Code of Conduct

Default Oud for Glory by Lattafa - wonderful fragrance at an excellent price

I am writing this post because this is the first Arab clone I really like.
    Oud for Glory by Lattafa is a very accurate copy of Oud for Greatness by Initio, which costs $ 300. Lattafa is a very beautiful, strongly masculine fragrance, which differs from mass-produced perfumes and always impresses the people around. Except that the aroma is very good, the performance is well above average, on my skin, easy 12 hours, but this is hardly a surprise, given that it is an Arabic production. It should also be noted the high quality of the bottle, which in no way suggests that it is a budget perfume. Overall, the overall impression is of a luxury product.
    So if you find it at the real price (I say, the real price, because I see that many retailers sell it, three times more expensive. I bought 2 pieces for 20 € per bottle) this will be an interesting addition to your collection.

Default Re: Oud for Glory by Lattafa - wonderful fragrance at an excellent price

Bought it, sold it. If this is what Oud For Greatness smells like, it's not for me. Not nearly oud enough for my liking.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Oud for Glory by Lattafa - wonderful fragrance at an excellent price

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntagonist View Post
    If this is what Oud For Greatness smells like, it's not for me.
    The bottle does bear a resemblance to the Initio. Already happy with the Initio.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I've wanted to try this one. The bottle and name I think are funny. And the PdM and Initios of the world are price gouging for the quality that they put out, and that brings bottom feeders to make shady junk like this. I don't even particularily care for the original, and if I did I would buy it, but I consider buying this just for fun. We will see. It seems ironic and with a wink.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

I bought this last week. lol. Even had that metal plate at the bottom. I had a 3ml sample of Initio's OFG last year just to see what the hype is about and what oud smells like. But it is too pricey(especially in my country where you add shipping + customs). Saw this Lattafa's copy for only $30, so why not? Honestly, and I still got the sample of Initio's and this, once on the skin, you cannot tell the difference. On paper you can slightly cuz Oud for Glory is alcoholy at the start and stays longer on the paper.

Burnt rubber + creamy sweetness that is addicting. Not as addicting as Fahrenheit but I love smelling it.

Thank you for the recommendation- incidentally have also recently discovered that this house has quite diverse offers in (at least, if not even better/more intense) EDP strength and interesting note profiles, at very affordable prices

I've got it and quite enjoy it. It's very VERY close to Oud for Greatness and at its price you can't go wrong! The bottle doesn't feel at all cheap and the fragrance certainly smells far more expensive than it has any right to. The fact that it exists at the price point it is at is proof that someone is gouging/scamming the public.and it ain't Lattafa. It also seems to me that the name "Oud for Glory" just sounds better than "Oud for Greatness." A minor quibble but If I didn't know better I'd have thought Greatness was the clone based on name alone.
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

In fact, there is no indication that this is a budget perfume. When the courier delivered my shipment to the office, all my colleagues said that the perfume smoothed and smelled expensive, and suggested that I had paid a few hundred dollars. When they understand the price, everyone is very surprised. Of course, there are those in which snobbery is embedded, they start looking for flaws, but this happens after they understand the price, but when they did not know what the price was, they did not find anything wrong.