So between these:

Dior Eau Sauvage edt
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne
    Dior Homme Sport
    Dior Homme Cologne

Best scent overall of these three
    Best performing scent of these three

Smell wise, I like DHC and the Chanel best then the Eau Sauvage
    Performance, about equal for the Chanel and the DHS but DHC is not far behind. Eau Sauvage really stinks

I had Chanel AHEB but for the life of me it did not project. And the lemon started to fade after an hour. Disappointing, but it may work for others. It did become a skin scent of like 6 hours. I felt like DHC out performed it

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Down to my Final Four

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Smell wise, I like DHC and the Chanel best
    I've sampled those two a fair amount and like them.

These are the citrus "colognes" I have:

513B2123-8C44-4363-8C60-798E5E8748B1.jpg

The Guerlain is my favorite. The Roger and Gallet has a little more going on (more of a vintage style with some extra notes) than the straight lemonade vibe from Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne and the Guerlain. Dior Homme Cologne has a little funk that makes it interesting to me on some days, and puts me off on some days.

I wore the Guerlain back in the day. Wife has it narrowed to those four. They are available locally and she is tired of smelling scents. She settles on something for herself very easily and has only like 3, or 4 she wears.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Happen to have and like all four but prefer Eau Sauvage
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I am still using the three 2019 Summer fragrances from Louis Vuitton --- they are amazing

Out of your list, DHC is a beast on me and I would try again with Edition Blanche as a back-up. They are different enough imo.

The Chanel. My wife loves that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern;5201565}\
    I would try again with Edition Blanche as a back-up. They are different enough imo.
    I have worn AHEB three times. Each time it barely projects and stays so close to the skin for like 6 hours. Wife said to her it was one of the weakest on me she has tried to smell

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    The Chanel. My wife loves that one.
    Im thinking it is the Allure Homme Sport Cologne or the Dior Homme Cologne. Just cant decide

With Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP try spraying your clothes this one really sticks to clothing always performed well for me with 4-5 sprays!

Dior Homme Cologne
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Eau Sauvage is in a league of it’s own scentwise, in vintage form for me. The current version is missing oakmoss, doesn’t smell as good to me and doesn’t perform as well due to that same lack of oakmoss.

DHC is effervescent and crisp and performs great off of my skin. May be different for others.

I could never recommend DHS...would feel dirty if I did and would then need to take several showers to somehow feel clean afterward.

I would recommend Acqua di Parma Essenza as an alternative to the ones already mentioned though.
    Currently enjoying

Bois du Portugal / Aventus / Pour Monsieur / Boss Number One (current)
    Sagamore (vintage) / Drakkar Noir / Bright Neroli / Cool Water (vintage)
    Patrick / Allure Homme / Jazz Club / YSL Pour Homme HC

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

So between these:

Dior Eau Sauvage edt
    Dior Homme Sport
    Dior Homme Cologne

Best scent overall of these three
    Best performing scent of these three

Smell wise, I like DHC and the Chanel best then the Eau Sauvage
    Performance, about equal for the Chanel and the DHS but DHC is not far behind. Eau Sauvage really stinks

I had Chanel AHEB but for the life of me it did not project. And the lemon started to fade after an hour. Disappointing, but it may work for others. It did become a skin scent of like 6 hours. I felt like DHC out performed it
    Smell -

Eau Sauvage
    Dior Homme Cologne
    Allure Homme Sport Cologne

Performance -

Allure Homme Sport Cologne
    Dior Homme Cologne
    Dior Homme Sport
    July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

If you like the smell of Eau Sauvage then you should check Robert Piguet Cravache - superior perfomance(and I would say smell), can often be found discounted. Imo, better than all those the op listed.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdan View Post
    If you like the smell of Eau Sauvage then you should check Robert Piguet Cravache - superior perfomance(and I would say smell), can often be found discounted. Imo, better than all those the op listed.
    Well, I could but Wife wants to go locally to purchase. Nothing from Fragrancenet. She is tired of smelling strips or smelling my arm. This is a gift she wants to give me. So its to Macys or Dillards or Sephora.

Out of these, Eau Sauvage EDT is the absolute personal favorite, closely followed by Chanel AHS as more than respectable second/alternative option

Basenotes Plus

Dior Homme Cologne would be my choice here.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Out of these, Eau Sauvage EDT is the absolute personal favorite, closely followed by Chanel AHS as more than respectable second/alternative option
    AHS or the Sport Cologne ?

Dependent

I have worn AHEB three times. Each time it barely projects and stays so close to the skin for like 6 hours.
    AHEB doesn't perform on *anybody* man. Its just, a very subtle scent, period.

If I were you, I would get Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. Smell - excellent. Performance - outstanding. Done.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar

Im thinking it is the Allure Homme Sport Cologne or the Dior Homme Cologne. Just cant decide
    Have you smelled your skin where you spray, after around 6 hours have passed? I like the citruses used in DHC, but the base smells cheap and synthetic to me, like fake wood (which is odd since they list musk in the notes, but notes are just marketing. Notes aren't ingredients).

Before making your decision, my advice would be to make sure you judged the base of each after the top & heart notes have faded (well, DHC has no heart notes. It's mostly just citrus over that fake wood aroma chemical). If DHC had used a better base, it would be a winner for me.... but, nope.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Boy Chanel
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    APOM
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Opus 1870
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tabac Rouge
    Interlude Man
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Aqua Celestia
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer

I've smelled the Dior's and own 2 of them. I'd rank them Eau Sauvage, Dior Homme Cologne, then Dior Homme Sport. All are perfectly nice, but I love the vibe of Eau Sauvage the best. It performs decent if you add a couple sprays to your shirt.
    Formerly known as BeardedBarbershopFan - Still have a beard and still a barbershop fan
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolScents View Post
    I've smelled the Dior's and own 2 of them. I'd rank them Eau Sauvage, Dior Homme Cologne, then Dior Homme Sport. All are perfectly nice, but I love the vibe of Eau Sauvage the best. It performs decent if you add a couple sprays to your shirt.
    I went to Dillards today and sprayed on the Chanel and the Dior Homme Cologne . The Chanel projects twice as much as the Dior and yes I do get that Woody type of base. Of the two I prefer the Chanel. I am going to revisit the Eau Sauvage

Today AHSC went up against DHC. Dior won. Slightly less projection. Better smell. Out of the gate the Chanel had that louvage note which pre-dominated. After about 90 minutes it settle down but after about three hours I prefer the smell of the Dior and they project about the same, that is, I have to get up close to my arm to be able to smell them so that’s why I say that Dior wins.

Tomorrow I’ll do DHC and The Eau Sauvage.
    Last edited by finsfan; 23rd June 2021 at 12:26 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Dior Homme Cologne

Dior Eau Sauvage EDT
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Today I am wearing the last bit of samples from Sephora. Right forearm near elbow is Dior Homme Cologne. On opposite forearm near elbow is the Dior Eau Sauvage edt. Out of the gate the ES projects more and is a brighter smell. I am preferring it and if it lasts and projects as well as the DHC, that is my pick

I am testing on my forearm near my wrist Allure Homme Edition Blanche. Not as bright as ES but moreso than DHC

Edit: I went ahead and got a 3.4 ounce tester from Gift Express of the Eau Sauvage. Almost three hours after I put it on, it projects as well as or more than the Dior Homme Cologne and outperforms AHEB. And the smell is so bright. When you compare them to each other by spraying it on parts of the arm, the citrus of ES stands out

Thanks all for commenting
    Last edited by finsfan; 23rd June 2021 at 04:30 PM.

AHS or the Sport Cologne ?

Either anyway given their performance and value for money, with an even slighter personal preference and recommendation (though still acknowledging both as equally good) in favor of AHS

T

Edit: I went ahead and got a 3.4 ounce tester from Gift Express of the Eau Sauvage. Almost three hours after I put it on, it projects as well as or more than the Dior Homme Cologne and outperforms AHEB. And the smell is so bright. When you compare them to each other by spraying it on parts of the arm, the citrus of ES stands out

You made a fine choice. Enjoy
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I went ahead and got a 3.4 ounce tester from Gift Express of the Eau Sauvage.
    Congrats!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I went ahead and got a 3.4 ounce tester from Gift Express of the Eau Sauvage. Almost three hours after I put it on, it projects as well as or more than the Dior Homme Cologne and outperforms AHEB. And the smell is so bright. When you compare them to each other by spraying it on parts of the arm, the citrus of ES stands out

Congrats and hope you enjoy it.
    Currently enjoying

Bois du Portugal / Aventus / Pour Monsieur / Boss Number One (current)
    Sagamore (vintage) / Drakkar Noir / Bright Neroli / Cool Water (vintage)
    Patrick / Allure Homme / Jazz Club / YSL Pour Homme HC

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    AHEB doesn't perform on *anybody* man. Its just, a very subtle scent, period.

If I were you, I would get Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. Smell - excellent. Performance - outstanding. Done.
    I found the opposite to be true for me.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage