Code of Conduct

Default Bakhoor by Montale (2018)

I like this a lot. It is very dry, and has a haunting, evocative and exotic character. Peppery spice notes, dry green resins, resolute woods, and sophisticated, non-threatening oud. Reminds me of Tom Ford's Sahara Noir, but this is not so in-your-face. It is more subtle and elegant. Everything is perfectly balanced, and it wears well throughout the day. Oriental Woody. One site suggests it has olibanum in it. All the BN reviews are positive (to date).
    Notes: Incense, Resin, Sandalwood, Perfumed wood
    From the Montale site:
    "Bewitched by an ancestral perfumed ritual which comes to us from the nomadic Arab tribes of the Middle East, Pierre Montale has created BAKHOOR (pronounced BAROUR), a raw and wild creation, inspired by the traditional incense, burned to release the scents of resin, sandalwood, perfumed wood and natural oils. A wisp of smoke that rises to the sky, an invitation to discover mystical scents of the Orient, both intriguing and fascinating."
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Conifer Connoisseur

Thanks Odysseusm, I'd like to try this one as I enjoy Sahara Noir.
    My perfume project: http://pinewardperfume.com/

Mmm...does sound like it's worth checking out! Thanks for the recommendation Oddy...
    Currently wearing: Fjerne by Slumberhouse

Wonderfully earthy notes lead off: they are almost animalic or even "skanky" -- must be the oud. Still, everything is balanced. Some bright resinous, almost minty notes from the incense and resins. An element in the dry-down is the distinctive smell of plastic bandages -- again, a hallmark of oud. Oud is an acquired taste, but I appreciate it. I don't get so much of any spice notes today. With patience, the promised smoky note appears. Overall, it is a lovely scent.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: Bakhoor by Montale (2018)

Here is an amazing scent from Montale. Watch for new comments tomorrow.
    odysseusm

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Own and love this one!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Beautiful woody and resinous notes, with a hauntingly mysterious and slightly piercing oud note. Very elegant and well constructed. Very dry and slightly austere, yet warm and comforting.
    Glad you like it, hednic!
    odysseusm