppose a quick call will show if they are legit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Interesting comments - thanks.

I have looked the company name up and they are registered by their parent name as stated on their site. They also list a phone number so I suppose a quick call will show if they are legit.
    A company being registered is no grounds for legitimacy. Legitimacy is too much at stake for someone to do something nefarious. How long has the company been in operation, and what are their revenues? That is the bottom line. There is a new website in your neck of the woods that would look legitimate, but is up to no good; Online Perfume Store | Parfumly.com. If the prices are better than some of the established discounters, then my rule of thumb is be extra cautious rather than excited.

Excellent website and I've used them twice, no complaints and its a prompt service. The fragrances are absolutely legit and spot on, I know the owner and interact with him directly on facebook, so any queries or issues are resolved on the spot.

Hit me up with queries or issues & I can help convey to him.
    Last edited by aikj55; 22nd July 2021 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Few more to say
    These Scents are Popping...….
    Currently wearing: Oudmazing by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Has anyone heard of or used an online perfume retailer called See Scents?

They are UK-based or so it seems, but as I've only just noticed them, thought I'd ask other members for their feedback.
    Hi rum!

We launched in May 2020 and I'd encourage you to take a look at our Trustpilot reviews. People really can buy with confidence on our website. We've expanded lines and stock quantity over the last 14 months to the point where we finally have a decent amount of stock of the most popular niche fragrances. At first we didn't have a huge selection and we had very few of each item. We also plug in an API from a well-known UK wholesaler for most of the designer perfume on our website.

If you or anyone else would like to know more, please feel free to contact us using the email address on our website.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Hi Mudassir!

Thank you for the feedback - negative feedback is much more useful than positive feedback!

If you wouldn't mind expanding for me on your comments I'd love to understand more about how you think we can get the message across that we're totally legit - because people ask us all day every day! The line you quoted speaks the absolute truth, but do you think not mentioning it at all is a better tactic?

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by aikj55 View Post
    Excellent website and I've used them twice, no complaints and its a prompt service. The fragrances are absolutely legit and spot on, I know the owner and interact with him directly on facebook, so any queries or issues are resolved on the spot.

Hit me up with queries or issues & I can help convey to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeScents View Post
    Hi rum!

We launched in May 2020 and I'd encourage you to take a look at our Trustpilot reviews. People really can buy with confidence on our website. We've expanded lines and stock quantity over the last 14 months to the point where we finally have a decent amount of stock of the most popular niche fragrances. At first we didn't have a huge selection and we had very few of each item. We also plug in an API from a well-known UK wholesaler for most of the designer perfume on our website.

If you or anyone else would like to know more, please feel free to contact us using the email address on our website.

Cheers!
    Excellent news guys - thanks very much for the response!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SeeScents View Post
    Trustpilot reviews
    Trustpilot is susceptible to review gating and misuse of review flagging. Each merchant has a Business Transparency pane with review data including a breakdown on reviews flagged by the merchant displayed by star rating.
    Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by scenting prey View Post
    Trustpilot is susceptible to review gating and misuse of review flagging. Each merchant has a Business Transparency pane with review data including a breakdown on reviews flagged by the merchant displayed by star rating.
    I've used them and still use them and will use them again... Excellent deals and service.
    These Scents are Popping...….
    Currently wearing: Oudmazing by Montale