Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Performing the BN salute

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday, 17th June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Q, have you lived in that house for your entire life?

I thought only titled characters in British novels did that.
    In a nutshell, my parents rented the horse barn next door for 12 years before I came along. I lived in the barn 5 years with them before we moved into the school. In the '70s, I moved into my husband's house (which was a small chicken and cow barn). We inherited the school in 2001.

The chapter most people find fascinating, and I've not told this story here before, is that my parents didn't know how sex worked, despite both having grown up on farms. A friend of my father's finally drew him a sketch. (I learned this from the sketcher's son after all of our parents had passed away.) That's how I came into being, after Mom and Dad had been married 12 years, despite their being ages 43 and 61, and both being physically handicapped.

More will be revealed in the damn documentary that I will one day get off my to-do list.

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    In a nutshell, my parents rented the horse barn next door for 12 years before I came along. I lived in the barn 5 years with them before we moved into the school. In the '70s, I moved into my husband's house (which was a small chicken and cow barn). We inherited the school in 2001.
    Ah, so you did have a couple of decades living elsewhere. I'm slightly less flabbergasted now.

The chapter most people find fascinating, and I've not told this story here before, is that my parents didn't know how sex worked, despite both having grown up on farms.
    Wow. It's amazing anything got done before the Internet, isn't it?

Happy birthday, Bavard! It's always a pleasure to see you here. Wishing you a good year

I know so many people that are born in June! I don't know if that's my personal bias or if that's really one of the more popular birthday months

(I have worn Classique Eau Fraiche today and I've been wearing Aqua Solis by Le Couvent des Minimes in the mornings for almost all week - except for weekend when I went to my parents for my mom's birthday. She's also a June child!)

Quarry, what a story! I'm glad that this friend gave these instructions and you followed

Zino Davidoff

Zino Davidoff 4.2 oz.jpg
    Currently wearing: Aqua Amara by Bulgari

wore koto by shiseido today, but will apply a smidge of vintage Bal a Versaille after my bath to join in the fun.

queen of the universe

Happy birthday, Bavard!

Quarry, dear, I believe you are the most interesting person I've ever made acquaintance of. Yes to documentary!

No "Bal" for me. otoh, there was baseball. Weekday afternoon game, that delicious shirking of responsibilities. We've had sunny 70-ish days here in CLE, so two guy pals and I rode our bikes downtown and took in the game. I wore my most American of fragrances Ralph Lauren RalphHot.

On leaving the park, I distributed fivers to the various street musicians including a bassist whom I've said hi to over the years. Bassists like to greet one another; we're our own secret club. This time he asked me, "how old are you?" and when I said "67" he gave me the up and down, "not bad!" I gave a quick "see ya!" and walked over to the bike rack; he had been hitting on me! Well, he is kind of grizzled good looking, seems to have enough teeth, but, doesn't look quite like he takes care of himself, and . . . well. . . street musician! And I am so resolutely unattached, and uninterested in a fling. Maybe my 20-something me was peeking thru. Anyway, flirting is my level of competence, and then I'm out! The exchange did make me smile.
    Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
    Luxe, calme et volupté.

Baudelaire, L'Invitation au voyage

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    More will be revealed in the damn documentary that I will one day get off my to-do list.
    What a story. Hopefully more chapters will turn up, story time is wonderful
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Smell Good, Feel Good

SOTE
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News, Plan B
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious s***." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread
    Currently wearing: cK be by Calvin Klein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2