Code of Conduct

Default Creed empty bottle, boxes and even receipts?

I'm sure you've all seen them, various Creed (or other high end) empty bottles, boxes, even receipts.
    To me there can be only one, perhaps two reasons for buying them.

1/ Your collection is perhaps missing the box and papers and you want to remedy that... but empty bottles....err...ok.....why?
    or
    2/ You sell fakes and the empty bottles are part of the process, the cards and boxes also and even the receipts, as they will provide (false) proof of purchase from a reliable retailer. In other words, you buy the empty bottle and packaging and fill it up with some fake juice, and re-sell it based on the premise that you bought it originally, after all you have the receipt!!!

Perhaps I have it all wrong but it seems very dodgy to me.

Please do educate me?

Default Re: Creed empty bottle, boxes and even receipts?

Might as well be and I am afraid there is a market for that.

However, I, for example, am on the lookout for the big Tom Ford decanters because I find them visually appealing and would use them decoratively only. Like a nice display of the three blue ones would look killer.

So there’s a third reason. But I might be the minority (plus I can‘t find them anyways).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Personally can only understand the validity of wanting caps that might be missing from bottles.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally can only understand the validity of wanting caps that might be missing from bottles.
    That's usually the case when individuals buy the tester bottles. When you deplete the bottles the cap could be placed on another bottle.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

You'd be surprised. People collect all sorts of things. Bottle collecting is a hobby too. I have sold empty bottles before to a real estate agent for his showings. Apparently, people going to view million dollar homes can't resist the temptation of grabbing a Creed fragrance for themselves. I have had this happen to multiple friends who put their house on the market.

Even without the empty bottles and boxes market, the fakes market would keep on thriving amongst private buyers as well as sellers.

Basenotes Plus

As a lover of antiques and restoration there is a part of me that has always wanted to get, say an old Jicky bottle and fill it with more readily available Jicky, so i could wear it but use the old bottle. As creed bottles are pretty much decants now, since the tops are openable i could see putting multiple decants of something in a bottle to use. That would be dishonest to sell without disclosure though. I personally would rather wear the fragrance from the bottle it was intended to be sprayed out of. Caps are a must for me, and i like to have the boxes.
    Id assume a decent number of those bottles sold, if not sold to a trusted member of the community are probably filled with imitation juice. Second hand Creeds are only as reliable as the person who is selling them, as nose verfication also is hard when batch inconsistency is so predominent.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

There's currently a market for high-end boxes, receipts, etc. It's people on social media platforms that have accounts focused on the "fancy life", posing shots with bags and boxes from high-end retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian5701 View Post
    There's currently a market for high-end boxes, receipts, etc. It's people on social media platforms that have accounts focused on the "fancy life", posing shots with bags and boxes from high-end retail.
    So...very....very....sad.....

Without being an expert on the subject (although also not actively wishing to ever become one either) tending to believe that in some particular situations even outside fragrance communities like BN and also while assuming any backhanded/bad faith intentions are excluded, perhaps Creed fandom is that strong to justify even such extreme cases

I get requests all the time for the empty bottles from my decanting service. 95% of the time I absolutely will not sell my old bottles, I just dispose of them. Once in a while a Basenotes or a Fragrantica member will ask and I'll give them a SINGLE bottle only.

I firmly believe the majority of people asking is so they can refill them with counterfeit product. I wont contribute to that...
    Authorized reseller for Areej Le Dore and Bornikoff Fragrances along with various sized samples. Plus a ton of New and 95% Used Fragrances along with hundreds of Decants from Amouage, Bond No. 9, Creed, Dior, PDM, Tom Ford etc. fragnanimous.com
    Currently wearing: Hawas for Men by Rasasi

I was unaware people were soliciting these. I understand the desire for caps, but empty bottles, boxes and receipts sound nefarious to me.
    Especially receipts... I could possibly see desire for collecting bottles, maybe even boxes. But I have a tough time anyone wants to collect receipts.
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleCars View Post
    I firmly believe the majority of people asking is so they can refill them with counterfeit product.
    I agree.
    Current Winter Favorites:

1. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    2. Brückner - Aoud 1
    3. Creed - Royal Oud
    4. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Generation Man
    5. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    6. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    7. Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 - Mortal Skin
    8. Creed - Royal English Leather
    9. Creed - Bois du Portugal
    10. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I was unaware people were soliciting these. I understand the desire for caps, but empty bottles, boxes and receipts sound nefarious to me.
    Especially receipts... I could possibly see desire for collecting bottles, maybe even boxes. But I have a tough time anyone wants to collect receipts.
    Someone wanted me to send them a picture of the receipt for BR540, and paypal me $2 in return. Probably to show off to their posse? People have got all sorts of reasons for these, and selling a counterfeit is probably lower down the order. After all, why go through so much effort when you can strike a deal with Vladimir.

Basenotes Plus

there is no reason to want a reciept except for faking a purchase to try to sell a fake.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

I figured 100% for fakes.... but the impress people thing does make sense and some people will do lots of stupid things for the sake of image....

People have been collecting perfume bottles for decades (I do). I can imagine the Creed flacons would display well, though I can't personally say the same for their spray bottles, but that's just my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    there is no reason to want a reciept except for faking a purchase to try to sell a fake.
    Yeah, can't really imagine why someone would want a receipt, unless it's just to prove the items they're selling are authentic?

The receipt thing is a little weird as the ink fades after a while.

I know as I put receipts away for electric goods I have bought a year later to have them faded sometimes to just black paper.
    DONNA

misunderstood maverick

A lot of people collect empty bottles. I sold off my large collection, decades ago. Some, even had the boxes...
    ... "I hope the exit is joyful. And I hope never to return."... Frida Kahlo

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I agree, I'd only be interested in purchasing Creed caps to match my bottles. I could see someone who bought a tester also being interested in the box from the original, but for me I'd only care about the cap.
    Formerly known as BeardedBarbershopFan - Still have a beard and still a barbershop fan
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

I wouldn't be surprised. I see a vintage bottle of Guerlain's Mitsouko on eBay that is clearly filled with something that's not vintage Mitsouko. I've always been weary of that when it comes to opened vintage extraits.