Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default help on flower from a man.

sorry, I'm still here asking you to help me on floral fragrances as they are a new world for me.
    I did a research on the ones I might like but I need your kind help to eliminate the sweeter scents and keep the greener ones.
    no to perfumes that are too adult and markedly feminine as much as I love feminine perfumes.
    thank you regardless. i love green very much the scent of walking into a flower shop, nursery. i don't love the feeling of opulent and overly luxurious floral women's perfume.

Ombra di Tiglio L'Erbolario

Eau de Ciel Eau de Toilette Annick Goutal

Eau du Ciel Annick Goutal

En Passant Frederic Malle

L’Ete en Douce L'Artisan Parfumeur

Tilleul Cédrat Fragonard
    L'Amandiere James Heeley
    Tilleul D’ORSAY

La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme L'Artisan Parfumeur

Tilia Cordata Acca Kappa
    Indigo Baruti
    Onder de Linde (Melkmeisje) Baruti
    Grand Chalet Astier de Villatte
    Cavatina Parfums Dusita

Musa Paradisiaca Cristian Cavagna

Melodie de L'Amour Parfums Dusita
    Voyance Baruti
    Marche aux Fleurs Fragonard

Michael Michael Kors

Blog Entries

Default Re: help on flower from a man.

l was reading about Musa Paradisiaca earlier today, thanks to a newsletter from Surrender to Chance. Are you aware that it has civet listed as a note? it sounds like the epitome of an opulent animalic floral to me, which is what made me interested in it, but it doesn't sound like what you're looking for. l wonder why it's on your list?

"The scent of walking into a flower shop" is, & always will be Carnal Flower for me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Tilleul by d'Orsay and La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme by L'Artisan Parfumeur are both on the sweeter end, and not very green (I think the latter might also be discontinued). They are still extremely nice linden blossom scents, but not for you if you are looking for something on the masculine spectrum.

Blog Entries

Do you want green floral or more the scent of “flower shop”? I think they’re two different scents.

Two lovely outdoorsy scents with a hint of floral shop are Nicolai Week-end (whichever one you can find) and ELDO You or Someone Like You.

I have D’Orsay Tillieul and it is quite sweet and stereotypically feminine. If you want a great linden that flies under most everyone’s radars, Kerosene has an AMAZING linden that I think could work on someone who wants something unisex—it’s floral but not twirly-girly. It is one of my new favorite green scents.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Kristen Pfaff❤️❤️❤️

I’m not old, I’m vintage.

Vintage Mary Chess soliflores tend to be fairly inexpensive on eBay, and they are amongst the most naturalistic floral scents—meaning, closest to a flower shop or garden—I've tried. They have a root-to-blossom quality you don't get from typical flower extracts.

I assume you've tried Aramis Devin ? The green, stemmy, leafy aspect of a flower shop, and with underlying sweetness.
    Summer is here : greens, vetiver, aromatics. Daily drivers : Bottega Veneta Bottega Veneta pour Homme EdT; Guerlain Vetiver, Etro Palais Jamais. Aramis Tuscany; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; CDG Zagorsk; Caron Yatagan; Puig Quorum; Hermes Equipage Geranium.
    Sampling : Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire, Corsica Furiosa; Anatole Lebreton L'Eau de Merzhin; Chanel No19 Poudre; Knize Sec
    Currently wearing: Ambra by Etro

Basenotes Junkie

but my idea that I am looking for is that of a flower similar to nuit de bakelite, flos mortis, tubereuse crimminelle as tuberose and paradisiacal muse seemed to me a green tuberose because of the banana tree.
    for the rest I really love lilies like relique d'amour, death and decay, funeral home and green flowers similar to fathom v.
    then, since I love lime, even one of those listed would be enough for me.
    i tried mediterranean lys like lily but i would only use it in summer however good it is. the rest are doubts about the tuberoses I have listed. here i'm not ready for sweet and creamy tuberose.
    en passant I think it is excellent from the reviews but from the reviews I saw that it has low performance.tilleul d'orsay I think it is now out of production.
    marche aux fleurs by fragonard a friend told me that it is really the smell of a flower shop. and like linden I would only need one, maybe the same tilleut cedrat of fragonard or grand chalet.
    i dusita and baruti i would definitely try them.

Basenotes Junkie

however, I am not looking for just masculine or unisex perfumes. I use and love feminine too.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by khanada View Post
    Do you want green floral or more the scent of “flower shop”? I think they’re two different scents.

Two lovely outdoorsy scents with a hint of floral shop are Nicolai Week-end (whichever one you can find) and ELDO You or Someone Like You.

I have D’Orsay Tillieul and it is quite sweet and stereotypically feminine. If you want a great linden that flies under most everyone’s radars, Kerosene has an AMAZING linden that I think could work on someone who wants something unisex—it’s floral but not twirly-girly. It is one of my new favorite green scents.
    kerosene pretty machine?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by khanada View Post

kerosene pretty machine? is too much citrusy?

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by lovetribe View Post
    i love green very much the scent of walking into a flower shop, nursery. i don't love the feeling of opulent and overly luxurious floral women's perfume.
    You could very well be quoting my personal perfume manifesto with those lines. But sadly, I know almost none of the scents on your list.

To get a green floral without sweetness or opulence, I think you're almost forced into green chypre territory. And today, to get the best ones, that pretty much means going for vintage. It can take a little patience, but often costs less than modern scents at retail.

A few favorites that are readily available:

No. 19 -- Chanel
    Azuree -- Estee Lauder
    Private Collection -- Estee Lauder
    Ivoire -- Balmain
    Niki de Saint Phalle (eponymous)
    Aromatics Elixir -- Clinique/Estee Lauder
    Calandre -- Paco Rabanne
    Diorella -- Christian Dior
    Givenchy III
    Y -- Yves Saint Laurent (the old feminine, not the modern male)

And a modern one that lots of folks like (though not me) is Aura by Thierry Mugler.

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    You could very well be quoting my personal perfume manifesto with those lines. But sadly, I know almost none of the scents on your list.

To get a green floral without sweetness or opulence, I think you're almost forced into green chypre territory. And today, to get the best ones, that pretty much means going for vintage. It can take a little patience, but often costs less than modern scents at retail.

No. 19 -- Chanel
    Azuree -- Estee Lauder
    Ivoire -- Balmain
    Calandre -- Paco Rabanne
    Givenchy III

And a modern one that lots of folks like (though not me) is Aura by Thierry Mugler.
    Good list!
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

I don't know most of the perfumes on your list. Cook bot's list for the classics is a good one. I would add my favorite, Metal by Paco Rabanne, very green.

I see many linden perfumes in your list. Linden tends to come out as functional (ie floor cleaner) to me, but I have not tried those you mention. En passant is very nice. Not green, but clean and light. It performs well, but it is intentionally very light.

Some lily of the valley perfumes might also work, in particular Hermes Muguet porcelaine, which is very freesh and greenish.

cacio

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post

No. 19 -- Chanel
    Azuree -- Estee Lauder
    Ivoire -- Balmain
    Calandre -- Paco Rabanne
    Givenchy III

Thanks but This is not What i would. Too much chypre.

How about Chanel Gardenia (fresh white floral on the green side), or Diptyque Ofresia? Freesias always make me think of flower shops.

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by lovetribe View Post
    Thanks but This is not What i would. Too much chypre.
    So you want green florals that aren't chypres, aren't sweet, and aren't opulent? That might be a somewhat difficult order.

I would add Rogue Perfumery Tuberose and Moss and Champs Lunaires for ones to look at.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Along Carnal Flower and Chanel n19 that were already mentioned, I would suggest the Guerlain classics Vol de Nuit and l'Heure Bleu

Basenotes Junkie

Thanks

Basenotes Junkie

Musa paradisiaca Vs lys mediterranee Vs carnal flower?

I have not tried Musa paradisiaca. Between the other two, Lys med. More unique. But carnal flower is a great tuberose.

cacio

Basenotes Junkie

Thanks

I can confirm that En Passant is on the green/fresh/watery side of things, it smells very realistic to me. I was once for a walk out with my partner and he thought he'd smelled lilacs. He was surprised to find out it was my fragrance and not the actual flowers. Like someone said earlier, it doesn't linger for long but it's beautiful while it lasts.

Between two pine trees

Default help on flower from a man.

A few florals that, to me, have the green + flower shop vibe you’re looking for are Ormonde Jayne Frangipani, Comme des Garcons Lily, and MFK Aqua Universalis.

Another possibility is A Lab on Fire California Snow. Don’t be fooled by the copy - it’s a very pretty floral, but it has more of a outdoor-green-floral-after-rain vibe than flower shop.

Also, I get pretty decent longevity from En Passant: 6-7 hours, but I use unscented body lotion. I find that helps prolong the life of all of my fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaFedec View Post
    Along Carnal Flower and Chanel n19 that were already mentioned, I would suggest the Guerlain classics Vol de Nuit and l'Heure Bleu
    Vol de Nuit is a good one especially in the perfume concentration.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

En Passant Frederic Malle
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.