Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Sport - which version is available at Sephora/Dillards

I thought that Sephora carried Dior Homme Sport 2017 but when I go to look at it on Fragrantica, it says not, but when I click on the Dior Homme Sport (2008?) it shows many places carry it.

the 2008 shows to be more highly thought of and appears to have more notes.

My wife likes the version I got at Sephora sprayed on my arm to compare it to DHC. I get some powdery floral but after a couple of hours, it is nice. It seems it projects more than DHC but that DHC has a nice, clean, simple smell

I am down to one of those two or Allure Homme Sport Cologne (but it has that celery-like note for a couple of hours but after that, nice citrus)

Default Re: Dior Homme Sport - which version is available at Sephora/Dillards

2017 is a lot different than 2008 and 2012, 2017 is what is currently sold at Sephora and Ulta etc.

Edit: it’s not bad just lacks the iris that the original 2008 and 2012 had in them 2017 opens with blood orange then drys down to creamy sandlewood along with a woody vetiver.
    Last edited by speckmann0706; 22nd June 2021 at 03:28 AM.
    Currently wearing: Voyage by Nautica

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    2017 is a lot different that 2008 and 2012, 2017 is what is currently sold at Sephora and Ulta etc.
    Thank you. It would appear that Fragrantica has not really updated the places where sold for 2017 and that year is not as highly rated as 2008

2017 is the current iteration available. 2008 formulation is my favorite by far.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    2017 is what is currently sold at Sephora
    This is correct.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

2008 is now a rare masterpiece, you can't buy it in Sephora or any other retailer.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Basenotes Plus

Dior Homme Sport is fine, but i find it very short lived. If it had average longevity id have bought a bottle at some point. They are everywhere second hand that ive seen.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Dior Homme Sport is fine, but i find it very short lived. If it had average longevity id have bought a bottle at some point. They are everywhere second hand that ive seen.
    I got the 2017. version recently and I have to admit that the performance is rather poor.