Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Wednesday, 23rd June, 2021

Scent of the Day Thread for Wednesday, 23rd June, 2021

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Tuesday, 22nd June, 2021 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Tuesday, 22nd June, 2021 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Fraîcheur Muskissime by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 23rd June, 2021

# 702 by Bon Parfumeur

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

GIT

Dependent

------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

25th day of Creed Virgin Island Water
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Still chilly here this morning, but we have blue skies & sunshine, so hopefully it'll warm up a little. l'm enjoying the holiday vibe of Demeter's Pistachio lce Cream today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Wednesday, 23rd June, 2021

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

teardrop, I am envying the chilly morning of yours!

29 C (84 F) here right now, and it's not yet noon, another day with +30-ish temperatures.
    I'm sitting with a damp cloth over my shoulders and contemplating a cold water bucket to keep my legs in, too (did that yesterday). It's impossible to think and to work

I went to meet some old friends yesterday, and decided to put on a just washed and still wet dress (it was black, so it doesn't matter that it's wet). It was my best decision that day.

Shalimar Cologne is trying to help me right now.
    Currently wearing: Alaïa by Azzedine Alaïa

Hello all.

Perfume Parlour version of Bamboo Harmony.
    DONNA

Grossmith Golden Chypre from a sample pack of Chypres from Bloom.

Yay! At last a chypre!!! Previous testing from this sample pack has been bitterly disappointing.

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. ClockworkAlice, that sounds so uncomfortable, do try and stay as cool as you can.

Rykiel Rose today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone and thanks for the Holiday well wishes yesterday So far I haven't made any real plans. My Mom is still here and I might go visit her for a few days too. The weather is cloudy, but quite warm (18ish celsius) Sotd is TDC Bois d'iris.

Between two pine trees

Default SOTD: Wednesday, 23rd June, 2021

Good morning, everyone!

I’m wearing the bright and irrepressibly cheery Profumum Neroli.

I love the wet black dress CwA! Now that’s creative! I hope the evening brings some cooler temps for you.
    Currently wearing: Ella by Arquiste

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

July Rotation

Allure Homme Sport Cologne / Etruscan Water / Kouros / Insensé / Cuiron / Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
    Le 3me Homme de Caron / Sel Marin / Bes Respiro EdT / Aqua Amara / Acqua di Gio Profumo / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Maharadjah by Nicolaï

Polo (Cosmair)

Blog Entries

Clockwork, l hope things cool down a little for you!

The temps here are in the low 20s centigrade now, which is just perfect for me.

l've crossed a lot of things off my to-do list already this week, & now l'm relaxing in Jasmin Full.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

misunderstood maverick

I'm wearing Les Nombres d'Or: Musc by Mona di Orio.

Best wishes, all!
    ... "I hope the exit is joyful. And I hope never to return."... Frida Kahlo

Another warm sunny day, high twenties! Wearing Cartier L’Heure Défendue. Love that patch/iris/cocoa vibe.

Sillage Monster

I'm wearing Chanel Jersey. I find it addictive.

Update: I switched to No. 5 at the last second. I should never post until I actually apply. Spraying is the moment of truth.
    Last edited by Trilby Lark; 23rd June 2021 at 07:11 PM.
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    29 C (84 F) here right now, and it's not yet noon, another day with +30-ish temperatures.
    I'm sitting with a damp cloth over my shoulders and contemplating a cold water bucket to keep my legs in, too (did that yesterday).
    Isn't perspective an interesting thing? We have the exact same temperatures here, but we're all going "Gee, isn't it nice to get a little cool-down after all that heat?"

Alice, I guess you need to join Jon and I in the Bizarro Seasonal Affective Disorder Club. (We get cranky and slightly depressed in the summer rather than the winter.)

Given our (relative) cool spell, I thought I'd sneak in a slightly heavy hitter before the heat returns in a couple of days:

Niki de Saint Phalle

NikiDeSaintPhalle_EDT_4oz.jpg

Hi, everyone -

After days of scorching heat and repressive humidity, it rained late yesterday afternoon and now it's gorgeous, sunny, and verging on chilly for almost July (low-to-mid 70s F and low 20sC). Planning to go kayaking later.

Today's SOTD is an oldie but goodie: Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Echo. Warm, sweet and spicy - an bit of an odd choice for today, but given the cool-off, pretty nice!

Wonderful Wednesday to all...

Echo notes: Amber, Ambergris, Atlas Cedarwood, Bergamot, Brown Oakmoss, Bulgarian Rose Absolute, Carnation, East Indian Patchouli, Fossilized Amber Resin, French Beeswax, Grandiflorum Jasmine, Labdanum, Neroli, Ozone, Petitgrain, Pine Moss, Siam Benzoin.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

The Washington Post is saying the PNW is in for an historic heat wave, with temps up to 110F in Portland. Maybe I should have stayed in Hawaii; 88 is hot, but the wind blows all the time so it feels cooler. Here the heat just sits on you, and dries out the greenery which makes for an earlier and more awful fire season. The scents that make me feel cooler are incenses and citruses, so I'm wearing Jour again today and probably Mediterraneo tomorrow. I am tempted to go get some Jean Nate, such a refreshing splash as Cook.bot reminded me the other day.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Basenotes Plus

Clockwork - that makes me think of how it is here when we get a hurricane in Summer, that knocks out the power, and we have no A/C. It's dreadful

I didn't sleep good at all last night. I'm cranky. Wearing:

Mouchoir de Monsieur by Guerlain

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

SOTE: Gatsby by Pacoma

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Congrats to teardrop on her upcoming 19K milestone post

Going with Creed Aubepine Acacia this evening
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Isn't perspective an interesting thing? We have the exact same temperatures here, but we're all going "Gee, isn't it nice to get a little cool-down after all that heat?"

Alice, I guess you need to join Jon and I in the Bizarro Seasonal Affective Disorder Club. (We get cranky and slightly depressed in the summer rather than the winter.)

Given our (relative) cool spell, I thought I'd sneak in a slightly heavy hitter before the heat returns in a couple of days:

Niki de Saint Phalle

NikiDeSaintPhalle_EDT_4oz.jpg
    Yeah, you got it so much worse!

Now I can hear a thunderstorm brewing outside, so it will bring some needed rain and cooldown too

Thanks for invitation to the club! Yeah, I don't stand the heat too well but I'm actually my happiest in summer. It's just that I don't have AC neither at home nor at work. But we went to the lake today after work and it was just perfect. Even heat was nice near the water. I adore summer. When we have so little of it I shouldn't even complain about heat. It's just that summer is nicest when you're idle, working in the heat is hell. I miss 3 months of summer holidays so much!
    Currently wearing: Alaïa by Azzedine Alaïa

Blog Entries

Thanks, N.CAL!

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    I am tempted to go get some Jean Nate, such a refreshing splash as Cook.bot reminded me the other day.
    Do it! Just don't get the new Revlon-made stuff, it's vile. (Trilby Lark might mutter "More vile.")

Summer before last I also bought a case (12 bottles for $20) of Florida Water splash tonic that I also use all summer, and even spray it on the filter of my airconditioning system. It's more spice-based and less citrusy than Jean Nate:

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post

Now I can hear a thunderstorm brewing outside, so it will bring some needed rain and cooldown too

Thanks for invitation to the club! Yeah, I don't stand the heat too well but I'm actually my happiest in summer. It's just that I don't have AC neither at home nor at work. But we went to the lake today after work and it was just perfect. Even heat was nice near the water. I adore summer. When we have so little of it I shouldn't even complain about heat. It's just that summer is nicest when you're idle, working in the heat is hell. I miss 3 months of summer holidays so much!
    I don't have AC either. It's actually worse in the evenings since my house has so much insulation which keeps the heat in for sometime. I really can't sleep once the weather reaches the 40s (triple digit temperatures). We have the wildfires and droughts, it's gotten pretty bad in recent years.

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Do it! Just don't get the new Revlon-made stuff, it's vile. (Trilby Lark might mutter "More vile.")
    I saw that! Yes, more vile (if possible).
    Avatar: the late, great Janis Joplin. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast