Code of Conduct

Default Need a Macy's/Dillards/Sephora summer scent

Ok, love my Tom Ford Grey Vetiver Edp, and have Comme des Garcons 2 man that I may wear in summer, evenings mostly. Had TdH, again, and sold it. Hope I have learned my lesson.

Wife says for Father's Day she will run to Macys/Dillards/Sephora, smell three scents I pick and buy one.

I in my mind remember she liked Sauvage, but cant remember which one. Think the Parfum. She did like Mancera Black Gold but it was not that summery. Mancera Auod Lemom Mint not so much.

Sometimes I adore Eau Savauge EdT, sometimes, too much lavendar. Is the Eau Sauvage Parfum, I think it is the 2017 version at Sephora, a summer scent?

I know those places care Hugo Boss, Armani, Versace, and Dolce and Gabanna and Sephora has Prada, Hermes also. However, locally, Sephora stock is down and they may not have the Eau Savuage Parfum in stock.

I like them to project and last decently. Not into soapy as much or vanilla/sweet for summer, but also never got into Virgin Island Water - that coconut.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Need a Macy's/Dillards/Sephora summer scent

Perhaps Mancera Aqua Wood if it can be found there.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Original Vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Mancera Aqua Wood if it can be found there.
    I wish. We are a scent oasis here in Memphis. I can smell Mancera when I go to Bloomingdales in Atlanta. Memphis, no, we have a few Kurkdijian scents at a great men's store, a few Creeds but that is about it. A few Tom Fords not carried in Sephora, but Acqua di Parma is gone.

This is why wife wants to just hit Macys or DIllards or Sephora when she gets out this weekend, not have a lot to choose from and just get one without much fuss.

I'd say that Eau Sauvage parfum is more fougerey than the edt (ie it has more lavender), so not sure that's the direction you want to go to. Still summery though.

The Sephora here carries Atelier Cologne. Expensive, but they have some good citrusy stuff. Some Hermes are also summery, like Jardin sur le nil or concentree d'orange vertes.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I'd say that Eau Sauvage parfum is more fougerey than the edt (ie it has more lavender), so not sure that's the direction you want to go to. Still summery though.

The Sephora here carries Atelier Cologne. Expensive, but they have some good citrusy stuff. Some Hermes are also summery, like Jardin sur le nil or concentree d'orange vertes.

cacio
    Ours carries the Hermes and Atelier. Atelier, longevity has been not so good on me. Hermes love the C d'O but so short-lived on me But great call as far as smell

Agree-citruses are pleasant but short lived, one has to reapply. Vetiver lasts much longer, but I can't think of much vetiver at those places beyond the Tom Ford. The Guerlain perhaps? but I don't recall seeing it.
    cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Agree-citruses are pleasant but short lived, one has to reapply. Vetiver lasts much longer, but I can't think of much vetiver at those places beyond the Tom Ford. The Guerlain perhaps? but I don't recall seeing it.
    cacio
    No Guerlain locally in Memphis

How do you/she feel about Bleu de Chanel? I'm thinking in particular the Parfum might be a nice one to check out based on what I know of your tastes.

Look at Polo Blue Gold Blend, too.

Also, have you ever sniffed Versace Man Eau Fraiche? Might be worth a sniff.

Current Favorites:
    Guerlain Vetiver, Missoni Parfum Pour Homme, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Lalique Pour Homme EDP, Cartier Declaration

Quote Originally Posted by TRBeck View Post
    How do you/she feel about Bleu de Chanel? I'm thinking in particular the Parfum might be a nice one to check out based on what I know of your tastes.

Look at Polo Blue Gold Blend, too.

Also, have you ever sniffed Versace Man Eau Fraiche? Might be worth a sniff.
    Bleu de Chanel, liked the Paffum, which was not too keen on that. She sorta liked Egoiste but that, and AHEB, hard for me to smell it on me. Only two Chanels I have are Coromandel (she loves this, did I say she loves this? LOL) and Antaeus.

Will check the Polos. I get Macy's ads and they have the smelly inserts and Polo in the red bottle was nice. Have smelled a lot of Versace but to be honest, have dismissed most of the designer scents as well, they just churn them out like nobody';s business. I get those too, Versace, D&G, and smell them on the strip and toss. But she says she wants something easy to get and well, I will indulge her. have a feeling it is from grandkids and she is just gonna buy it and hand it to them to wrap

If it were me, and I was shopping at Macy's, I would choose between:
    Dior Homme Cologne
    Cartier Declaration Essence
    YSL L'Homme

The Sephoras near me have quite a bit more including Tom Ford freshies and Hermes scents.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian5701 View Post
    If it were me, and I was shopping at Macy's, I would choose between:
    Dior Homme Cologne
    Cartier Declaration Essence
    YSL L'Homme

The Sephoras near me have quite a bit more including Tom Ford freshies and Hermes scents.
    Have not seen any Cartier in our local Sephoras or even Macys or DIllards. Will have to try the YSL but that Dior, it is a contender. White floral as I recall, linen fresh type of scent. I think she liked that best between the Eau Sauvage EdT and the Dior Homme Cologne. The Dior Cologne Sport, maybe some pepper/floral, she was not keen on

I think she liked Dior Homme Cologne over AHEB but is the performance of the Dior any better than the AHEB?

I hear you on designers churning out schlock. The Polo Blue Gold Blend is a pretty nice update on the original, which I never got along with due to the cucumber note. As for Versace, they have some crap scents, but I actually like both VPH and Man Eau Fraiche. They might be a bit generic for your tastes, though. Maybe give D&G Light Blue Forever a sniff; you have to like grapefruit, but longevity won’t be a problem.

Current Favorites:
    Guerlain Vetiver, Missoni Parfum Pour Homme, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Lalique Pour Homme EDP, Cartier Declaration

Quote Originally Posted by TRBeck View Post
    I hear you on designers churning out schlock. The Polo Blue Gold Blend is a pretty nice update on the original, which I never got along with due to the cucumber note. As for Versace, they have some crap scents, but I actually like both VPH and Man Eau Fraiche. They might be a bit generic for your tastes, though. Maybe give D&G Light Blue Forever a sniff; you have to like grapefruit, but longevity won’t be a problem.
    As I recall the VPH and Eau Fraiche, perfomance issues. May have to revisit some of the Armani. But I will go sniff some at MAcys and sephora, all of the recommended ones

I'd be on the lookout for the new Tom Ford Ombre Leather flanker.

Edit: Oops, you said summer scent. Perhaps Mercedes-Benz Man Fresh?

20170357_zi.jpg

Basenotes Institution

The new Polo Green is a nice one.

How about Mugler Cologne?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Macy’s picks for the summer:
    - D&G Light Blue Forever
    - Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne
    - one of the acqua di gio’s

Dior Homme Cologne is a very nice summer fragrance

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

+1 on Dior Homme Cologne.
    July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

May do a poll but I think the contenders are:

Dior Homme Cologne
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne
    D& G Light Blue
    Polo Blue Gold Blend
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Dior Eau Savauge EdT