Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Dior Vanilla Diorama

New Maison Dior, supposedly releasing soon.

Sebastian was the first I heard mention it back in May (along with Sole Bigarade) & now pics have surfaced online & Facebook.

Notes:

Top-Lemon, Orange, Pink Pepper

Heart-Rum, Cocoa, Cardamom

Base-Sandalwood, Patchouly, Vanilla
    Make It Happen!

Current Top 10 Of All Time
    1.Encens Mythique d’Orient
    2.L’Heure Perdue XI
    3.Le Monarque II/Sultanate Of Oman/Pierre de Velay No. 1/Black Cashmere/Pearl Moon/Semi Bespoke 21/Parfum Royale No.1
    4.Candy Aoud/(Dior) Vetiver/Santal Noir/Great Britain/Correspondence/Dasman/Symphonium/Al-Khatt/Nuit de Bekelite/Richwood
    5.Les Sables Roses/Mon Patchouly/1996/EL/Vision In A Dream Psychedelic/Argentium Halo De Lune/Torc/FDB Velvet Amber
    6.L’Heure Mysterieuse XII/Au Hasard/#laislablanca/ Luci Ed Ombre/Tabac Rose/Russian Tea/Oud & Ambre/Oud & Pink
    7.Opus VI/Prolixe/Jump Up & Kiss Me Hedonistic/Alseif
    8.Le Monarque III/V/MAAI/Malesia/Absolue Pour le Soir/Ganymede
    9.Fetish Parfum Pour Homme/Dhajala
    10.Cuir Intense

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Dior Vanilla Diorama

Sure blind buy for me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

Like the notes in this one. A sample for sure.

Oh wow. This sounds like it has potential. I just texted my SA about it. I wonder if I'll run into it while I'm traveling next month.
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

My SA at Saks just texted me to let me know that they should have Vanilla Diorama for the fall.

I'm curious about this one, notes sound interesting.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    My SA at Saks just texted me to let me know that they should have Vanilla Diorama for the fall.
    Thanks for this info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Those notes look good, and I like the concept.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Default *NEW* Vanilla Diorama (2021)

Perfumer
    François Demachy
    Fragrance Notes
    Lemon , Orange, Pink pepper, Cardamom, Bourbon vanilla, Rum, Cocoa, Sandalwood, Patchouli

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: *NEW* Vanilla Diorama (2021)

Sounds great, nice clean juice color, hopefully a very wearable gourmand. I'm sure I'll sample it once available

This is not available on Dior’s French website yet.

Diorama from the line Les creations de Monsieur Dior is still on the website. I hope they don’t discontinue it as I am quite found of it.
    Currently wearing: Classic Chypre by Esteban

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Parfum de peau View Post
    This is not available on Dior’s French website yet.

Diorama from the line Les creations de Monsieur Dior is still on the website. I hope they don’t discontinue it as I am quite found of it.
    Diorama is an amazing perfume. Will be a shame if discontinued.
    September Rotation

Cuir d'Ange / Etruscan Water / Carnal Flower / Bel Ami Vetiver / Vetiver Extraordinaire / Christopher Street
    Caron Third Man / Baie de Genievre / Cuiron / Rive Gauche pour Homme / Bois d'Armenie / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Nanban by Arquiste

I'm hoping this is a winner!
    Currently wearing: Kuwait by Roja Dove

Common Lackey

Even though the combo of rum/cocoa/cardamom sounds appealing, I despair of what Dior is doing to its traditional pillars.
    Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
    Just keep going. No feeling is final.

--Rainer Maria Rilke

Basenotes Plus

I don't like most vanilla notes. I am not interested. Sad. I was excited for tobacco, then it ends up being sweety, (though I'll try it at some point), then followed up with a vanilla sweety. Seems beneath them, but maybe I underestimated the height of their bottom. Ultimately there will probably be a lot of people who like this, it is just not a release aimed for me. I hope it is done well, as I'm a Dior guy.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Zizan by Ormonde Jayne

Vanilla Diorama sounds really good.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-28 at 10.32.43 AM.jpg

Iris based gourmands are played out.

Vanilla Diorama sounds really good.
    It does. Very much looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldWineMemories View Post
    Iris based gourmands are played out.
    Well...okay. I'm not sure why you're choosing to bring that up here, though.

My SA at Saks got a preview of Vanilla Diorama this weekend. She wanted to get me a sample, but they didn't have any; however, she was able to spray some on a card for me. From what I can tell, Vanilla Diorama is pretty similar to Feve Delicieuse, except without the spiciness of Feve Delicieuse and with more of a powdery, musky base. Upon my first whiff of the card, it seemed very gourmand. I got sort of the effect of caramel.

I'll definitely try this on skin when I get the chance, but so far, I think Feve Delicieuse is better and more interesting.

She also said they were expecting Vanilla Diorama in store in August and then Tobacolor in September.

great notes.

From the notes listed, I'm curious to know if there's some similarities to scents like Chanel Coromandel or Carner Barcelona D600. I'm speculating on notes.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    From the notes listed, I'm curious to know if there's some similarities to scents like Chanel Coromandel or Carner Barcelona D600. I'm speculating on notes.
    It doesn't remind me of either, though it's been a while since I've gotten a nose on D600.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

My SA at Saks got a preview of Vanilla Diorama this weekend. She wanted to get me a sample, but they didn't have any; however, she was able to spray some on a card for me. From what I can tell, Vanilla Diorama is pretty similar to Feve Delicieuse, except without the spiciness of Feve Delicieuse and with more of a powdery, musky base. Upon my first whiff of the card, it seemed very gourmand. I got sort of the effect of caramel.
    Sounds good to me.

Okay, so my SA at Saks let me know that they received the Vanilla Diorama tester in, so I went in to check it out and grab a sample that she had for me.

This is better on skin than on paper, and there is definitely a powder-y, muskiness to it, though musk is not listed as a note. There are hints of Mitzah and Feve Delicieuse at times. It's really not as sweet as I was expecting based on the notes.

I definitely like it, though I'm not sure how much given the overlap that exists with other Diors that i already own.

She said they were taking pre-orders for it and are expecting a shipment by the end of next week. Tobacolor will follow maybe a month later, so I think I'm gonna wait to see how I like that one in comparison.

Just received my bottle today. Fantastic vanilla fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Just received my bottle today. Fantastic vanilla fragrance.
    It's definitely nice. It reminded me at times of a less spicy version of Musc Ravageur.

My bottle is on the way. Ordered it yesterday from Saks (called in). They were running a buy more save more sale so it was $50 off. I haven't had a chance to smell it but I like what I've heard.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Even though the combo of rum/cocoa/cardamom sounds appealing, I despair of what Dior is doing to its traditional pillars.
    Me too
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood
    Currently wearing: Meteor by Coty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast