Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Monday, 21st June, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Monday, 21st June, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 20th June, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Sunday, 20th June, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Sorgiva by Profumum

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Monday, 21st June, 2021

La Peau Nue by Celine

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

23rd day of Creed Virgin Island Water
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Morning all, & Happy Solstice!

l have a week off to relax at last, & to get a few things done that l've been putting off for months.

lt's wet, windy & rather cold here, but l'm fighting it with Bronze Goddess today. The woody notes actually work really well on days like this.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Enjoy your week off, Teardrop.

The weather isn't very Summer Solstice-like
    here either but I am wearing Guerlain AA Mandarine
    Basilic to conjure up some warmer climes.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Roma by Laura Biagiotti

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday, 21st June, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Black Vetiver by Phaedon

misunderstood maverick

Sirene by Vicky Tiel.
    ... "I hope the exit is joyful. And I hope never to return."... Frida Kahlo

Hello all

Jaïpur Homme Eau de Toilette by Boucheron
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. Jujy I’m sorry about your sore shoulder and hope you feel better soon. Beautiful photos you posted the other day.

Congrats on your new Chanel, Freewheeling!
    Teardrop, relax and enjoy your week off.

Serge Lutens De Profundis today. Wish you all a good start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Frapin 1270 for today. Weekend was full of family stuff, back to work today.

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. teardrop, keeping fingers crossed the weather will improve for your week off. Enjoy

Doptyque - Eau Lente.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Van Cleef & Arpels Cologne Noire.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Hello everyone Today is my first day of 4 weeks off My Mom is here for about 2 weeks so we have booked a table at a nice Vietnamese restaurant later. The weather isn't too good, with low temperatures and cloudy....But I don't care Sotd is Dzongkha. Have a nice day everyone and enjoy your week off Teardrop

Enjoy your time off teardrop and Ine
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Hi, everyone and enjoy your time off, ine, teardrop, and anyone else who's got some vacation!

Last night I took my husband (as a Father's Day but really pre-anniversary surprise) to an Audubon Society wildlife sanctuary about an hour+ away from us, at dusk. I'd gotten permission from the staff to stay on the premises past dusk, when they close. The place consists of some easy trails, and several wildflower/native plant meadows, which they (aptly) call firefly meadows. This is the peak time for fireflies. We walked around a bit, and waited for the sun to go down. For what felt like the longest time there was nothing... And then all of a sudden the entire place was awash in fireflies! It was like silent fireworks - Pretty darn magical.

This morning I decided to wear Parfums d'Empire Osmanthus Interdite. Unfortunately for me, the sprayer has become disconnected and the top is welded on! After about 5 minutes, I managed to get some jus out by turning the bottle sideways to pump it (still won't spray), and dump the perfume on my pulse points. Inelegant and kinda messy - Suggestions from this knowledgeable group?

I do smell great, though.

Marvelous Monday to all!

Osmanthus Interdite fragrance notes: Osmanthus, Green tea accord, Rose, Jasmine sambac absolute, White musk.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 22nd June 2021 at 12:38 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson
    Currently wearing: Santalum by Profumum

Common Lackey

ComDiva, I seldom envy anyone their outdoor adventures (I'm just not very outdoorsy), but your firefly meadow excursion sounds so marvelous. I'd love to see something like that, as fireflies have become quite scarce where I am.

I'm also envying the notoriously bad summer weather from our British contingent. It's already so hot here (95F/35C) and as muggy as late August (80% humidity), so few perfumes appeal. I need some citrus with a little durability, and ComDiva's post directed me toward the proper house...

Iskander by Marc-Antoine Corticchiato for Parfum d'Empire

Spice and Wood

Blog Entries

Thanks kewart, tdem, Jon, lne, N.CAL & ComDiva!

l don't mind the weather being a bit rubbish for a day or two, as it helps motivate me to get stuff done indoors, but a bit of sunshine would be nice later in the week!

lne, enjoy your time off!

l'm wearing L'Heure Bleue this evening, another one that works well for me in rainy weather.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Enjoy your time off ine and teardrop!

Comdiva,
    I love fireflies! It is more than twenty years since I've seen any, but I remember some indeed magical moments during vacations
    when fireflies suddenly appeared at dusk.

It is very warm here and we expect an even higher temperature this week.

I am wearing 28 La Pausa - Chanel.

Blog Entries

Thanks, dora!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Oud by Mona Di Orio

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

ComDiva, what a great present! I love fireflies, I hardly ever see them anymore.

I'm wearing Fresh Hesperides, needed some citrus today. I burned both dinners I tried to make on the electric stove (I have gas in Oregon and the Hawaii building doesn't have it) so I bought an induction range. Delivery isn't until August since I guess they come on a slow boat. I am hoping it's as responsive as gas.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Chanel No. 5 edt today. Little story: the bottle was purchased many years ago in Paris as a gift for my sister-in-law. This weekend, she gave the still full bottle to me because she's clearing out before a house move. Now, I've never cared for No. 5 either, but today is my second day wearing it and it's growing on me. BTW, I gave my SIL a nearly full bottle of Grand Soir "in exchange" because she likes amber. Ain't I nice?
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 Poudré by Chanel

Basenotes Institution

SOTE: Calligraphy Rose

queen of the universe

All the kind words are so appreciated. My primary care doc is a mensch, on vaca, but checked the xrays and ordered PT for my fussy shoulder. Rotator cuff, right side (formerly known as "bow arm"). Worst when I wake up, a raw and upsetting pain, and I am mystified at its onset, tho I think it was bad habits rather than an acute injury. Bad habit #1 is reading in bed, esp off my tablet. The other event was probably zoom tango lessons. Maintaining my "frame" without a partner for an hour probably cause strain. So, today, no piano, no bike ride, no weeding, no driving (I have a stick shift). Yes to Netflix. I plan to watch the final three episodes of Lupin, season 2. I was able to get an appt to see my pain mgt doc on Wednesday, hoping a cortisone shop will help. My sister the nurse admonishes me that time is the ultimate healer, and to count on a week per decade to recover. [sigh]

Zoologist again today, the last bit of Squid.

ComDiva your firefly post made my day. I haven't seen clouds of lightning bugs where I am in quite some time, tho I recall driving past the Polo Field in Chagrin Falls with mu kids when they were young one humid summer night and seeing acres of them just hovering over the grounds. Pure magic.
    Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
    Luxe, calme et volupté.

Baudelaire, L'Invitation au voyage

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTE

July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    My sister the nurse admonishes me that time is the ultimate healer, and to count on a week per decade to recover. [sigh]
    Ouch, there's a depressing thought. I'd be inclined to blame the tango pose; holding your arms aloft unsupported for an hour has gotta be stressful.

I gave myself all kinds of back trouble by the bad habit of resting my laptop on the coffee table while I sat on the couch, in that hunched over position to use the keyboard. Very bad idea.

Wishing teardrop and inespenees wonderful vacations! It’s a glorious sunny day here, wearing Bengale Rouge.

ComDiva, I have only seen fireflies once, in New Jersey, what a wonderful experience you must have had! As for your bottle issue, those older PdE bottles are prone to sprayer failure, I’ve had two die similarly. The only thing to do is pry the crimped top off and decant into a plain atomizer bottle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast