Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Chanel celebrate 100th anniversary of No. 5 with Chanel Factory 5 Collection

Read the article here / 1625821260

The Scented Devil
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chanel celebrate 100th anniversary of No. 5 with Chanel Factory 5 Collection

Some of these look cool. I think there was a missed opportunity at putting the EdT in a trigger bottle, but I guess Moschino and B.O.D. already beat everyone to that.
    Reviews Wordpress Archive here --> The Scented Devil Instagram here --> Varanis Ridari @the_scented_devil
    Not every discussion requires a winner and loser. There isn't always a right and wrong. Conversation is not a battlefield.

Default Re: Chanel celebrate 100th anniversary of No. 5 with Chanel Factory 5 Collection

A good decision can always be repeated. In this, as for me, there is nothing shameful. Of course, appropriating someone else's inventions is bad, but creating a special bottle for a special perfume is not a crime.

I was hoping for special limited release scent(s), can't say this announcement brings much thrill for the anniversary celebration.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

My granddaughter would be interested in this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I love it! Gearpunk! I thought it interesting that the L'Eau in cylindrical bottles is GONE - that was the first thing I thought would be a nice thing to snag, although I love the look of the oil bottle quite a bit, too.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

I totally dig it!

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I totally dig it!
    You should post here more often. :-)
    September Rotation

Cuir d'Ange / Etruscan Water / Carnal Flower / Bel Ami Vetiver / Vetiver Extraordinaire / Christopher Street
    Caron Third Man / Baie de Genievre / Cuiron / Rive Gauche pour Homme / Bois d'Armenie / Vanille Tonka

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Common Lackey

I totally dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    I was just thinking the exact same thing. We you miss around here, Gandhajala!
    Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
    Just keep going. No feeling is final.

--Rainer Maria Rilke

My favorite thing was the packaging for the EDP and L'Eau bottles. I love it! Still hopeful that they will do something special for the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I was just thinking the exact same thing. We you miss around here, Gandhajala!

Thank you both! Lovely of you to say and hope you are keeping well.

I totally dig it!
    Yikes, where have you been?!?!?! Welcome back!!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pfranka View Post
    ... Still hopeful that they will do something special for the holidays.
    Me too! I'm sure of it. More surprises, no doubt! If I recall correctly, the limited edition red L'Eau was a late announcement. Chanel fans need to plan ahead!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Varanis Ridari View Post
    Some of these look cool. I think there was a missed opportunity at putting the EdT in a trigger bottle, but I guess Moschino and B.O.D. already beat everyone to that.
    Yes, exactly. Perhaps they wanted to stay "industrial" rather than "consumer". But I think there might be an opportunity with a spray can, WD40-style.

I have a beautiful old photo somewhere of a lathe in a hydro power plant in a dam (they fabricated all their old parts), with a colorful can of Glade sitting on the table next to it. It was just wonderfully right and wrong at the same time. I got some amazing photos out of that tour.