Code of Conduct

Default Apple Magic Mouse 2

Got a new computer. Thinking this might be a cool thing and eliminate a cord on my desk. Regular mouse seems to always be in the way at times. HP Computer, Any experiences, or good/bad comments?

Wireless keyboard - dont know. The stock keyboard seems good enough and I can do a Best Buy one or Office Depot instead of Apple.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Apple Magic Mouse 2

Not familiar with the mouse you speak of, but a cordless mouse and keyboard is the way to go IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I know nothing about Apple's computers or their OS, but if your HP is running Windows 10 most likely it will not recognise the Apple mouse. If that's the case then you can't just plug and use it. I'm sure someone will have found a way around it... but that means you'll have to find how to do it and set it up which can be frustrating and time-consuming especially if it gets technical.

Otherwise, check these:
    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...20-009294.html
    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...10-005985.html
    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/mx/mx-for-coding.html

I agree, cordless mouse and keyboard is the way to go.

Unless you run Linux on your PC, you'd have to pay for a driver that makes the Apple Magic Mouse work on Windows. Logitech has good wireless devices though, and there are many other brands that make hardware that works out of the box with Windows

Someone gave me the Magic Mouse 1. Worked except for the scrolling. Read I have to download the apple bootcamp driver for those features.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Someone gave me the Magic Mouse 1. Worked except for the scrolling. Read I have to download the apple bootcamp driver for those features.
    I've never worked with bootcamp, but from what I understand that may only work on Apple hardware. Many years ago I tried a for-pay driver that was free for a week or so. That driver made it possible to use all the features of the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by D.McDutchface View Post
    I've never worked with bootcamp, but from what I understand that may only work on Apple hardware. Many years ago I tried a for-pay driver that was free for a week or so. That driver made it possible to use all the features of the mouse.

I saw that it’s called magic mouse utilities. Even if I can only use the mouse without the scroll feature, not having that cord on my desk makes it so much easier. But if I have to download a Apple Boot Camp driver like I’ve read, and scroll feature works that I’ve hit a home run

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    I saw that it’s called magic mouse utilities. Even if I can only use the mouse without the scroll feature, not having that cord on my desk makes it so much easier. But if I have to download a Apple Boot Camp driver like I’ve read, and scroll feature works that I’ve hit a home run
    You can download the boot camp drivers from https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1837 . You could try and install those, but the software may expect Apple hardware and refuse to run on your HP computer. I see a wireless mouse driver in /BootCamp/Drivers/Apple/ in the zip file. It's always worth a try

Edit: I noticed that that zip file is over five years old. I'm not sure if they work, but I guess it's a starting point. There may be more recent files, but I'm not sure about the status of the boot camp program

Basenotes Plus

Wireless mouse and keyboard are nice from an aesthetic standpoint but cost quite a bit more.

Yeah that app did not work. Even if it does not work where I can’t scroll down with it, it still is much better than the regular mouse because it doesn’t take up as much space. I can just move the mouse around on the pad.