Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default NEW Dior Sauvage Elixir

Saw this on Reddit. Can't confirm its authenticity but I thought I would share.. Even more expensive than the Parfum ($155 for 2 oz.). Looks like it should be out in the next month or so. I can hear people complaining about Dior's downfall already:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fragrance/c...auvage_elixir/

Alleged description from Dior:

Elixir - spicy, fresh and woody notes

Sauvage Elixir is an extraordinarily concentrated fragrance steeped in the emblematic freshness of Sauvage with a heady heart of Spice, a "custom-composed" Lavender essence and a blend of sweet, smooth Woods forming the signature of its powerful, distinguished and captivating trail.

Francois Demachy, Dior Perfumer-Creator, created the Sauvage Elixir fragrance like a fine liqueur with exceptional ingredients. This concentration was made possible by the exceptional quality of the raw materials: Sauvage Elixir is a fragrance as unique and rare as a red moon in the night sky.

Sauvage Elixir concentrates all of its power in a midnight blue lacquered glass bottle in a unique* 60 ml size. This precious, vial-like bottle bears the marks of sophisticated design: the magical name of the fragrance is inscribed in shiny silver on a label engraved right into the glass. The dome-shaped bottom engraved with the CD logo marks its silhouette.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Default Re: NEW Dior Sauvage Elixir

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing more.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hopefully it isn’t as far off from the original Sauvage like the Parfum was, I would be interested in smelling this and maybe buying a bottle if it’s any good.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Hopefully it isnt as far off from the original Sauvage like the Parfum was, I would be interested in smelling this and maybe buying a bottle if its any good.
    The Parfum is my favorite concentration so Im hoping it goes further in that direction.

Basenotes Plus

Was creating a post about this. Good info. Will probably be a darker sweeter worse version. Sweetening it up make it like everything else. We will see. Spice will probably be pink pepper, ugh. Please no.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

Basenotes Plus

I saw a bottle online.
    I smell.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeaveli2682 View Post
    extraordinarily concentrated
    Yikes.

Sauvage is already a harsh chemical bomb. So, they asked themselves "Can we make it harsher, stronger, and more bombier?" I realize "bombier" isn't a word, but the sound of it makes me laugh whereas being downwind of anybody wearing this stuff would probably make me cry.

I'm ready for this harsh chemical bomb era to be over.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Boy Chanel
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    APOM
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Opus 1870
    Reflection Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Tabac Rouge
    Interlude Man
    Chanel Eau De Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Aqua Celestia
    Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    "Live in the moment. Never count on longevity." --Yeasayer
    Currently wearing: Black Tea by Murdock

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Yikes.

Sauvage is already a harsh chemical bomb. So, they asked themselves "Can we make it harsher, stronger, and more bombier?" I realize "bombier" isn't a word, but the sound of it makes me laugh whereas being downwind of anybody wearing this stuff would probably make me cry.

Here we go LOL
    Last edited by Mikeaveli2682; 9th July 2021 at 03:46 PM.

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Yikes.

The higher concentrations have gotten progressively smoother, richer, and sweeter (for better or worse), with the parfum having a pretty heavy slug of tonka in it. I don't think this "elixir" would deviate from that direction if sales are solid. It's mostly the EdT that has the bug spray effect from my experience.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Not every discussion requires a winner and loser. There isn't always a right and wrong. Conversation is not a battlefield.
    Currently wearing: Lover Boy by Avon

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Sounds very interesting. Thanks!

The Parfum is my favorite concentration so I’m hoping it goes further in that direction.
    This is surely what he's thinking, but this could draw in people who were almost but not quite buyers on the parfum. That's where I'm at.

Here we go ��
    Sauvage was pure provocation in fragrance! They poked us with the hot end first for a reason!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Varanis Ridari View Post
    The higher concentrations have gotten progressively smoother, richer, and sweeter (for better or worse), with the parfum having a pretty heavy slug of tonka in it. I don't think this "elixir" would deviate from that direction if sales are solid. It's mostly the EdT that has the bug spray effect from my experience.
    Exactly! That radiant chemical "quality" which I love/hate was reined in. I've been waiting for a concentration to love differently - this could be it!

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Exactly! That radiant chemical "quality" which I love/hate was reined in. I've been waiting for a concentration to love differently - this could be it!
    $155 for 2oz as a regular-line designer feels like their testing their luck with mainstream affluence as well.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Not every discussion requires a winner and loser. There isn't always a right and wrong. Conversation is not a battlefield.
    Currently wearing: Lover Boy by Avon

Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Varanis Ridari View Post
    $155 for 2oz as a regular-line designer feels like their testing their luck with mainstream affluence as well.
    I agree - not sure how it could get any stronger than the EdT without having people fainting in the streets. And the price is just eye-watering. Can't imagine how a designer can pull this off in a standard range. If it were an exclusive line, I could understand it to some extent.

Strangely I prefer the EdT over the other versions and enjoy the spiciness in general. I can't wear it myself due to the overload of ambroxan but it does smell fairly pleasant from further away.

Sometimes it comes off so strongly from very far away on others, that I wonder if people are wearing the EdT or the Cool Spray version. The latter seems to put out a whole cloud of the stuff.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Herms

I would be interested in checking this elixir version out. I wasn't too impressed with "Parfum" anymore since almost every brand is pushing out a Parfum version. Elixir seems actually special.

Source: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&client=safari

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post

Strangely I prefer the EdT over the other versions and enjoy the spiciness in general. I can't wear it myself due to the overload of ambroxan but it does smell fairly pleasant from further away.

Same for me.
    Currently wearing: Red Tobacco by Mancera

the concentration is bothering me also. Do we have to store it carefully like High Level Waste?

I could smell if a colleague, who wears the original Edt, was in the building before me in the morning -- and we work on the 3rd floor!

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I get that with a lot of recent releases, including Sauvage. Smells nice from a far, but the closer you get the more harsh it becomes.

I gave away Mont Blanc Legend because it smelled like a chemical accident on me up close, whereas the silage of it on my boss was really nice.

Here's a better look at the bottle: https://loscabos.shopdutyfree.com/es...-4954331283828

Here's a better look at the bottle: https://loscabos.shopdutyfree.com/es...-4954331283828
    It's like a hand grenade -- just take the top off and throw

Well, it is 'rewriting the rules...'

It's funny, I was at Nordstrom yesterday trading new release gossip with the SA there, and she told me there was a new Sauvage coming, and I was like "No, that isn't possible, there's already EdT, EdP, etc..." Guess I called that one wrong. "Elixir", who knew???

This is more expensive per ml than the Dior Prive line. I’m curious to try it but $155 is ridiculous.

And as for intensity I don’t think it’s necessarily going to be more intense, if anything the progressive concentrations have become smoother and sweeter and not louder and harsher

The "blue" denotation for this fragrance is fitting: I have the EDP and wear it once in a blue moon. I smelled the parfum and thought "meh" for the price. The elixir would probably be "meh, squared." I prefer Bleu de Chanel stuff, but honestly, I guess this might answer "What do you get that person who has everything?"
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Journey Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell_ View Post
    This is more expensive per ml than the Dior Prive line. I’m curious to try it but $155 is ridiculous.

And as for intensity I don’t think it’s necessarily going to be more intense, if anything the progressive concentrations have become smoother and sweeter and not louder and harsher
    Agree, it will have to be really special for me to drop that much on Sauvage the Parfum isn’t worth $150 imo my EDT does just fine for the $95 retail I paid less but still is fine as is in EDT concentration.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

So this will contain the note “ambrox-radioactive isotope.”
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Basenotes Institution

Will sample when available.

Quote Originally Posted by imm0rtelle View Post
    Beautiful bottle. I always thought this stuff smelled great, even if I'd never wear it, and I hope this launch doesn't disappoint.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bzios Brasil

Thanks for this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    So this will contain the note “ambrox-radioactive isotope.”
    Quote Originally Posted by imm0rtelle View Post
    This stuff looks nuclear. Johnny Depp is gonna need buffalo horns, two dead crows, and a treasure chest of jewelry, all launched into space with an electromagnetic railgun, to pull this off.

Each and every time, I read Sausage Elixir...

I'll see my way out.
    "Work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need" - Voltaire

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast