Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Blog Entries

Default Sample of the Day - July 2021

Looking forward to another great month of reading your impressions, folks!

Finally l have a new batch of samples to try, so l'll be joining in myself as well.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Fig-Tea by NicolaÔ

Iím not old, Iím vintage.

Default Re: Sample of the Day - July 2021

609C9581-0D8C-4E37-BA10-5130D62A0203.jpg

TRNP - Honey Amber

Notes: night-blooming jasmine, frangipani, hand-tinctured vanilla beans, labdanum, benzoin, Virginian cedarwood

15% of profits go toward protecting bees

With all my grousing about amber, I should grudgingly concede that this is a pretty good one, and then move along. But I won't, because this is a really good one. You would think a "luminous floral amber" with "honey" in the name would border on the sort of Werther's caramel accord that make me roll my eyes. But TR's amber is more mature and sophisticated than that. Some of this is no doubt due to those luminous flowers (TR likens HA to "frangipanis on velvet"), but my money is on the labdanum and cedar that ground the base in something earthier than mere vanilla, hand-tinctured or not.

Perhaps the joke is on me, and this is the base in Jacques (see my comments in Sample of the Day - June 2021), but Honey Amber takes my nose to a better place than Jacques does. If I want Shalimar, I'll go for the gnarly deep vintage parfum, not the prettified ode to its creator. If I want amber, this would be on my shortlist.

Taking a break from TRNP for the Friday Polge sync. Up first:

4226AB37-F28A-4BA6-9558-04EAD00EF7F8.jpg

Chanel - Boy Chanel (Olivier Polge & Christopher Sheldrake)

Grapefruit wallpaper fougŤre. My dryer sheets smell better. Next!

Basenotes Member

Hendley Perfumes - Fume

Opens with a big lapsang souchong shout that quickly subsides to a smokey (cypriol?) fir + oakmoss accord. There might be an aldehyde lift in here somewhere too as the main accord is reminiscent of CDG 2 Man, but that could just be the cypriol. Artistic, but wearable.

Hendley reminds me of Tauer in a good way. His scents are universally well blended, have interesting accords, and for lack of a better word "float." Unlike some indie creations Hendley's compositions have a spaciousness to them and don't collapse under the weight of their raw materials into something that, while sometimes interesting, is muddy and unwearable. Top tier stuff, eager to sample more of it soon.

Thanks for the Fume review, Rinx7. Hendley does intrigue as a house.

I followed up Boy with some other Chanel Exclusifs, detailed in the Friday Sync thread. Briefly, thumbs down on 31 Rue Cambon, thumbs up on Bois des őles EdP and Coromandel EdT. July 4th weekend went to a pair of my favorites American classics from Geoffrey Beene (in their original formulations), Bowling Green and Grey Flannel.

Aaaaaand, we’re back for more Teone Reinthal!

1C42A49A-46A6-457C-959E-A9A5C8764A0B.jpg

TRNP - Nefertum

The name is a reference to the blue lotus featured here as a note. Nefertum was an Egyptian god embodied in the blue lotus. The TRNP page on Nefertum describes a scene of priestesses leading ritual worship of the goddess Sekhmet, mother of Nefertum (and calls Nefertum a “Hathorian elixir” after Hathor, mother of Sekhmet), which could be why this got categorized as a feminine in the BN directory. But there’s nothing specifically feminine about Nefertum the fragrance, much less the god.

In any case, after wearing this, I’m not sure if I’d recognize the scent of blue lotus if it gave me a Father’s Day card, but that’s of little consequence. The array of spices, rose, incense, and Mysore sandalwood would likely win me over even if the principle note was durian. It’s an “oriental” without the amber, and that’s damn near the axle in my wheelhouse. I await the drydown for a final assessment, as TRNP always offers a journey. Meanwhile, we’re off to a great start.

Something that seems like it might be blue lotus (since I didn't recognize it as any of the other notes) did finally arise, and it's quite wonderful. Nefertum is one of my favorite TRNPs thus far!
    Last edited by PStoller; 6th July 2021 at 01:09 AM.

B95C9420-03DA-4348-AF53-D970661570C0.jpg

TRNP - East

Notes: ginger lily, jasmine sambac, cedarwood (Moroccan, Atlas and Virginian), aged premium Sumatran patchouli, Mysore sandalwood

Reinthal’s narrative is of a silk shawl sent west on the proverbial slow boat from China in a cedar chest with patchouli as a moth repellent and sandalwood as “the quintessential incense of the East.” An orientalist fantasy, to be sure, but a seductive one. Narrative aside, this opens as a glorious cedar scent that avoids the searing sawdust tone of modernist cedars in favor of lush, living woods. So, off I go on TR’s slow boat to see where it takes me.

PG Aomassai. Tried this at least once before and liked it, and liking it this time. Seems like one that you will find new facets with additional wearings. It's a riff on the sweet/bitter gourmand thing and I like it as it leans more to the dark side like a dark chocolate. Got chocolate/toasted hazelnut and the coffee, but surprised reading the notes many hours after putting it on that it is claimed as primarily a coffee scent. Several notes kind of lean to coffee but didn't find it front and center. It also lists bitter orange which I usually quite like and didn't notice.... and caramel, which I can see, but picked up more hazelnut or chocolate. This started a bit loud but settled quickly, and becomes more of a skin scent than expected from the beginning. But it stays strong up close. This really hits the sweet spot of the sweet/dark not sweet balance, there seem to be quite a few attempting it but only a few that really work for me......
    Currently wearing: Dťclaration by Cartier

054D1189-790D-413B-BADD-43B82C729E43.jpg

TRNP - Aguru

Notes: 2 varieties of Hindi oud, Vietnamese oud, saffron, labdanum, oakmoss, Mysore, tobacco, myrrh, ambrette seed

I approach Aguru with some trepidation, as 1) a “mixed oud bouquet” might turn out to be anything, and 2) ambrette in too high a concentration is shaping up to be my deal-breaker. OTOH, TR promises this is a “densely green chypre,” which is totally my jam. I’m headed out to run public errands, so I’ll save the dousing for when I get home, both so I can give it my full attention and so no one else has to.

Finally back home, I'm starting my Aguru experience. So far, "densely green chypre" is on the money, and if oud is the star, then ambrette is a supporting player without a speaking part. My experience with TRNP tells me to give this a few hours to really grasp what's going on. So far, though, this is a big, fat rejoinder to anyone who says, "they don't make them like that anymore." To paraphrase Chris Rock, this isn't rich; its wealthy.

While the balance of the ouds, saffron, and tobacco shifts over the long life of the fragrance, Aguru never visits the barnyard or succumbs to ambrette-driven sweetness. It’s not surprising that TR classifies it as autumnal, since the weight of it is like a cable knit merino wool sweater. Thank goodness for air conditioning! I’ll be using up this splendid sample for sure—but not before October.
    Last edited by PStoller; 8th July 2021 at 08:38 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Bottega Veneta Illusione For Her

A beautifully-done fig scent with salty and woody facets, a touch of fruit, and a citrus opening. It absolutely channels the Mediterranean in the best way, and leans more feminine than other fig scents like Philosykos. Lovely for summer, and longevity is decent given this is not a heavy scent.

Definitely worth trying if you like fig or Mediterranean-inspired scents.

EDIT: My spouse could smell it as soon as he came downstairs, so clearly the sillage with this one is more powerful than I thought.

9587CEC4-6B49-4ED6-940F-0692EDDD9E1C.jpg

TRNP - Bitter Sweet

Notes: bitter orange, cardamom, hand-tinctured cacao, cacao absolute, Venezuelan tonka, hand-tinctured vanilla planifolia, TRNP amber accord*, Mysore sandalwood, coffee absolute

*The Moroccan amber TR used for Bitter Sweet turned out to have some ambroxan in it

TR’s “scent-sketch of 2020” is intended as an olfactory commentary on the ups and downs of a difficult year. As such, "Bitter Sweet" is an apt name. The barely-sweetened cacao renders the name more literally. Do those things connect?

Here, we run into the tricky subject of perfumers' narratives. In the case of most designer frags, narratives are the work of copywriters who may never have even smelled the fragrance, much less discussed intent with perfumers who worked from a brief that—in all likelihood—bears no relationship to the ad campaign. Certainly, there are exceptions, as with Hedi Slimane's firm hand at Celine. But stories that reflect the creative process of the perfumer are more the province of niche, and especially artisanal, perfumery.

There's no question that TR speaks of her own vision. The problem for me is, I'm not smelling the realization of it. Bitter Sweet is, instead, a dusty cocoa-coffee concoction, a bone-dry gourmand more desert than dessert. It is easily the flattest of the TRNPs I have tested; and while that could be a commentary in itself, it's far from the one TR describes. I grant you, attempting a scent that "laments of bitter losses and life lessons, and…whispers of love, and the sweetness of new beginnings" arising from a time of plague is asking a lot of oneself, even for a perfumer of Reinthal's talents.

TR is a greater artist with perfume than prose, but that's not the issue here. Rather, I suspect, it's simply too soon. She has already proven to be a perfumer who reflects, revisits, and reworks her creations to good effect. This is a concept that could benefit from that process: Bitter Sweet 2025 might be all the current iteration strives to be.
    Last edited by PStoller; 8th July 2021 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinx7 View Post
    Hendley Perfumes - Fume

Opens with a big lapsang souchong shout that quickly subsides to a smokey (cypriol?) fir + oakmoss accord. There might be an aldehyde lift in here somewhere too as the main accord is reminiscent of CDG 2 Man, but that could just be the cypriol. Artistic, but wearable.

Hendley reminds me of Tauer in a good way. His scents are universally well blended, have interesting accords, and for lack of a better word "float." Unlike some indie creations Hendley's compositions have a spaciousness to them and don't collapse under the weight of their raw materials into something that, while sometimes interesting, is muddy and unwearable. Top tier stuff, eager to sample more of it soon.

Your first sentence makes this sound very good!! Will have to add it to the list to try sometime....

Quote Originally Posted by Wingie View Post
    Bottega Veneta Illusione For Her

A beautifully-done fig scent with salty and woody facets, a touch of fruit, and a citrus opening. It absolutely channels the Mediterranean in the best way, and leans more feminine than other fig scents like Philosykos. Lovely for summer, and longevity is decent given this is not a heavy scent.

Definitely worth trying if you like fig or Mediterranean-inspired scents.

EDIT: My spouse could smell it as soon as he came downstairs, so clearly the sillage with this one is more powerful than I thought.

Found this interesting as I don't recall the men's version having any fig at all. Maybe assuming a common "core" is too much even if the name is shared. (I picked up the mens as had a chance to get it cheap and huge fan of the regular PH and PH extreme..... have not had enough wearings yet but pretty sure no fig in sight)....
    Currently wearing: Dťclaration by Cartier

2D257180-2016-4992-8129-C5EF9716B624.jpg

TRNP - Irises

Notes: bergamot, jasmine grandiflorum, Virginian cedarwood, orris root, violet leaf, linden blossoms, hyacinth, Haitian vetiver, oakmoss, labdanum, patchouli, Mysore sandalwood, Venezuelan tonka beans
    “This is a disgruntled 1950s Hollywood diva shouting into a bakelite telephone.” – Teone Reinthal

This goes on like dark lipstick on a haughty scowl. I can’t wait for the plot to thicken.

Not sure plot-thickening is exactly what happens, but this is still a va-va-voom, vintage-style winner. Thank goodness my set from Swoleosis came with an extra sample of Irises.
    Last edited by PStoller; 11th July 2021 at 12:49 AM.

537EB85B-461D-4742-A541-73A07B9F151D.jpg

TRNP - Mokaya

Notes: hand-tinctured organic cacao, hand-tinctured vanilla planifolia, tobacco, orange blossom, jasmine sambac, cassie absolute, orris root, Sumatran patchouli

TR calls this “a study in dark, earthy scents” and a gourmand. It is certainly the former, while perhaps only nominally the latter, as it hasn’t the sweet edibility associated with the genre. In the same ballpark as Bitter Sweet, but with the dimension I found lacking in that. Perhaps not good enough to eat, but sure as hell good enough to wear.
    Last edited by PStoller; 12th July 2021 at 12:24 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by woodnotes55 View Post
    Found this interesting as I don't recall the men's version having any fig at all. Maybe assuming a common "core" is too much even if the name is shared. (I picked up the mens as had a chance to get it cheap and huge fan of the regular PH and PH extreme..... have not had enough wearings yet but pretty sure no fig in sight)....
    The men's version doesn't seem to have any fig listed, while the women's does. In fact the notes for each seem to be quite different, so I think you were correct in speculating that they are different fragrances, though both seem intended to be warm weather scents. The perfumers are also different for each - it's quite possible they got the same 'brief', but interpreted/executed it in different ways.

9F3DB140-B8D8-425E-896D-5008C6F976C1.jpg

TRNP - The Path

Notes: fir needle, black spruce, elemi, Texas cedarwood, styrax absolute, labdanum, Mysore sandalwood, Haitian vetiver, Vietnamese oud

”Originally intended as a new batch of Black Spruce, this composition wandered off that map and ventured into deeper, denser territory. It shares some of the core ingredients of Black Spruce, but this is blended with crisper definition, a steadier hand, and much more oud.” – TR

Screw the details. Sublime stuff. Buy some.
    Last edited by PStoller; 12th July 2021 at 08:57 PM.

EA42562B-7D27-4366-9FA8-57B262E50596.jpg

TRNP - Zeeba

This blend of Vietnamese oud, Ta'if rose, and Mysore sandalwood may not be much more than the sum of its parts, but lovely parts they are, and it may yet reveal other dimensions as the day wears on.

This is the last of nearly 20 Teone Reinthal Natural Perfumery scents I had to sample, and it's saying something that I was disappointed in only three (mostly as a matter of taste) and impressed to wowed by the others. Reinthal's work is a stark contrast to that of another favorite natural perfumer, AbdesSalaam, in character, but a peer in quality. In general TRNP fragrances are robust in both scent and performance. I hope Reinthal enjoys a successful career for many years to come.
    Last edited by PStoller; 13th July 2021 at 11:07 PM.

Basenotes Plus

This morning, sampled ELdO Tom of Finland and this afternoon sampling Cartier L'Heure Mysterieuse. The former was just okay; I'd wear it from time to time if I had a bottle. The latter is just bad.

Blog Entries

PStoller, l've very much enjoyed your impressions from this house, & you've certainly got me interested in some of these! l hope you'll continue to contribute to the thread with anything else you're sampling.

l've been sent a set of samples from the newest collection by Sarah Baker Perfumes, & today l started with G Clef:

The name is apparently jazz-inspired, although l'm not sure l get the connection here. What l do get is something very similar to another fragrance of hers, Greek Keys. However, where that one has a megadose of calone with enormous projection, this one is more subtle. The calone is still very much a player here, but it's more tempered with citrus & lavender in the opening, & grassy, hay-like notes in the heart & base. l smell less of the ocean, & more of the grass-covered dunes along the shoreline. As l worked outside in the sunshine this afternoon, the heat seemed to amplify the sweetness of the coumarin note, but l didn't get the listed amber. lt was still going softly seven hours in when l came in for a shower, despite being covered with suntan lotion & baking in the sun, & even post-shower l could still smell it faintly.

This is easily unisex, & l'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a modern fougere & the scent of the ocean.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Fig-Tea by NicolaÔ

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    PStoller, l've very much enjoyed your impressions from this house, & you've certainly got me interested in some of these! l hope you'll continue to contribute to the thread with anything else you're sampling.
    You’re very kind, thank you. Also, re: your hope, in luck—I have @600 untested samples and I plan to try a new one every day, with exceptions for Friday syncs and unforeseen circumstances. So, figure I’ll be a regular in this thread for a couple of years, though I may post reviews of vintage samples in the Vintage SOTD thread, which has been home to me for a while now.

l've been sent a set of samples from the newest collection by Sarah Baker Perfumes, & today l started with G Clef:

The name is apparently jazz-inspired, although l'm not sure l get the connection here. What l do get is something very similar to another fragrance of hers, Greek Keys. However, where that one has a megadose of calone with enormous projection, this one is more subtle. The calone is still very much a player here, but it's more tempered with citrus & lavender in the opening, & grassy, hay-like notes in the heart & base.
    Much as I’d love to get behind a jazz-inspired scent, calone in any but the most minute quantities is a dealbreaker for me. It sounds as if I’d enjoy the rest of it. Thanks for the review!

4AB36E1A-6725-4CA7-ABA4-F80E2E00D5F1.jpg

Gucci - Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme EdP

The Notorious CookieB sent me this one—I suspect a "regifting," a practice of which I heartily approve.

I'm a sucker for a good leather, and tolerant of a middling one. There are a few I can't abide: notably Tom Ford's, whose signature leather leaves me cold, with or without the unfortunate raspberry glaze. But I'm perfectly happy with Avon Leather, a virtually unadorned IBQ that might serve to "punch up" a more complex scent that suffers with an anemic leather note.

Enter GGApH, which gets hyped by some as an old-school leather and dinged by others for not being old-school enough. My assessment falls in between. It's a decent leather after the "Band-Aid" opening (which doesn't really bug me) burns off, with a mix of natural and synthetic woods that is neither scratchy nor resonant, and some vetiver in the base that rises slowly to augment the leather, giving it some needed dimension. (It's a near-glacial evolution, but it's really better three hours in than at the start.) There's also patchouli in the pyramid that hasn't found its way to my nose.

I appreciate the nod to historic leathers without going entirely retro. It's nicely done, even if a tad more patchouli in the blend might have made it more interesting. Younger perfumistos who don't know/like the vintage stuff might dig this as something different from their usual woody-ambroxan bombs (assuming they don't find it too grandfatherly). For the more mature market, the main reason for getting this would be the desire for an in-production alternative to the better leathers of the past—but since it's apparently been discontinued, that reason goes out the window.

As I have an ample stock of iconic leathers, I don't need a FB of this one, and I'm undecided about keeping or "forwarding" the decant. Granted, I'd take it over a TF leather any day, but the very aspect of the TFs I dislike might be precisely what makes them preferable to others, perhaps even accounting for GGApH's discontinuation.

Still available for reasonable prices from reputable discounters (e.g., FragranceNet). If you love it, don't wait for it to be the next Envy or Nobile.
    Last edited by PStoller; 15th July 2021 at 12:28 AM.

Common Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    This is the last of nearly 20 Teone Reinthal Natural Perfumery scents I had to sample, and it's saying something that I was disappointed in only three (mostly as a matter of taste) and impressed to wowed by the others.
    Were there any that you marked out for FB purchase?
    Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
    Just keep going. No feeling is final.

--Rainer Maria Rilke

100% agree.... I think there are many lurkers enjoying the daily musings of PStoller!
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Were there any that you marked out for FB purchase?
    I have to be careful with that, because I'm already quite likely to die of old age before I get 10% of the way through the bottles I already own. But I hope to soon synthesize a summary of those Teone Reinthals, including FB eligibility.

As a side note, to those who adhere to a stereotypical notion of masculine and feminine in perfumery, I find it remarkable how "masculine" TRNP scents tend to be. This is a perfumer who likes her work broad-shouldered. That's not to say it lacks for nuance or sensuality—it doesn't!—but TR doesn't "blend like a girl." Strictly in terms of oomph, she's an artisinal Rosie the Riveter. AbdesSalaam (one of my favorites) is delicate by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by SOB111 View Post
    100% agree.... I think there are many lurkers enjoying the daily musings of PStoller!
    Thank you—that's very kind.

Common Lackey

Gucci - Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme EdP
    The Notorious CookieB sent me this one—I suspect a "regifting," a practice of which I heartily approve.
    You're 100% correct. When GGA first came out it caused an absolute uproar on BN, everyone was raving about it, and a pal o' mine was just so sure I'd love it that he ordered me that big decant.

I admired it for many of the reasons you list: its retro nod, its shunning of modern WAC bases. But I cannot abide any rubber or petrol notes in my leathers, and although they are lightly handled in GGA, they're still there. I gave it many tries before I gave up.

Is it really discontinued? There were so many times it was rumored but untrue, I just never expected it to really happen.

--Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    You're 100% correct. When GGA first came out it caused an absolute uproar on BN, everyone was raving about it, and a pal o' mine was just so sure I'd love it that he ordered me that big decant.

I admired it for many of the reasons you list: its retro nod, its shunning of modern WAC bases. But I cannot abide any rubber or petrol notes in my leathers, and although they are lightly handled in GGA, they're still there. I gave it many tries before I gave up.

Is it really discontinued? There were so many times it was rumored but untrue, I just never expected it to really happen.
    None of Gucci’s sites has it, and it seems mostly to be at discounters, but Saks has it online, so maybe it’s still in production.

I’m fine with stuff like Etro Gomma and Knize Ten, so clearly rubber and petrol aren’t disqualifying for me. I think I just found GGA didn’t quite “go there” no matter where “there” was. But it truly did keep improving with time, so I’ll probably give it at least one more shot (ideally in cooler weather) before I pass final judgment on whether to hold or relinquish the decant.

F23ADF82-94B0-41B3-8A33-CBA223C9CF21.jpg

Parfum d’Empire - Iskander

Another from Mlle. Bot. In truth, I’m still luxuriating in the residue of last night’s Tabacco d’Harar, but Iskander looks ideal for the coming summer’s day. Assessment to follow.

Finally wearing. This opens as a lovely herbal citrus, perfect for warmer weather. Time will tell if it distinguishes itself within its category—the base certainly looks promising, as do the reviews—but at first whiff it's not as aggressively synthetic as many of its peers, and the mandarin does a nice job of tempering the astringency of the grapefruit without veering into candy territory.

As for the label tape, I consider it fortuitous that it allowed me to photograph the entire name of the fragrance.

Well, the development hasn't been tremendous; but then, this is essentially a chypric eau de cologne, so the proper magic is in sustaining the top rather than in a dramatic transformation to the base, apparently accomplished by cultivating the orange blossom as the mandarin and grapefruit dissipate. CB loves her some Dior Eau Sauvage, and it's not hard to see how a taste for that tracks with a fondness for this. I have tons of vintage Eau Sauvage (and its glorious kissing cousin, Le Galion Eau Noble), which in their pre-IFRA way are more "base-heavy" for better or worse, depending on what you want. Global warming arguably tips the scales in Iskander's favor, but since I'm a sucker for a deep chypre base—and I have easily a dozen vintage eaux de cologne, as well–I'll probably stick it out with what's already in my wardrobe.

That said, if you're looking for a current but old-school citrus chypre with good longevity and without megadoses of WACs, ambroxan, or iso E super, I would deem this nod to Alexander the Great FB-worthy. If I didn't have this ground covered and re-covered, it would be a no-brainer.
    Last edited by PStoller; 15th July 2021 at 10:30 PM.

Common Lackey

Parfum d’Empire - Iskander
    Another from Mlle. Bot. In truth, I’m still luxuriating in the residue of last night’s Tabacco d’Harar, but Iskander looks ideal for the coming summer’s day. Assessment to follow.
    Clearly my label tapes need to up their performance game.

I'm also drenched in Iskander today, purely by coincidence.

--Rainer Maria Rilke

Basenotes Plus

Today, I tried Clinique's "My Happy Baby Bouquet" for the first time!
    It was actually one of my recommendations from Michael Edward's "Fragrances of the World" website, based on at least one thing from my fragrance "wardrobe" that I love and rate high!
    I tried a number of other recommendations that I got from that website, and I loved most of them! I feel that many of the recommendations from the automated function on that website (where you enter the name of any one fragrance and it pulls up recommended picks) are really spot on!
    Unfortunately..it turns out I don't care for this one in particular so much though. :/
    I got this recommendation based off of the fact that I said I like Shiseido's "Everbloom" EDP..but personally..to my nose at least..I don't find "My Happy Baby Bouquet" to be all that similar! :/

For one thing, it's actually a green fragrance! Like..Michael Edwards doesn't categorize it as green, but to me, it really, really is! Like..honestly..I even find the bottle colour to be all wrong for this one! It's a blush pink, but this one doesn't smell "pink" to me! (Everbloom really, really does, FYI!!) This one definitely should be in a green bottle!
    The notes I get the most are: lily-of-the-valley (although not done in the way I like!), maybe some variety of jasmine or exotic tuberose..but really predominantly I get green notes...like some kind of green leaf plant smell, or fresh mown grass..and maybe something like pine or some other wood note? They're not in the official note pyramid, but that's what this one seems like to me! It's not altogether flowery-sweet in any case! And..it's not even all that musky!!
    I wouldn't say you would like this if you like things like "Everbloom" from Shiseido..I would say you like this if you like Yves Rocher's "Lily-of-the-Valley" maybe..or if you just like green scents in general.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast